South Park: The Stick of Truth General Discussion

Having played it for an hour or so, the game is pretty damn fun. The combat system is actually quite fun and the different enemies are hilarious. The art style is exactly like the show and it really does feel like you're playing a continuation of the Black Friday episodes. I probably won't be able to play more until my son takes a nap but it definitely ahsn't disappointed me so far. 

Parker

I finished my first playthrough of the game today (final time was about 10 and a half hours) and I absolutely loved the game. It stayed true to South Park the whole way through and I never found myself getting bored with anything. I'm currently finishing up side quests and whatnot on my first save but I'll start my second playthrough in the next few days. It was easily worth every penny. 

Parker

• Like 1

Nearly at the end and I'm very happy with my purchase, love this game and I love south park (need to watch it more though!). If you're a fan or a casual fan you will love the game, very light hearted and lots of funny moments too. The length is a little worry but still long enough to get a lot of out of the game. I recommend it highly.

Released in the UK today, so ill be grabbing a copy on my way home I think... haven't wayched the show in some time, but still remember it fondly, tuned out about season 9 (ish)

Anyone know if not seeing the show since then will hinder my enjoyment of it? Like, are there a lot of references I wont get or that wont make sense?

Released in the UK today, so ill be grabbing a copy on my way home I think... haven't wayched the show in some time, but still remember it fondly, tuned out about season 9 (ish)

Anyone know if not seeing the show since then will hinder my enjoyment of it? Like, are there a lot of references I wont get or that wont make sense?

Not really - though I would recommend watching the Black Friday Trilogy beforehand - it leads into The Stick of Truth.

Not really - though I would recommend watching the Black Friday Trilogy beforehand - it leads into The Stick of Truth.

Thanks for the tip!

I've always liked South Park, but never really watched the show on a regular basis...

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you guys like the game and that it gets really good reviews... I'll definitely buy it sometime in the future!

Just got my :platinum: 

Loved every minute of it.  It really does feel like you're just playing an episode of the Show.  I played for 13 hours straight when I picked it up on release day  Lol.

I have a question about the "full arsenal" and "More popular than John Lennon" trophies.

Full arsenal requires a staff that is obtained by killing a character that you need to befriend for the John Lennon trophy by not killing him... How does that work in a single play through?

I have a question about the "full arsenal" and "More popular than John Lennon" trophies.

Full arsenal requires a staff that is obtained by killing a character that you need to befriend for the John Lennon trophy by not killing him... How does that work in a single play through?

? you don't get a staff when killing the bishop?

Press Start to make the battle advance

That didn't work, but I found it on another site, you have to have butters in your party so if the screen goes black, shrink back into a gnome, hold down on the left thumbstick and leave the arena the way you came in. Change your buddy to Butters, and go down a couple of levels and then climb all the way back up the tree house and it will work.

• 4 weeks later...

So, anyone getting the Super Samurai Spaceman pack? Including only three new costumes and nothing else so I'm not. Also it costs 1.99 $ in US Store while it's worth almost 5 $ here in EU Store. Hehe, well that's not the reason, the content (or the lack of it) is.

• 2 weeks later...