Put an icon, or a tag, for shovelware

Ashesheart

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Anyone who's even remotely into trophy hunting, will already know these "games" are shovelware shite to be avoid so another tag isn't needed IMO.

I don't like Shovelware. I understand your point but i think a "visual" information can be great. (imo)

• Like 2

If you buy a game called "The Jumping Quesadilla" without any further information than the name then the problem is you, not this site having lacking details about it. 

The site also provides details about the completion percentages on the game page and you should be able to deduce that something is awry when you see the 993/1,000 gamers who played the game earned the platinum trophy. The completion percentage is enough of a shovelware tag and while not applicable to for example visual novels, enough of a warning to at least research the game before buying.

There are more important issues that the site could put resources into.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

If you buy a game called "The Jumping Quesadilla" without any further information than the name then the problem is you, not this site having lacking details about it. 

The site also provides details about the completion percentages on the game page and you should be able to deduce that something is awry when you see the 993/1,000 gamers who played the game earned the platinum trophy. The completion percentage is enough of a shovelware tag and while not applicable to for example visual novels, enough of a warning to at least research the game before buying.

There are more important issues that the site could put resources into.

They made more Jumping games? Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks! I opened an incognito tab and it definitely poofed. And here I thought everyone could see this... xD

Let me inquire about it to Sly on Discord and see if this is intentional or not or if he would be willing to let users see this. 

For the record, you only see this AFTER clicking on the game. There's no extra tag before clicking into it.

It looks like he did this intentionally,  but it's up to him whether or not he wants to change it and share with everyone.

Maybe he doesn't want to come across as a badge of shame, but I find it useful information. 

35 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It looks like he did this intentionally,  but it's up to him whether or not he wants to change it and share with everyone.

Maybe he doesn't want to come across as a badge of shame, but I find it useful information. 

I mean, the 99% platinum rarity shown on your profile is already a badge of shame at that point, I don't think properly labeling them as shovelware will change anything.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 2