The Last Chapter coming November 29

On 11/21/2022 at 4:53 AM, thedarkness91 said:

"While we will not be adding New Game+ to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, we do have more content on the way before we wrap up." 
Could mean even more DLC? Or is this the very last one? 

This quote is somewhat concerning. I don’t even trust now that this last one will be the last one.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:23 PM, alexandra-jane09 said:

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla__64

I just hope there aren't any more of the thing above to cleanse [ shudders ], Ragnarok's were surrounded by a blizzard and moved around but, at least they gave you something for it.

I think the cairns were worse.

• Like 2

Somehow Ubisoft managed to make this game literally TWICE as long as Odyssey, which was already a bloated open world experience. Far too many tacked on side quests, pointless activities, and a bunch of micro transactions that accumulated to roughly $200. 

Not sure what the point of Assassin’s Creed even is anymore. Mythical monsters? Fantasy like settings? Ubisoft tried so hard to be like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that they took that formula instead of the classic assassin format. Excuse me, Assassin’s Creed Mirage is supposed to bring that back, meanwhile we got Codename Red which takes place in Feudal Japan. 

Ugh. Don’t even know if I’ll bother with this anytime soon. If this DLC is the final one, you completionists can pat yourselves on the backs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I just installed the PS4 version patch, no new trophies.

6 hours ago, Elegy said:

I just finished all the current trophy content in Valhalla and it honestly might be the most bland game I've ever played.  It doesn't have the right to be over 200 hours with how shallow it is.  The loot system and gear in general is a complete catastrophe.  Everything feels like a complete waste of time because you know that you'll never get any powerful items or anything useful at the end of it.  You can go through the entire game from start to finish with the starter gear and not really notice much of a difference.  The story is miserable and despite being the longest main campaign in any AC game.. it somehow does not even have an ending.  Supposedly they are patching it into the game with this final update.. 2 years later.

The asinine length combined with the bland, repetitive and pointless content has me coining this game "the mugen souls of open world WRPG games".  It was so bland, bloated and boring that I don't know if I can ever play another Ubisoft game.

I had a chance to buy the Complete Edition for $59.99 but I decided to skip it. 

Took me roughly 110 to 115 hours to finish Odyssey to 100% trophies. That includes doing a lot of unnecessary side content. Apart from doing those underwater objectives you didn’t have to do a lot of stuff. Now they expect me to gain every single collectible, and how Ubisoft designed them they are overly time consuming. 

I love Vikings, I really do, but holy Christ Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this one. A shame too, because the opening segment of Valhalla I still think is awesome. Then again so was Odyssey, then 40 - 50 hours later you realize you’re subject to a very boring, monotonous experience. 

They even brought back those ‘agents’ from Odyssey, only there’s far more of them. Even more so with the DLC. 

They’re so far away from Desmond Miles and Co it’s not even funny.

7 hours ago, Elegy said:

I just finished all the current trophy content in Valhalla and it honestly might be the most bland game I've ever played.  It doesn't have the right to be over 200 hours with how shallow it is.  The loot system and gear in general is a complete catastrophe.  Everything feels like a complete waste of time because you know that you'll never get any powerful items or anything useful at the end of it.  You can go through the entire game from start to finish with the starter gear and not really notice much of a difference.  The story is miserable and despite being the longest main campaign in any AC game.. it somehow does not even have an ending.  Supposedly they are patching it into the game with this final update.. 2 years later.

The asinine length combined with the bland, repetitive and pointless content has me coining this game "the mugen souls of open world WRPG games".  It was so bland, bloated and boring that I don't know if I can ever play another Ubisoft game.

I am so with you there. It is so ridiculously bland and just feels like it was stuffed with Content™️ for Content™️'s sake. And being so long makes the game super easy because of the power creep that comes with a steady supply of ridiculously power weapons. It's also not even balanced outside of that as it's way too easy to find a broken attack combo to repeat endlessly. I just have a million complaints with this game.

Aimless story, generic open world, abysmal side missions, and the worst protagonist in the series make Valhalla one bad experiment. Conceptually, I think it is cool to support an RPG like this for a few years, but Ubisoft could not have picked a more bland game to pump full of content for two years. 

For context, I liked Origins quite a lot and think Odyssey is decent (even though it is still bloated).

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

For context, I liked Origins quite a lot and think Odyssey is decent (even though it is still bloated).

Origins made sense because we're supposed to discover and learn about the origin of the Assassin faction. Bayek made sense from a personal perspective because he had lost his young son, and undergoes a quest to find the people responsible.

It was 75 hours for me plus the DLC. Ubisoft clearly took notes from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt because the map was definitely inspired from that game. You had entire areas that were blank because they were just one big desert. There was a nice change of scenery in Egypt, and you encounter Romans in the northern areas of the map which made things interesting. Origins never overstayed its welcome, it was just the right length and pace.

