South Park: The Stick of Truth Review Roundup

The game is getting pretty damn good reviews so far, I'll put as many as I can in this thread.

IGN: 9.0

The Stick of Truth makes one thing abundantly clear: I never want to play another South Park video game made without Trey Parker and Matt Stone's direct, intimate involvement. With a controller in your hand, you are almost literally – gloriously – playing a 14-hour episode of South Park. There’s much, much more here for series fans than the uninitiated, but it’s a light but good quality role-playing game in its own right. It is, in a way, Season 18 all by itself. It is funny, shocking, self-effacing, and pretty much everything I could ask for from a South Park game -- even if it’s mostly a one-and-done experience.

PlayStation LifeStyle: 9.0

The complete package is a solid piece of work that successfully marries the source material with one of the most beloved game genres out there. Peeling back each layer left me amazed at the scope and depth of the game.

Game Informer: 8.5

All the fart jokes and Chinpokomon references in the world wouldn’t mean anything if the gameplay weren’t up to snuff, but The Stick of Truth manages to impress as a game on top of being frequently hilarious.

Push Square: 8.0

A truly brilliant television tie-in. Every scene is stuffed with references and Easter eggs, and the dialogue is so authentically written and acted that you really feel like you’re playing through an episode of the show. Performance issues and minor irritations do hold the experience back a touch, but this is still a must-play for fans of the franchise.

PlayStation Universe: 8.0

A side-splitting romp with all the sharp satirical humour we've come to expect from South Park. Strip away its wit and, despite a few flaws, you'll find a satisfyingly deep RPG

PlayStation Official Magazine UK: 8.0

Brimming with some of the best dialogue and characters on in a game, The Stick Of Truth is only let down by needless framerate issues and a lack of additional locations beyond South Park itself.

That is all the English reviews on the Metacritic page so far and I'll update when more reviews come in. I'm happy and honestly pretty surprised that the game is getting such good scores but I'll get to experience it for myself pretty damn soon. 

If you find some more reviews feel free to post it up and I'll add it to the OP. I've just been adding the summaries here and if you click on the name of the publication it will link you directly to the full review from that website. 

Parker

• Like 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-04-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-review : 8/10

A finicky combat system, a lack of challenge and few reasons to remain in South Park once the story is done - these minor disappointments hold The Stick of Truth back from greatness, but they don't detract from the sheer audacious hilarity it delivers. In gameplay terms it may be soon forgotten, but there's unlikely to be a funnier - or filthier - game any time soon.

Glad reviews are looking good all round for this  B)

i love this game but i just wanted more from it, it was kind of disappointing that i waited a year to get after they canceled my pre order so i was stuck with family guy but i just wanted it to have a bigger story because the short story was a little disappointing for a game that got postponed a year after its original release

• 2 weeks later...

I m a super cereal fan of south park, and the game is hilarious. But after you end the story, there is really not much to do. And im really disappointed with the loading times, seems to me like a game with that kind of graphics should run a LOT smoother and faster. im glad i rented it, i ll buy it when its 20 dls.

Edited by daniel6794