FEZ Turns Heads on PS4, PS3, Vita March 25th

UndreyVITA

This is it. We’ve come to the end of development, and Fez is finally coming to PlayStation on March 25th! It’s been an incredible adventure, and we couldn’t have made it without the amazing work of Blit Software and the support of Sony’s team. In the name of all of us at Polytron, thank you so much!

12802121744_1268e3b9f3_z.jpg

People have been asking for a PS3 version of Fez since day one, and we believe it was worth the wait. Blit took the time to make a solid C++ port of the game, which runs smoothly at native resolution on PS Vita, and 720p at 60 frames per second on PS3.

The PS4 version is what we consider to be the best-looking and smoothest Fez experience you can get on a TV set, running at beautiful 1080p (and yes, 60fps too). You wouldn’t think that upping the resolution would make a big difference in a game like ours, where the pixels are the size of Gomez’s fist… but it really does look even crisper and blockier — in a good way.

12801806303_9ccdb3cede_z.jpg

12801704355_9110f8c65b_n.jpg12801806633_f139449d3d_n.jpg

No one’s going to blame you for digging around, but you won’t find many big changes in these versions of the game. However, there are a few surprises… especially in the PS4 version: DualShock 4’s lightbar has been put to the task of bringing a little bit of Fez’s world into your own home, and you may not need to search for that dusty pair of red/cyan glasses to experience a very late-game easter egg… Funny story: to test the new 3DTV support, we spent a weekend running around computer shops to find a monitor that sports an integrated emitter. When we found one and started up Fez, our minds were forever expanded. I think we can see the fourth dimension now?

So the PS4 version is loaded with sexy features, but definitely don’t hold off from getting a dose of Fez on the go, especially with a cross-save slot shared across all three platforms! I sometimes idle the game in a puzzle room, transforming my PS Vita into an infinite Disasterpeace music generator. We’re excited to see what other ways people will find to enjoy the first portable version of Fez.

12801696755_2b96d6c3e2_m.jpg12802113654_c8db2d5fe7_m.jpg12801696575_85fe39486d_m.jpg

Let’s all enjoy the universe of Fez one more time (or for the first time) on PlayStation!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/fez-turns-heads-on-ps4-ps3-vita-march-25th/

Phil Fish supposedly left the gaming industry for being "mistreated" by it, so he had nothing to do with these three ports. Though given how very little of the game has been altered (being no drastic changes or additions), it's still essentially his game being re-released.

Can't say that his consistent whining hadn't tainted my feelings to the game; I did purchase it, I did enjoy some of it.

It's not a horrible game -- but it certainly wasn't worth the drama, or the backlash that then followed on various boards.

This is from the guy who told gamers to fuck ourselves and then whined and cried like a little bitch and quit the video game industry, right? He won't be getting a single cent of my money.

Parker

I will be waiting until it inevitably goes on sale for $3.75

I'd rather not buy it at all, but I have to admit I like the game, and the rest of the devs who worked on this port don't deserve to suffer just because Phil Fish is a complete asshole.

Did he not quit?

Yep, but that doesn't mean he isn't making anymore off it. It is his game :P

Edited by rsoto1125