The Strokers Find a New Entrypoint

Walt the Dog

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

LOL. You have to hand it them for "Nature finds a way". Or in this case "Shit finds a way".

No idea how hard it is to add the filter the DLC list, honestly the devs seriously love their free advertising on this site.....and it's almost certainly because of the Shovelware filter.

I dont think it would be that hard. I mean, games have already been manually tagged for been shovelware or not and there is a system in place for the main games to not display them. I dont think a check for the DLC part would be that hard.

I can also think 2nd reason why they do this, but this is definently testing the waters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

I can also think 2nd reason why they do this, but this is definently testing the waters. 

Are you thinking they might eventually try to test the PS5 trophy limit using this as a base? Gonna be really funny if they intend to eventually go past 256 at some point considering the PSNP trophy limit still hasn't been fixed.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I guess this is confirmation that the Shovelware filter on the site did affect the bottom line of these "developers" and put a dent in their profiteering to some extent?

Would be a staggering coincidence if the method of release of these products would change to include DLC almost immediately after the Shovelware filter was implemented - in exactly the required way required to try and obfuscate it, and re-appear on the homepage.

I suppose Sly will need to add the same functionality to the New DLC page as the New Games page to keep the squeeze on those "Developers" - though at least the Game Info Team shouldn't need to re-tag anything - presumably the equivalent DLC filter can just use the Shovelware tag from the main game it is attached to to identify?

Not sure how the spam filter is implemented, but if the flag for the basegame can be accessed when populating the DLC list, it's probably like one line of code

if (!ThisTrophyList->bIsShitShovelWareGame)

{

ThisTrophyList.ShowDLC();

}

• Like 1

In addition to forcing the shovelware filter onto the “New DLC” box on this site’s dashboard, should we also consider removing Easy Games” from the right side of the games page too? Either that or we should blacklist the “games” released by offending publishers from taking up all top five games appearing on that list.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I guess this is confirmation that the Shovelware filter on the site did affect the bottom line of these "developers" and put a dent in their profiteering to some extent?

You are not right. The only reason they put a dent in their profiteering is the sheer number of titles published.

This has resulted in some rethinking their purchases, their trophy hunting or simply not having the funds to purchase all of the titles.

So this kind of games eats itself, it has nothing to do with the new "Hide Shovelware" option.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

That is unbelievable. Does the DLC cost anything?

Imagine having to buy a DLC for every Easy Platinum game. I'm starting to think the developer of the Stroke series is really trolling.

Well if the idea of the dev was to make easy plat for $$$ This pissoff so many that there 100% just got destroyed. But know many of them would pay that 1$ dlc to get that back.

• Like 1

Definitely a new plan to see how many of the people who get the plat are also concerned about 100%

If it's a success, I can imagine untold amounts of DLC. Why have to go through spending a day or two creating and adding a new game when you can just add some new trophy requirements and make money.

The objective here is bare minimum effort for maximum profit. A bit like EA with their sports franchises.

People who are already sick of doing these games on a daily basis are going to hate it even more when trying to keep up with DLC, it will be a full time exercise of pressing X every day.

Part of me thinks it's hilarious but also feel very sorry for those individuals that feel like they have to keep chasing these titles, staring blankly at a screen, a tear rolling down their face and a very swollen index finger.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Definitely a new plan to see how many of the people who get the plat are also concerned about 100%

If it's a success, I can imagine untold amounts of DLC. Why have to go through spending a day or two creating and adding a new game when you can just add some new trophy requirements and make money.

The objective here is bare minimum effort for maximum profit. A bit like EA with their sports franchises.

People who are already sick of doing these games on a daily basis are going to hate it even more when trying to keep up with DLC, it will be a full time exercise of pressing X every day.

Part of me thinks it's hilarious but also feel very sorry for those individuals that feel like they have to keep chasing these titles, staring blankly at a screen, a tear rolling down their face and a very swollen index finger.

My guess is that they just use a turbocontroller for this...

• Like 2