Auto Axe trophy - extremely missable ?! -- Answer it's not, but better work on it now to avoid a grind later

Gewehr_FR

Hello guys,

I 100%'d the game some time ago, yes it was kind of a grind, especially settlers rep, but as a Fallout fan I didn't mind that much. Hell I enjoyed the game for what it was.

Anyways, today as i looked through my trophy list I noticed fo76 was only at 96%. I knew about the pitt update but I moved on from the game after over 500 hours, I didn't even know it had its own trophies.

I check the trophies, they don't seem too bad at first glance, no grinding, getting 100 kills with a specific weapon... completing the 2 main missions, no need to swap character or anything, heard stamps can be a grind but it's not like there's any trophy that requires you to complete 50 expeditions or something.

Except I just looked up the trophy guide and I learn that the auto axe is exclusive to the current scoreboard! As a scoreboard item it's also non-tradable! We're the 19/11 as i write this post and the scoreboard will change on the 6th of december! After that date, correct me if I'm wrong (and delete the thread while you're at it), the weapon and thus the trophy become unobtainable.

Thankfully it's only level 15 required on the scoreboard, but still it's time to panic if you care (understatement for OCD) about 100% on your games.

Edited by Gewehr_FR
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, megacoolermensch said:

some npc will sell auto axe plans later so its not missable

Is that a guess or was it confirmed?

If confirmed I suppose it will be sold for gold bullions or rather the new currency, stamps...

I plan in reaching the scoreboard lvl now that I know about the trophy, but I guess the topic might be useful info for others.

Edited by Gewehr_FR

10 hours ago, Gewehr_FR said:

If confirmed I suppose it will be sold for gold bullions or rather the new currency, stamps...

I plan in reaching the scoreboard lvl now that I know about the trophy, but I guess the topic might be useful info for others.

yes it's confirmed. i read fallout 76 forums and saw it there many times

• Like 1

10 hours ago, megacoolermensch said:

some npc will sell auto axe plans later so its not missable

This would align with how they have done things previously. I'd still recommend that people jump onto it right now, as there is enough time, but I am sure they will add the auto axe into a vendor at some point... god knows for what price though.

10 hours ago, Gewehr_FR said:

Bethesda said the plans for the Auto Axe will be sold at the vendor in the Whitespring Refuge after the season’s scoreboard finishes. The vendor is located at the old Nuka-Cola bar and only trades using stamps. 

So yeah, it’s probably easier to get it now as stamps are a chore. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Bethesda said the plans for the Auto Axe will be sold at the vendor in the Whitespring Refuge after the season’s scoreboard finishes. The vendor is located at the old Nuka-Cola bar and only trades using stamps. 

So yeah, it’s probably easier to get it now as stamps are a chore. 

Yep, the auto axe mods alone cost about 85 stamps each. I can only imagine how many stamps the actual axe plans would cost once the season ends and I don't fancy grinding expeditions for them.

It's very easy to hit rank 15 since most of the daily and weekly challenges are stuff you naturally do anyway if you're actively playing the game.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. So it's confirmed it's not missable, because the auto-axe will be sold for stamps post 6th december.

I've completed my first expedition and given the 10 stamps rewards per expedition (if you're hosting), I can confirm collecting enough stamps to buy the weapon is likely be somewhat grindy. It won't be an issue for me as I will easily reach lvl 15 scoreboard by the end of this week but could be for future players.

Besides I gotta say the expedition I've completed was rather disappointing. It's really nothing more than a longer daily op.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

I just had a thought… I know the Auto Axe plan unable to be traded but what if someone with the plan builds the weapon and trades it (or drops it as loot)? That could be an easier way for new players to get the trophy, via a boosting partner. 

Weapon can't be traded or dropped. If dropped it will destroy itself.

• Like 1

I'm very late to the party (did this back in September), but I really dislike the approach they took for unlocking the dlc's centerpiece weapon!

Good for you, Bethesda! - you wore me down so much, I actually paid to skip your BS grind! It wasn’t even a substantial grind, I was just so sick of it all by that point.

Edited by Bratinov

I'm somewhat floored with how hard it is to get the Auto-Axe now. When I wrote the guide I figured "well it's level 15, all it's mods cost only 85 stamps, should probably be like 100-200". The fact it's 1000. You have to put some serious grind into it, especially since you're relying on RNG to get you there. Since even in a perfect scenario you're still looking at 13 days of continual play if you complete 10 runs of the Pitt per day earning 8 stamps per run.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:21 AM, silnev said:

I'm somewhat floored with how hard it is to get the Auto-Axe now. When I wrote the guide I figured "well it's level 15, all it's mods cost only 85 stamps, should probably be like 100-200". The fact it's 1000. You have to put some serious grind into it, especially since you're relying on RNG to get you there. Since even in a perfect scenario you're still looking at 13 days of continual play if you complete 10 runs of the Pitt per day earning 8 stamps per run.

