Some Patch 6.0 Questions

SmileSlice

Hi, I have recently finished the MSQ of Heavensward and have travelled to the Ishgard residential district of Empyreum. I however do not have the mount speed star filled in like I do for the ARR residential zones.

My assumption is that since the Ishgard residential area wasn’t added until Patch 6.0, that I’ll need to play that far for my mount speed to increase there? I was able to travel to Empyreum following the MSQ Litany of Peace though.

Do I unlock the mount speed increase through MSQ, or do I need to participate in and do certain things in the Ishgardian Restoration in order to unlock the boost? I can’t find a single source on this online. Thanks in advance.

Am not quite sure about which Speed star you are talking about (did you check the menu > travel > mount speed ?)

I have all mounts speed unlocked in all areas, and this what I know about ARR and HW zones:

- First mount speeds is unlocked through MSQ

- Second mount speeds for ARR is bought using Allied Seals from your Grand Company

- Second mount speeds for HW is bought using Centurio Seals in Ishgard

Second mount speeds are sometimes available to exchange in Moogle Treasure Trove Event

Did you check https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Mounts ?

17 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Am not quite sure about which Speed star you are talking about (did you check the menu > travel > mount speed ?)

I have all mounts speed unlocked in all areas, and this what I know about ARR and HW zones:

- First mount speeds is unlocked through MSQ

- Second mount speeds for ARR is bought using Allied Seals from your Grand Company

- Second mount speeds for HW is bought using Centurio Seals in Ishgard

Second mount speeds are sometimes available to exchange in Moogle Treasure Trove Event

Did you check https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Mounts ?

Yup, I checked. So in the HW areas, I have the first star in every single area which can have two: Central and Western Highlands, Sea of Clouds, Azys Lla, Idyllshire, Drav Forelands and Hinterlands, and Churning Mists.

The one I’m missing is at the top of that list in that tab under Coerthas. Empyreum has an empty star next to it, that’s the residential district. I’m in the post-Dragonsong MSQ now, but I know Empyreum also wasn’t added until a much later patch with 6.0.

So I’m wondering if something glitched, or if I get the speed increase for it much later on? I know for those other areas I need the riding maps for the second star. My only concern is that I’m able to travel to Empyreum residential district but I haven’t seen anything online for how to boost the speed there.

On 2022-11-14 at 4:40 PM, oYazmat said:

It's true... at this point, I have no idea how I unlocked it, it seems finishing ARR MSQ unlocks Speed 1 in Mist, The Lavender Beds, The Goblet, but finishing HW only unlocks Idyllshire (Source: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Mounts#Increase_Mount_Speed)

So, an update: I JUST began the Stormblood expansion and entered Gyr Abania. In the middle of the MSQ “Beyond the Great Wall”, the speed boost and star are now suddenly there for the Empyreum residential district.

I never received any sort of notification or indication, I just happened to check it. So it was definitely tied to the MSQ.

• Like 1