The Descent on Grounded - Crashing

Flynnerigan

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and knows a fix. 

I've played permadeath on Grounded as far as the opening cutscene on The Descent. Once the cutscene ends, the game crashes. When I reload, I get a crash and if I revert back to a previous save and get back to The Descent again, it crashes once more.

I've tried rebuilding database and reinstalling but no luck. I have read it's an issue exclusively with this level and Grounded. Anyone got a solution? I already lost my permadeath run but maybe I can save the Grounded trophy. 

Edit: I'm also on PS5. 

Edited by Flynnerigan

• 1 month later...

The exact same thing happened to me right at the cut scene to the Descent 

I’ve done everything as well also on ps5

I’ve just restarted from the beginning but now worried it will happen again at the same cut scene 

what did you do in the end?

Edited by markyoung99

Just for reference in case anyone has this issue in future:

The cutscene as you fall from the skyscraper bridge with Abby crashes your game on Grounded if you skip it. Unfortunately if it happened to you on perma death you'll have to start your run again. 

The issue with it is that the game will always crash if you skip that cutscene on Grounded. No idea why. Be mindful when running that area, it's the only cutscene you can't skip and it's really short. 

I ran it again afterwards and had no problems once I didn't skip the small scene. 

• Like 1