Odyssey, in contrast, was just far too big. If Ubisoft planned to go the route of mythical monsters, then they failed because for every Cyclops and Minotaur, you had to find at least a couple hundred generic bad guys before you even had a chance to tackle the big monsters. The game also torn open the Assassin plot, as so much didn't make sense. I already lost the storyline in the first and second story DLCs. Didn't help that Layla was a narcissistic bitch throughout most of the journey. 

Valhalla is basically Odyssey 2.0, only you're playing in England, Ireland and France. Which means overcast weather, and tons of it. Egypt and Ancient Greece at least had more tropical, arid climates which don't speak close to home.

Trophies or not l'll still be playing it to see how everything wraps up. Aside from the platinum journey which did feel bloated, I thought valhalla was pretty good although its the weakest between origins and odyssey mainly due to the rather weak story with bad pacing. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

That was really not incredible gameplay-wise and pretty quick, kind of a weak ending. The game was really good in many aspects, but with a lot of average filler-content, as usual with Ubi.

100%'d everything, all maps clear, quest log empty. 245h in total. Goodbye Valhalla, it's been good but I'm relieved to be done with you ?

• Like 1

On 2022-11-28 at 9:21 AM, Kolm said:

Does this affect trophies in any way?
Or does it gives some very good weapons that are better than you could get without seasonal? Although those weapons would become available for purchase in the store, it's not clear if you'll be able to buy them with normal currency or that currency that you have to buy with real money.

They're 100% optional and all the stuff they gave was terrible unless you wanted cosmetic armor. All the gear is available at some vendor in some town too, it just removes some boring quests where you bare-knuckle box or shoot targets with arrows.

Finished it early today. I was let down, so basic. Does lead into AC:Mirage though, but since that game was supposed to be Valhalla DLC, it's not really surprising.

Edited by Caesar Clown
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, iNiko33 said:

That was really not incredible gameplay-wise and pretty quick, kind of a weak ending. The game was really good in many aspects, but with a lot of average filler-content, as usual with Ubi.

100%'d everything, all maps clear, quest log empty. 245h in total. Goodbye Valhalla, it's been good but I'm relieved to be done with you 1f605.png

The mission

Spoiler

"The Raven and the Cuckoo" was OK. Like a very short demo/tutorial for the upcoming game. "Forced" stealth, blending, assassination. (back to the basics?)

Edited by SiC
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Origins made sense because we're supposed to discover and learn about the origin of the Assassin faction. Bayek made sense from a personal perspective because he had lost his young son, and undergoes a quest to find the people responsible.

It was 75 hours for me plus the DLC. Ubisoft clearly took notes from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt because the map was definitely inspired from that game. You had entire areas that were blank because they were just one big desert. There was a nice change of scenery in Egypt, and you encounter Romans in the northern areas of the map which made things interesting. Origins never overstayed its welcome, it was just the right length and pace.

Odyssey, in contrast, was just far too big. If Ubisoft planned to go the route of mythical monsters, then they failed because for every Cyclops and Minotaur, you had to find at least a couple hundred generic bad guys before you even had a chance to tackle the big monsters. The game also torn open the Assassin plot, as so much didn't make sense. I already lost the storyline in the first and second story DLCs. Didn't help that Layla was a narcissistic bitch throughout most of the journey. 

Valhalla is basically Odyssey 2.0, only you're playing in England, Ireland and France. Which means overcast weather, and tons of it. Egypt and Ancient Greece at least had more tropical, arid climates which don't speak close to home.

Origins' setting is a big part of why I loved it. Like you said, it had so many different types of areas and that, combined with how we don't see many open-world games in the MENA area, made it all feel so fresh. 

I also do think Odyssey was too big. I didn't mind the turn to the myth stuff on principle and actually liked the core story quite a bit, but it all got a bit up its own ass with all the extra stuff outside of the story campaign. 

Sorry to keep repeating what you said, but I mostly agree with it all. Valhalla just took the worst parts of Odyssey and made them even worse and more boring. A true shame.

While it is promising to see Mirage stepping back, I don't think Ubisoft will learn the right lessons from Valhalla since it reached so many players and made over a billion dollars.

I’m at 100% too, but too weary that a trophy list will summon out of nowhere. I’ll keep a cloud save just in case.  Like others, really want to remove this approx 100 GB back :)  

I actually liked this game overall. The pacing and story was weak at times, but it looked beautiful on the PS5 and the DLC content, especially The Forbidden Saga, made it an entertaining experience. 

Im an outlier in saying this, but AC branching out to massive open world RPG sandboxes appealed a lot to me. I can’t wait to take on Odyssey and Origin next year. 

