Tagging DLC as Shovelware

I'd like to see these evidences.

Still a long stretch because there are far less DLC releases and so far - it may or may not change in the future - shovelware DLC isn't flooding anything. A PS5 port of a PS4 game with lots of DLCs (e.g. Dead by Daylight) floods the DLC release list and nobody complained.

Until there is a flood of shovelware DLCs I'd say its just another cheap shot from the shovelware witch hunt, the resentfulness being shown in that game's DLC thread (lets make the DLC $50, and insults).

• Like 1

I already mentioned it just yesterday in the other trending topic calling out the "Stroke The Puppy" DLC pack and I'm gonna ask once again:

Can the show/hide shovelware filter be applied onto or just outright remove the "Easy Games" box positioned right of the main games page's list of games, you know, the one sitting under "Popular Games"?

Edited by Dry
Post 420, nice.
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dry said:

I already mentioned it just yesterday in the other trending topic calling out the "Stroke The Puppy" DLC pack and I'm gonna ask once again:

Can the show/hide shovelware filter be applied onto or just outright remove the "Easy Games" box positioned right of the main games page's list of games, you know, the one sitting under "Popular Games"?

@HusKy?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

And yes, this is absolutely useless in 2022 It was a nice feat back in those days, but now it's just a waste of space. 

Do you guys remember when players with hidden trophies were "accused" of having easy games like Terminator Salvation and Hannah Montana: The Game? xD

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I also agree with one of the posts above that suggested the 'Easy Games' box should be removed from the games page. It's just another avenue for these so-called devs to promote their garbage shovelware. You can get the same result by ordering the game page by average completion anyway. It's just about making it more difficult for people to find.

The one thing that always frustrated me is that for people like me who want to look at the hardest games out there, I always have to go to that Easy Games list, then go to the last few pages of that. Wish it could be the opposite and have it filter the hard games first.

I have no issues about removing shovelware from that Easy Games list, but if it's not possible, then I'd rather have the list of "Hard Games" have a box to click instead of the Easy Games box.

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
typo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I agree, I went ahead and sent him a message - we'll see if Sly fixes this

I recommended removing the easy games box earlier too, since yeah that's not very useful anymore xD 

If you're gonna remove the "Easy Games" box, can you at least update the Hard Games box to have a button you can click to sort the games list automatically? :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

It's kinda frustrating that DLC comes out way less often than new games (at least these days)

So now "Stroke The Dog" takes literal center piece of the front end of the website and might be there for several weeks at this rate...

If the DLC front page becomes all “Stroke The” DLC’s, then we absolutely need the filter. 

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I agree, I went ahead and sent him a message - we'll see if Sly fixes this

I recommended removing the easy games box earlier too, since yeah that's not very useful anymore xD 

Sly replies to PMs?

Because i kindly asked something to him a couple of months ago and he didn't even read the PM.

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

If the DLC front page becomes all “Stroke The” DLC’s, then we absolutely need the filter. 

Nah, we need the filter as soon as possible. Even those few DLC we have now are too much for me. This site is about Trophy hunting, not Trophy popping.

• Like 1