Can't play games owned by other users

DemonicDraco

26 minutes ago, DemonicDraco said:

Downloaded miles morales off my gf' s account from playstation premium but it's locked on my account.

Playstation+ and Premium, the "free" games are DRM. Copyright protection working as intended then....

The difference is PS Plus premium games you don’t own and are there until Sony says otherwise but the essential games you own as long as you have PS Plus. I can play all essential games across all my accounts but deluxe and premium games I can’t. It was the same when it was PS Now, you could only play on the account which had Now. 

Is your gf account a separate account on your Playstation? If so go into your gf account and game and check the info about it, it is likely the expiry date is the final date of her Premium subscription. Therefore when you log into your account, the expire date is locked to her account and not yours. This is how it works on Vita as well, like even if you download the game and play offline, unless it can connect somewhere and validate your Playstation Plus subscription, it won't let you start the game. Maybe there is an exception with certain games, I dunno. But sometimes there is DRM added in games.

Big example that comes to mind is

Final Fight: Double Impact

This game on PS3 is not only locked to your account but it's also an always online game, which can be played offline but you first need to boot up the game while connected online or else you can't start the game... Even though you bought the account and you are running it in your account..... I remember the Leap Year bug when PSN was down for like a week and I couldn't play this game....

Does this issue only affect Miles Morales or is it an issue with other games on her account?

• Like 2

You can definitely play PS+ Extra and Premium games on a console, where account A has a working, paid and active PS+ Extra or Premium subscription, but you want to play the PS+ Extra and Premium games with account B which has a lower PS+ subscription or no PS+ subscription at all.

Just respect the basics:

1) Login with the PSN account you want to play the games from

2) Settings -> User and Accounts ->  Other -> Console Sharing and Offline Play -> Make sure that the buttons say Don't Disable / Disable and not Don't Enable / Enable. 

- If the buttons say Don't Disable / Disable, then the account which is currently logged in is definitely activated for Console Sharing and Offline Play.

3) (When needed: Login with the PSN account you want to play the games from ->) Settings -> User and Accounts ->  Other -> Restore Licenses -> Restore -> Wait, until finished.

4) Logout the account you logged in to set as primary or restored the licenses from.

5) Log in with the other PSN account -> PS+ Extra and/or Premium games should be available to play now for the other account.

Tested it myself (Account A has PS+ Premium subscription, Account B was just a new created local account) and I could play a PS+ Premium game with account B.

Edited by Geridian
Added step 4)