Save yourself a playthrough

CB7Tuner91

58 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Just some friendly advice. I know the guide and many others suggest doing two playthroughs. Do yourself a favor and just start on Classic. Its really not that bad at all and you can save yourself a playthrough.

The big stop gap for people is the race if you ask me and any of the car chases.

• Like 2

Another thing there's a few instances where you can avoid the chase stuff if you originally start out on foot by just totalling the enemies car before going into the mission proper like be in the mission but before the shit hits the fan just quietly as possible fuck their vehicle up it's kinda funny watching them try to get away on foot

1 minute ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

@Lonemankane I get that, but the race really isnt that bad once you know how to take the turns. Plus your going to have to beat the race on Classic either way so you might as well do it on one playthrough.

True but some people might not want do it on the first try as it is hard to get used to the controls of that race but that is just me

• 7 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Just some friendly advice. I know the guide and many others suggest doing two playthroughs. Do yourself a favor and just start on Classic. Its really not that bad at all and you can save yourself a playthrough.

Thanks a ton for this advice!  I was going to do an easy playthrough and then replay on classic for that one trophy, but I'm so glad I didn't.  After beating the game on Classic and then switching to 'Easy' (and switching police response and car controls from sim to regular), I barely noticed a difference.  I'd say Classic is only a small difficulty bump up from Easy, so completely pointless to do 2 playthroughs.  Also, since the game is segregated into Story and Free Ride, and all of the missions can be taken mostly at a leisurely pace, just take your time and don't rush, that's what I did.  The only tip I wish I had before I realized it on my own is that shooting from cover is useless and a great way to take a lot of damage on Classic.  Instead, stay behind cover, not against it, and while aiming slowly move until the enemy's head is in your crosshairs.  99% of the time I didn't take any damage in firefights and got mostly easy headshots.  The hardest parts of the game were the race (even more so, getting the car back to the track in the time limit) and shooting the machine gun turret.  The whole truck portion of that mission sucked on Classic, but the turret was the worst.  For that section alone, I had to set Auto Aim to high and empty 3 full clips into the turret without dying.  There's one more 'timed' event like that, and auto aim didn't help, but at least you don't have to do as much damage to the targets.  Plus the race wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is, although for people who don't like racing games, it'll probably be the hardest part of the game.

• Like 3