I earned the plat in AC 2 last month and close to getting the plat in AC Brotherhood (100% sync can F itself). Albeit, they are classics and I thoroughly enjoy the stealth parkour, well-written storylines; I think I would’ve been bored of the same formula throughout entire franchise.  Just my two cents. I respect what people like @AJ_Radio say about Ubisoft, but I’ll continue to support them because they do make some great titles (Far Cry and Watchdogs (RIP). The corporate greed is real, but that’s why I patiently wait for sales because they do steeply discount and relatively quickly after release. I’ll continue to eat the fast food ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

They're 100% optional and all the stuff they gave was terrible unless you wanted cosmetic armor. All the gear is available at some vendor in some town too, it just removes some boring quests where you bare-knuckle box or shoot targets with arrows.

Finished it early today. I was let down, so basic. Does lead into AC:Mirage though, but since that game was supposed to be Valhalla DLC, it's not really surprising.

I’m convinced Mirage is actually the modern Prince of Persia. I’ve heard no word on the remake, makes sense because an old game from 20 years ago isn’t going to bring many sales. 

Valhalla broke records in sales, far more than Ghost of Tsushima did. 

59 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Origins' setting is a big part of why I loved it. Like you said, it had so many different types of areas and that, combined with how we don't see many open-world games in the MENA area, made it all feel so fresh. 

I also do think Odyssey was too big. I didn't mind the turn to the myth stuff on principle and actually liked the core story quite a bit, but it all got a bit up its own ass with all the extra stuff outside of the story campaign. 

Sorry to keep repeating what you said, but I mostly agree with it all. Valhalla just took the worst parts of Odyssey and made them even worse and more boring. A true shame.

While it is promising to see Mirage stepping back, I don't think Ubisoft will learn the right lessons from Valhalla since it reached so many players and made over a billion dollars.

Valhalla looks great graphically. I don’t know if the male or female Eivor is canon to the story. Male Eivor reminds me a lot of Edward Kenway, who is fitting because England is sort of his home, though technically he came from Wales. 

There was one attack you could spam in Odyssey which made you overpowered. The skill tree in Valhalla is hilariously stupid, because you don’t even know what’s available until you’ve unlocked more abilities. 

I imagine like with other AC games, you can don Ezio Auditore, Edward Kenway, Jacob Frye, Bayek and other outfits provided you linked your account to Ubisoft and have played the respective games. 

I truly believe the real audience is 10 - 25 year old kids who weren’t exposed to past games. Me being 34, and having played Assassin’s Creed 2 near launch, I’m close to tapping out on this series. 

The DLC for Valhalla doesn’t drop until next week, so I wouldn’t count out additional trophies just yet. 

46 minutes ago, kkulifay said:

I’m at 100% too, but too weary that a trophy list will summon out of nowhere. I’ll keep a cloud save just in case.  Like others, really want to remove this approx 100 GB back :)  

I actually liked this game overall. The pacing and story was weak at times, but it looked beautiful on the PS5 and the DLC content, especially The Forbidden Saga, made it an entertaining experience. 

Im an outlier in saying this, but AC branching out to massive open world RPG sandboxes appealed a lot to me. I can’t wait to take on Odyssey and Origin next year. 

I earned the plat in AC 2 last month and close to getting the plat in AC Brotherhood (100% sync can F itself). Albeit, they are classics and I thoroughly enjoy the stealth parkour, well-written storylines; I think I would’ve been bored of the same formula throughout entire franchise.  Just my two cents. I respect what people like @AJ_Radio say about Ubisoft, but I’ll continue to support them because they do make some great titles (Far Cry and Watchdogs (RIP). The corporate greed is real, but that’s why I patiently wait for sales because they do steeply discount and relatively quickly after release. I’ll continue to eat the fast food ;)

Origins is decent. Odyssey, not so much. 

Brotherhood is annoying due to 100% sync, unfortunately you have to restart mission if you fail. In the final Da Vinci mission, you have to kill a bunch of cult members, and then go thru no less than three to four puzzles, all of which have parkour. If you take damage at any point you fail the optional objective, which means starting the entire mission over from the beginning. 

Far Cry and Watch Dogs are even worse. Legion I hear is just a boring, bloated experience. 

Ubisoft is fast food, but they didn’t have to make it as such.

• Like 1

Just bought the Complete edition with all DLCs for 40$ on the ps store (KR), I really hope the story is over either right now or at least within few days. I don't wanna get another DLC/epilogue in 3 months after I completely lost track of what's going on in the game. Waiting 2 years to play a game I would have bought 70$ day 1 if they had not planned 2 years of extra content .... I am worried The Callisto Protocol is gonna be the same : /

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Thanks for elaborating! :) 

• Like 1

I just finished the last free update DLC and it's extremely dissapointing and shitty. Just a couple of quest with dialogues and nothing else. Nothing really worthy, no surprise why it's free and released 1 week before date.

I also did the "Mirage quest". Same... just one quest, and nothing special at all. At least the "Odyssey quest" was a whole questline and a new land... What a lazy ending.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 4