Platinum in less than 2 hours?

MrTacos98

I was looking at the leaderboards for this game and I saw the fastest achiever was 1 hour and 58 mins, about 3 and a half hours faster than 2nd place. I've played both the PS4 and PS5 versions so I know the story pretty well. Is it possible to achieve this time since there's no autopop? 

Edited by MrTacos98
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

I was looking at the leaderboards for this game and I saw the fastest achiever was 1 hour and 58 mins, about 3 and a half hours faster than 2nd place. I've played both the PS4 and PS5 versions so I know the story pretty well. Is it possible to achieve this time since there's no autopop? 

Edit:

Didn't consider delayed popping of first trophy. 

Edited by Azure Kite

1 hour ago, Azure Kite said:

Edit:

Didn't consider delayed popping of first trophy. 

I get that but why are they so far ahead of 2nd place like I mentioned? If everyone knows about this method, shouldn't 2nd, 3rd, etc. be a little closer? 

1 hour ago, Cutttah said:

I have the fastest time on Bellator by simply just prolonging popping the first trophy until I had everything ready to pop at once. Game probably took me like 5 hours but it says I completed it in 8 minutes. 

Sure but isn't it wierd that 1st place in this game is so far ahead? On Bellator, you're 1st place with 8 mins and then 2nd place is 23 mins. That's not that big of a gap. But with a popular game like TLOU, all the speedrunners should be a little closer I'd think, not a 3 and a half hour gap.

13 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

I get that but why are they so far ahead of 2nd place like I mentioned? If everyone knows about this method, shouldn't 2nd, 3rd, etc. be a little closer? 

Sure but isn't it wierd that 1st place in this game is so far ahead? On Bellator, you're 1st place with 8 mins and then 2nd place is 23 mins. That's not that big of a gap. But with a popular game like TLOU, all the speedrunners should be a little closer I'd think, not a 3 and a half hour gap.

It's still a relatively new release? 

There's no time limit on when people have to plan speedrun like this. 

This dude is likely the first one to plan it out like this. 

The fact is there's nothing shady about his times, and the fact he is so far ahead of 2nd place isn't enough grounds for suspicion. 

EDIT: Is it even possible to hack trophies or edit timestamps for PS5 games yet? 

Edited by Azure Kite

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the kind words. IDiivil was right. I've sunken over 1000 hours into the PS4 remaster and helped many others get the platinum on it (Kris and Tris x). So I have a lot of knowledge on this game. And planned it out after looking at the trophy list seeing as I know where everything was. I'm happy I'm the first to be first but I'm sure my time is easily beatable. As I can even beat it as I made a mistake that took me 30 mins to rectify.

And for Black Ops 2 and GTA IV I took my L. You won't any trickery here. Just a devoted fan of the games and trophy hunter.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Gooy.x

Edited by gooypooy
Read more of the comments.x
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

In real time, I’m still the fastest person to platinum this game in under 6 hours ;) 1st place user saved a bunch of times before the trophy popped to get that time. Someone did it for Part II as well I believe. It’s a neat little trick, but I don’t have the patience for that. 

• 4 weeks later...

What I find hard to believe is, there aren't only the trophies for collecting all comics, pendants and manuals, there are also trophies for collecting the first comic etc. How can that be delayed with saves is beyond me, as a 100% speedrun is still a few hours long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HaserPL said:

What I find hard to believe is, there aren't only the trophies for collecting all comics, pendants and manuals, there are also trophies for collecting the first comic etc. How can that be delayed with saves is beyond me, as a 100% speedrun is still a few hours long.

If this is anything like the PS3 original, you can play through most of the game without unlocking any trophies at all. Because the timer only counts the time between the first and the last trophy, not time played, this might be possible.

Definitely looks possible as there is almost no Story trophies.

What they would have done, is they have made Manual Saves before every Trophy Trigger, the final Collectible of most. But for those Collectibles where there is a Trophy for finding one of them, for example, the Comics, they would need a save before every Comic, there would try to interconnect it all together though in an efficient manner

But what they would have done, well what I Imagine anyway, is those collectible Types where they only need to leave the final collectible, they would make sure its near one of the misc trophy spots to save time.

