The Strokers Find a New Entrypoint

Walt the Dog

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

wwwww, was it hurting their bottom line? lol

Sadly hiding shovelware DLC...I think that is something that people are going to ask for now, I sense the flood gates are gonna be filled in that section as well too.... Can I be the first to ask for this feature?

idk they're all gonna see dlc and give up. Dlc is too much work even just stroking the dog.

in all seriousness though it's been nice not seeing this crap.  out of sight out of mind.  Quite a few of the spam x crew have gave it up too.

4 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Are you thinking they might eventually try to test the PS5 trophy limit using this as a base? Gonna be really funny if they intend to eventually go past 256 at some point considering the PSNP trophy limit still hasn't been fixed.

Nah, I didnt want to say it to not cause an influx in untapped market..., but this is what I was thinking:

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I suspect you're going to find out.

If the purveyors of these products can no longer rely on the same steady influx of customers for the new "games" due to the side-lining of them on sites like this one, then they will likely fall back on re-tapping their previous customers via DLC.

The primary (and let's face it, in most cases, only,) customer base they prey upon are those with a vested interest in trophy leaderboards, i.e. the users of sites like this one.

Given that there is a strong focus on completion rate among that same user-base, it is logical that those "developers" will adapt their business model to exploit that aspect of trophy "hunting", since the "raw numbers" game has been hobbled to some extent -and try to make up the difference in lost revenue that way.

After all, if new customers are harder to entice, it makes sense to double-down on existing ones, and extract some more cash from those already ensnared. Those folks will feel more pressured to buy them anyways. "In for a penny, in for a pound," as it were.

I suspect we are going to see a huge influx of DLCs for all biggest selling trophy-mill products, particularly if this one sells to a high enough percentage of the original "game" owners.

This is likely just the early test-balloon.

• Like 1

Surely this will be slightly counter intuitive as folks who purchase large numbers of these for completion reasons, will now avoid for fear of later releases of DLC.

That said those who just want quick Plat figures and large numbers of gold trophies will likely not be too fussed about it damaging completion percentages

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HedleyNEUK said:

Surely this will be slightly counter intuitive as folks who purchase large numbers of these for completion reasons, will now avoid for fear of later releases of DLC.

That said those who just want quick Plat figures and large numbers of gold trophies will likely not be too fussed about it damaging completion percentages

Yes and no.

TBH, it's a pretty shrewd business move. 

They might lose future sales of new softwares, that's for sure - but that's an avenue that has likely become a little bit harder since this site (still the largest of the trophy sites,) and PSN to a large extent has buried and disenfranchised them. 

For the folks who are already "bought in" and do care about completion though, this is a likely a harbinger.

If, say,  a person out there already bought 100s of these for completion reasons, then maybe they would have bought 100s more new ones, all things being equal...

...but I'd imagine they are far more likely to buy DLC packs for the 100s they already have, to maintain that completion.

They are already on the hook - and the "developers" can slowly start ratcheting up the price of the DLC packs...

1st few packs are $0.99...

Next few are $1.99...

then $2.99...

then $3.99...

... and theoretically they can just keep on going, to see what price is the sweet spot, where people are paying the maximum price that market will bear to maintain the completion they originally "bought in" to increase, without the "developers" ever having to rely too much on selling new products to any new people.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

All the breakthrough, stroke and jumping shit games should release a 50$ dlc each to teach trophy whores a lesson. Watching all the "completionists" having a mental breakdown on this website would be the most beautiful sight one could imagine.

I agree, but honestly I doubt they care about completion percentage. I think all they care about is having as many Trophies and easy Platinums ad possible.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

All the breakthrough, stroke and jumping shit games should release a 50$ dlc each to teach trophy whores a lesson. Watching all the "completionists" having a mental breakdown on this website would be the most beautiful sight one could imagine.

12 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

And / or these DLCs should be incredibly difficult.

Oh god this would be amazing, I've often thought all it would take to kill this entire shovelware crap is to add some DLC that isn't worth the time in a few random titles then people will fear buying them in future

Imagine some of these games added a trophy for reaching a billion points and you had to press the button and not hold it, also make sure there's no saving so it's a billion presses in a row 

7 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

Oh god this would be amazing, I've often thought all it would take to kill this entire shovelware crap is to add some DLC that isn't worth the time in a few random titles then people will fear buying them in future

Imagine some of these games added a trophy for reaching a billion points and you had to press the button and not hold it, also make sure there's no saving so it's a billion presses in a row 

This is the sort of thing I've genuinely wanted to see since September. Why has no one done it yet?

