Help needed

SaySykesRN

So I was playing criminal girls for my 69th plat, and when you “motivate” them it requires a pretty heavy use of the touchscreen

after a few motivations I notice the screen is ??touching itself?? As if I’m touching it but I’m not, and it’s like spassing the screen out and I don’t know what to do because I wanna finish this game

its happening on and off charge, turning the screen off and on doesn’t do anything

on a side note, I bought screen protectors just incase it’s a dirt air thing so I’m gonna Google how to carefully clean a vita screen

Best advice is to get a microfiber cloth and scrub the screen thoroughly. Use a q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol on the d-pad and face buttons (especially the Right and Square buttons); older Vitas had some… interesting… design decisions, and those buttons sticking, even if it’s not enough to trigger or gum up the buttons themselves, can sometimes interfere with the touch panel.

My own experience with screen protectors wasn’t great - more often than not, it made the Vita not respond to my touch at all - but that’s very much a “me” problem, and one that occurs with almost every touch-screen device I’ve ever owned. Something about my electric field just doesn’t jibe with the stuff. I’m probably secretly a Lasombra. ? If you do decide to use them, make extra sure the screen is thoroughly clean and clear (monitor wipes recommended, then give it a few minutes to dry before applying the protector) and that no dust or other particles get sandwiched between the protector and the screen, as that’ll exacerbate the problem.

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 6:39 AM, DjusPS said:

It happens to me when the screen gets humide. 

The only way to fix it is to swtich the VITA off, dry the screen with a microfiber as explained above and switch it on again. It will calibrate itself back to a normal state

That’s what’s been helping me, only for a few touches tho and then it’ll go right back to spassing out ?

On 24/11/2022 at 8:02 AM, DjusPS said:

You are sweating like a hippo 1f601.png.

The touch screen really doesnt like any sorts of water / humidity on top of it.

One of the reason also I barely play buy games with touch screen only. 

Yeah the protector worked like a charm, the vita is not a friendly console for fat people like me ?

It might need to be repaired.  I don't know if that is an option for you or not.  I had a similar situation happen to me back in April with the rear touch screen.  At the time, I was going for the platinum for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.  I saved the game's fan service trophy for last to pop the platinum.  For the trophy, you had to touch the front and rear touch screens in the same location and move back and forth on a character to get some sort of reaction or something for a trophy.  I forget exactly what it was now.  Anyway, the rear touch pad was completely unresponsive.  I did the standard Google search and played with it a bit and determined it was broken.  I Googled video game device repair places near me and found one and had it repaired.  I think it cost about $35 US.  I'm in New York.  Again, I don't know if this is an option for you or not, but it might need to be fixed, a part or parts might need to be replaced.  Just a friendly suggestion.

• Like 1