Game's Length

Nima021King

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Price point ain't really a big deal to me personally as long as it's a good game.

This also falls in line with what you'd typically get for linear style games 

Exactly this. i mean i buy basically everything but still, i ordered this and Gungrave GORE expected neither to blow me away, or be overly long, but rather a modern throwback to the ps3 era games like Shadows of the Damned and whatnot 

Excited for it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Exactly this. i mean i buy basically everything but still, i ordered this and Gungrave GORE expected neither to blow me away, or be overly long, but rather a modern throwback to the ps3 era games like Shadows of the Damned and whatnot 

Excited for it. 

That's what i thought when I first seen em although I'm not sure about gungrave gore as it seems a little too old-school almost like they didn't even try to modernize it. Hopefully it turns out good though as you said these are action games from a bygone era. 

• Like 3

It’s from Flying Wild Hog same guys that made the Shadow Warrior games, their campaigns are usually around 6-8 hours but they usually add a fairly decent amount of replay/grind value, I wouldn’t be surprised if evil difficulty will take a fair amount of levelling and it probably won’t even be the hardest difficulty available. Ill probably be wrong though ? I’m just glad they didn’t cop out with the difficulty trophies like Shadow Warrior 3 did..

• Like 2

so 60/8 is $7.5 per hour (less if you buy physical and then sell used once finished, yay physical!)

do the people who say this isnt worth the money also get mad when a movie is 2 hours long and the ticket is $15?

i agree with the other guy. id rather have a super fun tight 10 hour experience than a bloated 200 hour slog in whatever bloated open world game.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Price point ain't really a big deal to me personally as long as it's a good game. Would much rather 10-20 hours of enjoyable content than a padded 200 hours slog. This also falls in line with what you'd typically get for linear style games such as this so it ain't too bad in my opinion.

Amen

4 hours ago, Unstopable4lifee said:

That's good to hear. And considering they are going old school with it I feel like it is money well spent. Also, is there Free-Roam / Level Select after the story or during? And does it have the new game plus option?

You can replay previous mission 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nima021King said:

Finished the game in 8 hours on Normal difficulty while collecting most of the coins/chests/collectibles. Can't say much because of the embargo but I don't think the game worth 60$, 30$ should be max.

Reveal hidden contents

1849088c0ea11-screenshot-Url.jpg

If you can't recommend the game simply because of the time it took for you to finish it one time, maybe you shouldn't be getting games handed to you early...

If you think it's only worth $30 because it just doesn't play well or doesn't do anything cool, that's a different story, and I guess you can't say because of embargoes.

For me, if I'm going to play a game at least twice (normal for collectibles, hard for the trophy) I don't want it to be 20 hours long anyway. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Appreciate it! Had planned to Day 1 buy, but I like a certain amount of $ per HR... and this falls short. Will wait for a sale, even though the game looks super good / fun.

Same here. I expect a game to last at least as long as how much I paid for it, if not longer but if it lasts less, I'll just wait for either a deep sale or a reasonably priced second-hand copy to appear.

It's not about length, it's about quality. 

I'm with others here; I'd rather have a shorter but quality game than these bloated games that just eat up your time doing boring, uninspired, open-world crap that's just there for the sole purpose of padding the length which too many games are guilty of these days. Although I like those kinds of games as well, just not all the time. There's a place for these shorter experiences too. 

I hope it's good but even if it's bad, at least it's short. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Price point ain't really a big deal to me personally as long as it's a good game. Would much rather 10-20 hours of enjoyable content than a padded 200 hours slog. This also falls in line with what you'd typically get for linear style games such as this so it ain't too bad in my opinion.

5 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

so 60/8 is $7.5 per hour (less if you buy physical and then sell used once finished, yay physical!)

do the people who say this isnt worth the money also get mad when a movie is 2 hours long and the ticket is $15?

i agree with the other guy. id rather have a super fun tight 10 hour experience than a bloated 200 hour slog in whatever bloated open world game.

3 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

It's not about length, it's about quality. 

I'm with others here; I'd rather have a shorter but quality game than these bloated games that just eat up your time doing boring, uninspired, open-world crap that's just there for the sole purpose of padding the length which too many games are guilty of these days. Although I like those kinds of games as well, just not all the time. There's a place for these shorter experiences too. 

I hope it's good but even if it's bad, at least it's short. 

You guys got me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't worth 60$ simply because of the length, like I said I can't talk much but the game's quality is simply unacceptable in every aspect. You'll see what I'm talking about when the reviews come out

9 hours ago, Unstopable4lifee said:

That's good to hear. And considering they are going old school with it I feel like it is money well spent. Also, is there Free-Roam / Level Select after the story or during? And does it have the new game plus option?

There's not Free-Roam. You can only explore each level in a strict way and you can't even backtrack at some points. You'll be able to repeat the missions, and yes there's NG+ as you can see at the bottom right of the screenshot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Same here. I expect a game to last at least as long as how much I paid for it, if not longer but if it lasts less, I'll just wait for either a deep sale or a reasonably priced second-hand copy to appear.

I'm not that critical, I'll spend 60$ on a 25hr(ish) game. As someone said above, quality over quantity standards do factor in. But 60$ for 8-10hrs is a bit much to ask imo, I could grab multiple indie titles for that price and get far more mileage. But everyone has their own value on $ per HR, no wrong way to go about it.

• Like 2

On 19/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Nima021King said:

Finished the game in 8 hours on Normal difficulty while collecting most of the coins/chests/collectibles. Can't say much because of the embargo but I don't think the game worth 60$, 30$ should be max.

Reveal hidden contents

1849088c0ea11-screenshot-Url.jpg

Does this game have PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Can you transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version?

38 minutes ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

Finished the Game in 15 hours on evil difficulty.

I Speedruned on normal in 5 hours.

Some trophies are sadly glitched like always 

How difficult was evil difficulty? So are there unobtainable Trophies then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Does this game have PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Can you transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version?

How difficult was evil difficulty? So are there unobtainable Trophies then?

Not that hard. Only the last 3 levels and the first phase of the last boss take some practice. Yes the ps4 Version have a free ps5 Upgrade and for the save transfer you need to ask a ps5 version owner.

Pew Pew Die
Kill at least 30 enemies with each electrically-augmented firearm. i tried everything but the trophy won't unlock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PoundofLife89-_- said:

Not that hard. Only the last 3 levels and the first phase of the last boss take some practice. Yes the ps4 Version have a free ps5 Upgrade and for the save transfer you need to ask a ps5 version owner.

Pew Pew Die
Kill at least 30 enemies with each electrically-augmented firearm. i tried everything but the trophy won't unlock.

Is there a  day one patch coming? Hopefully it fixes these 

10 hours ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/evil-west - 77 metascore w/ 9 reviews

Maybe there are some lower scores coming out later, but I'd hardly consider that "simply unacceptable in every respect".

That comment had me a little worried as well but 75 on metacritic is what I was expecting for a game like this. Nothing amazing just a pure action game where many aspects other than gameplay takes a backseat. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk