some F rank games visible doubled

Hello,

sometimes when i check someone else's profil here on psnp i see some games with F rank doubled even though they shouldn't be there like Devil May Cry 4 on PS4, Little Nightmares, The Guardian etc. games that have only one trophy list or Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exodus (AS) appearing twice with the AS tag. I scrolled down to the end of the list, refreshed the page and some games are still doubled but not all F ranks and never any game with E or higher. It happens on both my computer and my mobile. I use Firefox on both.

Here's one random example:

nGAAxJp.png

Edited by Evil_Joker88

8 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Hello,

sometimes when i check someone else's profil here on psnp i see some games with F rank doubled even though they shouldn't be there like Devil May Cry 4 on PS4, Little Nightmares, The Guardian etc. games that have only one trophy list or Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exodus (AS) appearing twice with the AS tag. I scrolled down to the end of the list, refreshed the page and some games are still doubled but not all F ranks and never any game with E or higher. It happens on both my computer and my mobile. I use Firefox on both.

Here's one random example:

nGAAxJp.png

Could it be region differences trophies ?

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Can you link the profile? I see you are using PSNP+ so it might be a bug caused by the script. 1f914.png

https://psnprofiles.com/DeepDark0911

I guess PSNP+ doesn't have anything to do with it as this problem appears on my mobile as well and i don't have psnp+ on my mobile nor any other connection between firefox on pc and mobile

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I looked at the trophy list sorted by last trophy earned. Can you check with Firefox pls? I'll check with Chrome

Yes, happened to me in FF (without PSNP+)

Aaaand also in Chrome while sorting by "Last trophy"

Byd6U6e.pngAaaa

Edited by Smashero

Probably an issue with ties not being properly broken in the SQL call used in the Ajax query when the page is scrolled to the bottom.

When the page scrolls to the bottom, a request is sent to PSNProfiles that says something like "sort this user's games by last trophy earned, and fetch me games 401 to 500 in that ordering". However, this ordering is non-unique in many cases since the "last trophy earned" date is "never" for, let's say, games 450 through 600. So PSNProfiles returns games 401 through 450 correctly, but games 451 through 500 are a more-or-less random selection of the user's 150 no-trophy-earned games. Then when you scroll down even further, a request is sent to PSNProfiles that says "sort this user's games by last trophy earned, and fetch me games 501 to 600 in that ordering". This is again just a random smattering of 100 of the user's no-trophy-earned games, some of which may overlap with the 50 random games returned earlier.

The fix for this is to add a secondary sort option to the SQL query: instead of just saying "sort by last trophy earned", say "sort by last trophy earned, but in case of ties sort by the game's internal ID number".

• Like 2