As someone who had over 2600 hours into the game I would more then agree that this -1000 stamps is just way to much

Oh my... 1000 stamps. I didn't expect that much. That's at least 150 expeditions considering you can only host 1 daily and the expeditions you join will give you 8 stamps max, that is if you complete the bonus objectives every time.

On the positive side, the latest update, Nuka World, didn't add any trophy so we can be pretty sure these trophies are the last ones.

Good luck guys.

Yes 1000 is insane. I started back up when the Nuka World season started and I've been playing almost every day and still only have about 400 stamps. Part of the problem is almost no one is doing explorations anymore. I often times have to hop a dozen servers before I find an exploration going on that I don't start and rarely get people to join the ones I start. As a result I've switched to doing the 2nd exploration with the radiation since its the easiest to solo and get max stamps since all you have to do is find stuff and rush to get the first person after exiting back into the open area. Wouldn't be as bad too if it didn't look like they nerfed recipe drops from the explorations or maybe you could earn the recipes via the season board in the previous season.

So for me its about 30 minutes a run and even at 10 stamps each run that's 3000 or 50 hours just to get the axe plan. It makes farming gold bullion seem like a walk in the part.

Way too much time. I would almost hate to see it nerfed after working so hard to get it once I get 1000 stamps lol.

Edited by Nutrageous69

On 1/25/2023 at 0:42 PM, Nutrageous69 said:

Yes 1000 is insane. I started back up when the Nuka World season started and I've been playing almost every day and still only have about 400 stamps. Part of the problem is almost no one is doing explorations anymore. I often times have to hop a dozen servers before I find an exploration going on that I don't start and rarely get people to join the ones I start. As a result I've switched to doing the 2nd exploration with the radiation since its the easiest to solo and get max stamps since all you have to do is find stuff and rush to get the first person after exiting back into the open area. Wouldn't be as bad too if it didn't look like they nerfed recipe drops from the explorations or maybe you could earn the recipes via the season board in the previous season.

So for me its about 30 minutes a run and even at 10 stamps each run that's 3000 or 50 hours just to get the axe plan. It makes farming gold bullion seem like a walk in the part.

Way too much time. I would almost hate to see it nerfed after working so hard to get it once I get 1000 stamps lol.

Definitely need to find a good team. You can get that time down way more should only take 10 to 20 minutes.

Edited by Redninja-222

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: yeah, I need to read properly. As stated above this item can't be dropped.

Eh, I'm still far from reaching this point on my playthrough, but I wonder if it's possible to borrow this auto-axe from someone? Getting the kills seems easy and quick enough once you've got the weapon

Edited by depresso-cat
Doh

On 06/02/2023 at 2:09 AM, depresso-cat said:

Edit: yeah, I need to read properly. As stated above this item can't be dropped.

Eh, I'm still far from reaching this point on my playthrough, but I wonder if it's possible to borrow this auto-axe from someone? Getting the kills seems easy and quick enough once you've got the weapon

Nope. The auto-axe cannot be traded in any way, shape or form, therefore you have to grind your ass off for hours on end until you can buy your own :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The new scoreboard is up but there appears to be even less stamps on it than last time, especially if you don't have Fallout 1st :(. By my estimates, there are 15 stamps available for non-1st owners but approx 25 stamps available if you do have 1st. I'm not looking forward to when the time comes for me to focus solely on Stamp Farming, because it's going to be painfully slow :(. At least there are some Pitt related S.C.O.R.E challenges this time so the monotony will be alleviated a bit.

55 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The new scoreboard is up but there appears to be even less stamps on it than last time, especially if you don't have Fallout 1st :(. By my estimates, there are 15 stamps available for non-1st owners but approx 25 stamps available if you do have 1st. I'm not looking forward to when the time comes for me to focus solely on Stamp Farming, because it's going to be painfully slow :(. At least there are some Pitt related S.C.O.R.E challenges this time so the monotony will be alleviated a bit.

Hey mate, there is a dedicated group in gaming sessions that are solely focused on running expeditions daily, you should sign up. You get 8 stamps by fully completing someone else's expedition and 10 for completing your own. So best case scenario, if all 4 party members complete their expedition with all mission objectives ticked, you'll get 34 stamps per day. You can also supplement this by making sure you join any random expedition you see pop up. It's still a grind, but it is much faster than soloing expeditions yourself or waiting for stamps on scoreboard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roundtoad said:

Hey mate, there is a dedicated group in gaming sessions that are solely focused on running expeditions daily, you should sign up. You get 8 stamps by fully completing someone else's expedition and 10 for completing your own. So best case scenario, if all 4 party members complete their expedition with all mission objectives ticked, you'll get 34 stamps per day. You can also supplement this by making sure you join any random expedition you see pop up. It's still a grind, but it is much faster than soloing expeditions yourself or waiting for stamps on scoreboard. 

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind for when I decide to focus purely on the Auto-Axe Trophy :).