Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed

Updated the OP with the official trailer and changed the title of the thread.

This game looks fucking amazing, it is a day one purchase for sure. 

Parker

Yeah. When it's Rocksteady's Batman game. it's gonna be 1 hell of a blast playing this.

Edited by NightWing

Hmm, looks like it'll be pretty good - especially considering Rocksteady are back at the helm. In my opinion, Arkham Asylum was by far the best game in the series (Arkham City was decent, but not great) so it'll be interesting to see if they'll manage to top it.  

• Like 1

Any reason why the "arkham" name has to be attached to these games? Don't get me wrong i loved the first two but Batman has a lot of things going on in his own universe to choose from.

Brand recognition and keeping the title consistent mostly, so even if it isn't necessarily taking place in Arkham it still has ties to it, also it's a trilogy. I get you though, I'm not too fond of them slapping Arkham on it either, but who knows, it'll probably be revisited or resurrected in the story some how.

I'm hoping since this one is supposed to be the conclusion they won't continue milking the games afterwards (I'm talking WB and other game studios, not Rocksteady), but I highly doubt it.

Edited by TheIncinerator1

I agree with you, Arkham Origins had the best story of all the Arkham games. I also thought the boss fights were much better in Origins than the previous games. Only problem I had with Origins was some of the technical issues and the mp but I thought the single player was awesome!

I love this series, and its easily one of my favorite franchises in recent memory but i ultimately chose to skip out on Origins for a number of reasons - i dislike prequels, it was an unnecessary game (that only exists because WB studios needed a cash-cow and Arkham Knight needed more development time) and the reviews, while generally positive where also somewhat off-putting. Basically, the same reasons why i skipped out on God of War: Ascension and that's another series i absolutely adore. That being said, if either Arkham Origins or Ascension were to make their way to PlayStation Plus i would be delighted.

Not that it needs to be stated, but i am very excited for Arkham Knight and these guys do a great job with their trailers.

• Like 1

Confirmed by Rocksteady to be a singleplayer only game. 

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batman_arkham_knight/news/batman_arkham_knight_won_t_have_a_multiplayer_mode.html

Parker

You have no idea how happy this makes me. I would pre-order immediately but I first need a PS4.

• Like 1

I had a glitch with one of the collectibles in Origins so I'm hoping this whole game runs smoothly for me. Hated MP in Origins too some I'm hoping they don't do that again.

Edit - Just noticed Parker's link, so happy there isn't going to be an MP :lol:

Edited by spazza136
  • Like 1

I love the idea of another batman game since I still watch the movies, cartoons, cartoonmovies, ...

However I'm rather sceptical to this game.

I'm sure they will introduce a game that will interest me as much as the latest Justice League movie, but this yearly release worries me.

Do we really want another battle against the penguin, two face, harlequin, the riddler, ...?

When I noticed you would drive around in your batmobile, I felt like the current formula doesn't suffice enough.

I like the innovation, like I do with all games but something like this can really ruin the vibe.

I would prefer a batman beyond game with the same succesformula with new villains and new plots.

Any reason why the "arkham" name has to be attached to these games? Don't get me wrong i loved the first two but Batman has a lot of things going on in his own universe to choose from.

Apparently the title Arkham Knight isn't referring to Batman...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-what-does-the-name-mean.aspx

Parker

Looks like Two-Face and Penguin are working together in this one. I hope Two-Face gets a bigger role this time around since he's one of my favorite Batman villains. I also see the Riddler has been busy too. Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to his challenges.