[SOLVED] Explorer trophy bug ?

Ashesheart

Hello,

In my first playthrough, i didn't open all the secret chests. I ended my first run with 60% on the trophy tracker.

On the NG+ , i opened mode than 6 secret chests ans the one i have missed on the first run.

When i opened the secret chest #10 on chapter XIII, my trophy tracker update to 70%.

I didnt get the trophy... do you have to do this in one run ??? 

EDIT : i opened again all the secret chest on my normal playthrough with "chapter select" starting by the end and it finally works.

Edited by Ashesheart
  • Like 1

Your edit helped me out!

Only managed 5 on my blind playthrough. on NG+ I got 8 (including the ones I missed), however my counter still only went to 8.

The trophy may require all the chests to be collected on a single slot, as I went back and started checking them all through chapter select in my original game, and the trophy popped eventually.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Apparently, for the tracker to update, you need to quit the game then come back. I did that and then the trophy popped (I got most of them via chapter select, BTW).

Looks like this does indeed the trick. I'm halfway the story on my first playthrough and I know I did five so far, yet my tracker showed 1/10. Quitting the game, entering it again on the level where I was did the trick to show 5.10 now. Thanks!

Edit: well, on my PS5 it looks like it got updated, the tracker on the site here doesn't show any updates. I'm guessing that'll come when I get another trophy in the game. 

Edited by svache
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I have an issue with this trophy, on my first playthrough I somehow missed one knife and I didn't get one of the chest on the second part of chapter IX. To my understanding what I could do is either open it through the chapter select which I can't do because I cannot get a knife in chapter IX as the one that is available is missing, or just open that particular chest on NG+ and it would still count, problem is it didn't pop. Do I need to open all the chests on the same save file?

In case I do, the only option I have is replay chapter VII to IX on my original save file and keep one knife by not opening one of the secret chests previous to the one I am missing, would that still count or if I go through the chapter select I still need to open all the chests?

I missed the exact same chest in the 2nd half of Chapter IX. To unlock the trophy I replayed Chapter IX from the start, got the knife from near the start (by the first secret chest, but I did not re-open that first secret chest) and then played until I got to the 2nd secret chest and opened it, which unlocked the trophy.

Are you saying that the knife near the start of Chapter IX isn't appearing for you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

I missed the exact same chest in the 2nd half of Chapter IX. To unlock the trophy I replayed Chapter IX from the start, got the knife from near the start (by the first secret chest, but I did not re-open that first secret chest) and then played until I got to the 2nd secret chest and opened it, which unlocked the trophy.

Are you saying that the knife near the start of Chapter IX isn't appearing for you?

I did not replay the chapter from the beginning and now that I think of it I got that knife before going to the mural/map thing, I will try to do it from the start of the chapter, hopefully it works.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

EDIT: It popped and I got my platinum, thanks a lot!

Edited by amv_a

• 11 months later...

Just to confirm what others have said.

All ten chests must be on the same save file.

I picked up 8 on my initial run, and then picked up the missing 2 in NG+ and the total stuck at 8. It was only when i loaded the original save file and did the other two through chapter select I got it.

• Like 2