The Last Chapter coming November 29

19 hours ago, Ecthelion91 said:

I used to love the Assassin's Creed games but this was the last Ubisoft game I will ever play. I have no patience left for bloated, meaningless open-world activities. It was pretty ironic that The Last Chapter involves basically synchronizing a few locations on the map. 

Yeah I feel the same. I respect Ubi for the dozens of awesome games they released throughout the years, but now it's too big and repetitive. That's a shame because they look beautiful, the gameplay is good, but it quickly feels bland. I loved this last AC trilogy, really, but I think I'm done too, unless they chose to make smaller games with a heart again (Child of Light for exemple was awesome and in the total opposite direction of their big IPs). We'll see what they do next, may they listen to reason!

They should do more new IPs like Immortals Fenyx Rising and stop circling with the same game mechanics that they put in all their redundant games.

Passed on the last Farcry and Watch Dogs games despite I used to love these IPs a lot, maybe I'll stay off AC next :(

• 3 weeks later...

Free at last and so is my storage space - was able to install 5 games by deleting both versions of Valhalla...

As a once massive fan of the series, this is by far and away my least favourite "Assassin's Creed" and I use quote marks because Valhalla has nothing to do with assassins or their creed. I was skipping dialogue from Dawn of Ragnarok onwards as I just didn't care about what was going on anymore, especially because the Isu bear no resemblance to how they were established in the old games.

Still, I played The Last Chapter just to see Eivor off and it was about as lazy as I expected. Eivor defiantly refusing to join the assassins even years later is just insulting. What was the point of her journey?

If you had asked me after the Siege of Paris DLC or even the tombs update how I feel about this game I  would have said it's OK despite its issues, but after several awkward mastery challenges, a boring cash grab expansion and a well designed but out of place rogue-lite mode I now say this is just an outright bad entry in the series. I can understand how someone who has never played AC could like this just as a viking simulator but I don't understand how any fan of the old games could. It's a complete betrayal to what Patrice Desilets and Jade Raymond built many years ago.

Usually, I'd say it's better to wait until all DLCs are out so that I can get the 100% in one go and avoid any game-breaking bugs but upon completing some of the later DLCs I wish I hadn't played them in bulk as I found that I can only really tolerate this game in small doses now lol

I'm not looking forward to Mirage because not only is it connected to Valhalla but Ubisoft has undermined the assassins so much now that the Brotherhood no longer feels special. ?

• Like 1