Does the PS4 save data transfer over to the PS5 version?

According to a quick web search (which really anybody should do, before writing down a question) no save data transfer:

Ys VIII PS4 to PS5 save data transfer

This PS5 version will not support save transfers from the PS4 version. While I expected no upgrade given that the PS5 version is launching at a budget price with DLC included, I was hoping for a save transfer option. I replay Ys VIII very often across platforms, so it isn’t a huge deal for me, but would’ve been great to have.

Ys VIII PS4 to PS5 upgrade is not available

I was also told that there will be no upgrades for this release from the PS4 version.

Source: https://themakoreactor.com/news/ys-viii-ps5-upgrade-ps4-save-data-transfer-engins-software-developer-nis-america/39160/

Unfortunately, though, there’s no way to transfer your save between the PlayStation releases. So, you will have to start over from the very beginning.

Source: https://www.psu.com/reviews/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-ps5-review/

If you want to search further, use this as a starting point: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ys+8+ps5+save+transfer&ia=web

/edit Trophies for the PS5 version are the same as the PS4 version, so no need for a trophy thoughts post, people. ??

Edited by Geridian
More links and corrected a typo
  • Like 2

I wasn't too surprised about lack of save carryover, since the PS5 version is made by Engine Software (who also assisted PH3 Games with their PC port of Monstrum Nox) rather than Falcom. I'm sure getting this, since I wouldn't mind another playthrough. (starting on hard, then going to Nightmare for NG+)

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

15 minutes ago, Malachen said:

I mean yeah, I enjoy Ys so eventually I was gonna do them all anyways and it's probably better to start with a more inferior version. Should've done vita first

While the PS4/5 versions are superior and have more content and add quite a bit to the story, the PSV one is still an enjoyable experience. I did PS4 twice, then did PSV once and still had fun. Ys8 PS5 will be my fourth platinum of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

No need for the antagonism, having this thread here is still useful documentation for anyone looking at the list here, since it'll be right there on the sidebar where the forum posts are.

Sure, I get what you mean: Somebody else would have asked this question at some point.
But keep in mind that what I wrote has nothing to do with antagonism.
Using a search engine for a question like this is just basic. And that is all my post was all about.

7 minutes ago, viech54 said:

While the PS4/5 versions are superior and have more content and add quite a bit to the story, the PSV one is still an enjoyable experience. I did PS4 twice, then did PSV once and still had fun. Ys8 PS5 will be my fourth platinum of the game.

Looks like we have some things in common:
- You completed the Ys 8 PS4 EU stack and the Ys 8 PS4 NA. Also, you completed the Ys 8 VITA EU stack. 
- I completed the Ys 8 PS4 EU stack in 2020, finished Ys 8 PS4 NA stack today but never played one of the Ys 8 VITA stacks.

Are you really going for the platinum when you get your copy of the PS5 version, although you platinumed the VITA version in October?
- I pre-ordered a copy of the limited edition which is now on it's way from England to Germany, but since I just finished the PS4 NA stack today I do not feel like starting it when the game arrives.

- Think I will play the PS5 version when the limited edition of Ys 9 PS5 version is on it's way :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Looks like we have some things in common:

- You completed the Ys 8 PS4 EU stack and the Ys 8 PS4 NA. Also, you completed the Ys 8 VITA EU stack. 
- I completed the Ys 8 PS4 EU stack in 2020, finished Ys 8 PS4 NA stack today but never played one of the Ys 8 VITA stacks.

Are you really going for the platinum when you get your copy of the PS5 version, although you platinumed the VITA version in October?
- I pre-ordered a copy of the limited edition which is now on it's way from England to Germany, but since I just finished the PS4 NA stack today I do not feel like starting it when the game arrives.

- Think I will play the PS5 version when the limited edition of Ys 9 PS5 version is on it's way :D 

Not immediately after getting it, but I will get the plat eventually. Around the beginning of January sounds good, I have some time off of work at that time. My limited edition is on its way as well, hope it arrives soon. After the PS5 stack, I still have the NA PSV stack, the JP PSV stack, and the JP PS4 stack (still have to buy this one) to go. I don't speak Japanese, but it should be doable after getting all other stacks.

I can understand not wanting to play the same game again right after finishing it, I generally don't want to do that either and play something else instead.

Ys 9 PS5, that's supposed to be released next Spring, right? Haven't pre-ordered it, but sure, don't see why I shouldn't do it again. It's a fun game after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Ys 9 PS5, that's supposed to be released next Spring, right? Haven't pre-ordered it, but sure, don't see why I shouldn't do it again. It's a fun game after all.

Yes, Ys 9 PS5 is scheduled for a Spring 2023 release.

The Limited Edition can be pre-ordered here, if anybody is interested.

US: https://store.nisamerica.com/games/playstation/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-limited-edition-ps5

UK: https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/limited-edition/products/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-limited-edition-ps5

EU: https://eustore.nisaeurope.com/collections/pre-order/products/ys-ix-monstrum-nox-limited-edition-ps5

--> EU store shipps the articles from Hungary, instead of UK. So using the EU store is better for EU customers because of the Brexit, customs and so on.

I hope that the Ys 8 limited edition you and I pre-ordered arrive in a good condition. ?

Edited by Geridian
Text
  • Like 1