Edited by Groudon199

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

My guess is that they just use a turbocontroller for this...

It could be, but to be fair it is a PS5 game, so it's probably safe to assume whoever's playing these games are doing it manually.

On that note though, are there any reasonably-priced turbo controllers for PS5 yet?

6 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

It could be, but to be fair it is a PS5 game, so it's probably safe to assume whoever's playing these games are doing it manually.

On that note though, are there any reasonably-priced turbo controllers for PS5 yet?

You can use ps5 remote play on ps4 to play the ps5 versions with a turbo. I don't think there are any ps5 turbos yet

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

You can use ps5 remote play on ps4 to play the ps5 versions with a turbo. I don't think there are any ps5 turbos yet

cronus and titan isn't compatible with PS5 because they disconnect after 1 min. Only workaround is like you said use remote play to use PS4 controller set as turbo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

18 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

It doesn't have to be an actual controller. It can also be an input converter like a Cronus Max, Cronus Zen or Titan one.

Those USB-like devices are put in a USB port of the console and you connect your controller to those devices wireless or wired. The main use of those devices is using controllers from other systems on your system and programming rapid fire triggers. But you can program a lot with them. Simple things like continuously pressing a series of buttons or more complicated things like the FFIX trophy for 1000 jumps. I made a Cronus Max script that did the Tony Hawk  1+2 grind to level 100 on it's own.

They're similar to PS4Macro that is often used for this type of annoying grind but they don't need to connect through remote play like PS4Macro has to and avoid possible lag issues with the network connection.
And Cronus Zen and Titan One already seem to support PS5. Cronus Max is the Cronus Zen predecessor and I couldn't immediately find out if it already supported PS5.

4 minutes ago, THEONE_EU1 said:

cronus and titan isn't compatible with PS5 because they disconnect after 1 min. Only workaround is like you said use remote play to use PS4 controller set as turbo.

Interesting, on their sites they say they do support it...

But even then, remote play still works for this case.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kolm said:

It doesn't have to be an actual controller. It can also be an input converter like a Cronus Max, Cronus Zen or Titan one.

Those USB-like devices are put in a USB port of the console and you connect your controller to those devices wireless or wired. The main use of those devices is using controllers from other systems on your system and programming rapid fire triggers. But you can program a lot with them. Simple things like continuously pressing a series of buttons or more complicated things like the FFIX trophy for 1000 jumps. I made a Cronus Max script that did the Tony Hawk  1+2 grind to level 100 on it's own.

They're similar to PS4Macro that is often used for this type of annoying grind but they don't need to connect through remote play like PS4Macro has to and avoid possible lag issues with the network connection.
And Cronus Zen and Titan One already seem to support PS5. Cronus Max is the Cronus Zen predecessor and I couldn't immediately find out if it already supported PS5.

Interesting, on their sites they say they do support it...

But even then, remote play still works for this case.

Well I have them and I can tell you they don't work lol

• Like 1

Just now, THEONE_EU1 said:

Well I have them and I can tell you they don't work lol

Good to know!
I only have the Cronus Max and I know I didn't update the firmware for years. So even if they added PS5 support to that one, I know it's not going to work until I do a firmware upgrade :)

But when I check the forums I indeed see some threads about the ZEN disconnecting after 1 or a few minutes. I guess it's a matter of time until they fix it, hopefully...
Until that time it's remote play I guess...

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Nope, CronusMax won't be updated anymore to receive PS5 support. The company is trying to push CronusZen for PS5 instead.

In that sentence I was referring to the Cronus ZEN that apparently still has a disconnecting problem with PS5.

But at least now I know Cronus Max isn't getting an update for PS5 :) 

I mainly mentioned Cronus and Titan because a lot of people are not aware that those devices exist and still think a turbocontroller is an actual controller while those devices and PS4Macro can get the job done as well and often even more complicated stuff as well.
Not saying that the first person I quoted didn't know it, just making people aware in general ;) 

Oh it's happened! Microsoft allowed this a while ago with the Xbox, developers could add minor updates to their games that allowed 1000 GS (multiple times, some of those cheapo games get 2-3 updates with 1000 GS each update). I was wondering if Sony was going to do the same thing, and while they have, it's not as bad since it's just 3 bronze trophies.

Edited by Caesar Clown