I do it at times, but it would just take too long to plan with this so i dont see much point, but guess some do. The problem is with doing it this way, is that its just not a true time so you cant really call it a speedrun, it probably tool like 10+ hours or so of planning carefully and messing around and then obviously you started reloading saves all over the place for the trophies.

Sure the Trophy time looks quick on the leaderboard, but the realistic time is way longer, and the player knows it took them much longer so it kinda takes away any accomplishment.

But like I say, still can be nice being at the top legit and the challenge of working it all out can feel like an accomplishment in itself. 

With anything related to videogames though, the accomplishment is just an illusion and as soon as you turn the game off or leave that gaming space, it all just disappears. Thats how I see anyway, all about having fun at the end of the day ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

I already alluded to this this but I was reported for cheating the ps3 verison and my timestamps were like 10-15 minutes at "worst" apart not seconds apart 🤣

30 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I did something similar to help get fastet achiever for Bloons TD 5 but thankfully that only required a daily log in. Not planning around collectable which is way more impressive!

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I do it at times, but it would just take too long to plan with this so i dont see much point, but guess some do. The problem is with doing it this way, is that its just not a true time so you cant really call it a speedrun, it probably tool like 10+ hours or so of planning carefully and messing around and then obviously you started reloading saves all over the place for the trophies.

It is very much still a speedrun imo, speedruns have (almost) always been about using every tool at your disposal to cut down on time. It's why it's just normal to use glitches in your run, and that's the main category in the vast majority of games, rather than glitchless.

Trophy speedruns simply add a new dimension in the preparation phase and can allow for wild new creative possibilities. Saying that the time spent preparing not being shown in the final time renders the time of the run not real, is like saying that the time spent practicing renders the time of the run not real.

While for example my time of 7 hours in Mankind Divided in no way reflects the actual amount of time I spent with that game, the way I see it, it does not make the final result any less of an accomplishment.

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

It is very much still a speedrun imo, speedruns have (almost) always been about using every tool at your disposal to cut down on time. It's why it's just normal to use glitches in your run, and that's the main category in the vast majority of games, rather than glitchless.

Trophy speedruns simply add a new dimension in the preparation phase and can allow for wild new creative possibilities. Saying that the time spent preparing not being shown in the final time renders the time of the run not real, is like saying that the time spent practicing renders the time of the run not real.

While for example my time of 7 hours in Mankind Divided in no way reflects the actual amount of time I spent with that game, the way I see it, it does not make the final result any less of an accomplishment.

I see what you're saying but this is is NOT a Trophy speedrun, it cant be compared, what you failed to mention is the core of a speedrun which is that EVERY Speedrun always starts from the beginning of the game, what has been done here is NOT from the start of the game.

If a video was made off this 2 hours, it would never really be accepted anywhere, its sole purpose is that it looks good on the Leaderboards on PSNPROFILES, that is it.

A proper Trophy Speedrun for this game can be done near 5 hours, but this here is a PSNPROFILES Leaderboard Speedrun, thats all ;)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work it took planning, but we have to look at it for what it is, looks good on the leaderboards here!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I see what you're saying but this is is NOT a Trophy speedrun, it cant be compared, what you failed to mention is the core of a speedrun which is that EVERY Speedrun always starts from the beginning of the game, what has been done here is NOT from the start of the game.

If a video was made off this 2 hours, it would never really be accepted anywhere, its sole purpose is that it looks good on the Leaderboards on PSNPROFILES, that is it.

A proper Trophy Speedrun for this game can be done near 5 hours, but this here is a PSNPROFILES Leaderboard Speedrun, thats all ;)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work it took planning, but we have to look at it for what it is, looks good on the leaderboards here!

That's probably because that's not actually the case. The "beginning" of the game is whatever the mods of each leaderboard say it is, and there are multiple games on speedrun.com where runners are instructed to cut sections for one reason or another, whether that be an intro that was deemed pointless because of little gameplay, loading screens, or what have you.

You're trying to present a hard and fast rule when that isn't the case. There are exceptions, generally for good reasons, you're just presenting a disagreement on what a good reason is.

In the case of these leaderboards, the "beginning" of the game is invariably the first trophy, which is arguably less arbitrary than some cases. And you're literally posting on the site where video would be accepted as proof that a time is legit, regardless of it not being forced as a requirement. You're beginning with the assumption that these aren't speedrunning leaderboards, and using the assumption to prove itself.

• 1 month later...