King of the Mountain is just painful

From start, park cars around A so NPCs won't reach it. Put sentry's around high parts on B and C from wave 3 or 4 onwards, as these can be destroyed and you don't get a lot of money to buy them each round. There is a juggernaut in the final wave, use the cruise missle for that. 

Use the RPG from round 3 as secondary as some riot shield guys come out, and also in general do shoot heli's and cars coming in. 

Edited by HansPatat050
  • Like 1

I didn’t buy anything until multiple bomb sites were live, it should be very manageable with just you and your partner until then. When two do open up, don’t both go to the same site. One goes to one site and one goes to the other. Buy a self rev, buy extra soldiers to assist, and you should both be fine. When it comes to the final round and all 3 sites are live, put turrets on site B (the one in the middle), one of you goes to site A and one to C. If you notice B getting overwhelmed, quickly run over to wipe out any enemies before returning to yours. Obviously as the numbers dwindle one can run to help the other, especially with the juggernaut. 

Have used that method on multiple occasions for myself/helping friends with this trophy, and have had no more than 1 bomb planted during the entire match. Give it a whirl and hopefully it works for you. 

And as someone else said above - rocket launcher as your secondary weapon so you can destroy helicopters before they deploy anyone is a massive help. 

18 hours ago, SimplyDope said:

Thanks for the info. I assume a bomb planted at the very start at ‘A’ will not count? And that it needs to be from wave 1 onwards?

On Xbox true achievements site, they mention that this bomb at the very start (wave 0) does not count, but for me this was not the case. With this bomb planted and three additional in the subsequent waves, the game counted 4 bombs and gave me 2 stars. 

So I made sure no bombs were planted until last wave. Then we allowed one to be planted. Finally we got a total of two bombs planted and got 3 stars. 

20 hours ago, SimplyDope said:

Thanks for the info. I assume a bomb planted at the very start at ‘A’ will not count? And that it needs to be from wave 1 onwards?

This is not the case we did this day one and found if you just hit restart it will not count you have to actually leave the mission and start it again or it will keep counting your previous bombs. Very annoying bug

On 11/15/2022 at 4:49 AM, HansPatat050 said:

From start, park cars around A so NPCs won't reach it. Put sentry's around high parts on B and C from wave 3 or 4 onwards, as these can be destroyed and you don't get a lot of money to buy them each round. There is a juggernaut in the final wave, use the cruise missle for that. 

Use the RPG from round 3 as secondary as some riot shield guys come out, and also in general do shoot heli's and cars coming in. 

This is first paragraph is exactly what me and my partner did minus the missile, and we got it on our 2nd run.

• Like 1

The strategy that always works for me....dont buy anything until the points split up.  Only buy turrets.  If C is a point always put a turret in that gap in the fence facing out towards the edge of map, a lot of guys spawn out there.  Put a few in the street out in front of B and C.  If you have extra points buy reinforcements or self res.  Run medic class.  

On 11/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, Sikutai said:

No trophies for the main part of the game, the multiplayer mode, but some for the boring PvE missions. Not a good decision.

Bobby Kotick I'm sure you're reading along here: Please don't repeat.

Multiplayer achievements are always locked out of the game once people stop playing it.. Waste of space on your list if you dont get them all. Look at older cod games, people are still struggling with crap online only achievements.

Are you playing until the end or giving up when it gets to four plants?

On the PS4 copy (not that it probably matters) we had four instances of planted bombs on my first attempt but the ending screen only counted 2. Is there leeway between planting and defusing or did we just get a lucky bug?

On 02/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, Sohzu89 said:

Multiplayer achievements are always locked out of the game once people stop playing it.. Waste of space on your list if you dont get them all. Look at older cod games, people are still struggling with crap online only achievements.

Technically these are still online-only achievements.

22 hours ago, stewartw0w said:

Are you playing until the end or giving up when it gets to four plants?

On the PS4 copy (not that it probably matters) we had four instances of planted bombs on my first attempt but the ending screen only counted 2. Is there leeway between planting and defusing or did we just get a lucky bug?

Certainly not in my experience - I have hit four a couple of times now.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, Sikutai said:

No trophies for the main part of the game, the multiplayer mode, but some for the boring PvE missions. Not a good decision.

Bobby Kotick I'm sure you're reading along here: Please don't repeat.

Idk about you but i preferred the spec ops trophies way  more, Grinding to prestige master in a CoD i found boring (like vanguard) would be dreadful and much rather do some easy spec ops missions. 

On 11/18/2022 at 4:32 AM, Ghost_of_Ziggy said:

I wish there was a way to cheese this, I’ll cry with fucking joy when I get it. This has just spoilt the game for me. 

SKILL ISSUE

On 12/7/2022 at 11:11 AM, WhiskyRuis said:

Technically these are still online-only achievements.

Certainly not in my experience - I have hit four a couple of times now.

I've done it a few times since with a partner that needed it on PS4 and 5 (I already had it so 3 successful and 1 failed).

Tips wise after the first fail was to block the front of B with cars, block the small side of the outside site, and block the back entrance (facing the side they spawn) of the bunker. It throws the NPCs pathing off. At B they'd all be in the hut, which is usually a plant site, but they'd do nothing. For the bunker they'd all come top side, where turrets were able to pick them off. edit: on the wave with the helicopter circling around, leave it up to give you enough time to move the cars, there's four across the map you can actually drive. The NPC cars weren't ridable for us.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, stewartw0w said:

I've done it a few times since with a partner that needed it on PS4 and 5 (I already had it so 3 successful and 1 failed).

Tips wise after the first fail was to block the front of B with cars, block the small side of the outside site, and block the back entrance (facing the side they spawn) of the bunker. It throws the NPCs pathing off. At B they'd all be in the hut, which is usually a plant site, but they'd do nothing. For the bunker they'd all come top side, where turrets were able to pick them off. edit: on the wave with the helicopter circling around, leave it up to give you enough time to move the cars, there's four across the map you can actually drive. The NPC cars weren't ridable for us.

If you still need it and would like some help, add me. I'm only available the next couple of days though before holidays.

Appreciate it mate but I managed to get it. ?

• 2 months later...
On 13/12/2022 at 2:19 PM, stewartw0w said:

Could you elaborate on the position of the cars please? I don’t understand where to park the exactly. Thank you!