Torgue DLC Death Race 3

MrTacoNinja

Currently I'm level 38. The race has a minimum level requirement of 50. Do I actually have to be level 50 for it to count or something because I've finished this bullshit several times now with seconds to spare only for it to say "FAILED"? I'm playing the PSVR version of it matters.

-UPDATE-

The level doesn't matter and it doesn't make it more or less difficult. I think the problem I was having was not hitting the first checkpoint properly. Rather than go under it I was side-stepping it to shave off some time so therefore it obviously wasn't registering as a "complete" race.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

The Death Races are the only events in this DLC where your level doesn't matter, except on the higher playthroughs because the only thing it affects is how much damage the NPCs do to you (which on Playthrough 3 and the OP Levels is enough to one shot you in some cases) but the other Tier 3 events are impossible unless you are Level 50 or higher (though you can cheat the Bar Brawl if you have a Norfleet Rocket Launcher and a 94% Sham shield, then stand near a specific wall and keep firing off rockets until everyone is dead).

Also note that some of the checkpoints have iffy collision detection so you have to go through the dead centre of them, else they don't count and won't move on to the next one. You can cheat the Death Races a little bit, by placing your car near the first checkpoint, running back to startline, accept the mission, wait for the countdown to hit zero, then go to catch-a-ride and teleport straight to your vehicle and drive straight through the checkpoint. This trick will save vital seconds on the final race, because that one has virtually no margin for error so even a tiny mistake can be costly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 hour ago, farradono said:

Level does matter, but not in the way you’d think, there’s a side quest from Ellie  that  boosts your vehicle’s performance, the higher the level of said side quest (so basically T/UVHM), the better the relic will be.

I forgot all about that relic - it is a lifesaver if you are having problems with the races :).