Just Dance 2023 Edition Trophy Thoughts?

ThatDanteBlizzer

1 hour ago, RotatingCube said:

This doesn't have a platinum because Ubisoft is switching from releasing a new Just Dance game each year to just releasing this game and then constantly adding new content to it from title updates and dlcs.

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I got a feeling that they go the PES / eFootball route.

so basically pes but dance. that's great that killed nothing because i didn't care about this anyway thanks Ubi thanks

6 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

This doesn't have a platinum because Ubisoft is switching from releasing a new Just Dance game each year to just releasing this game and then constantly adding new content to it from title updates and dlcs.

I think they could have made this game the LAST platinum from the saga going this way...

6 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I got a feeling that they go the PES / eFootball route.

Just imagine battlefield or call of duty going this route ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

After JD 2021 PS4 and PS5 versions lock each other out from trophy progression on the other version, the bug on JD22 for users of previous editions, they now want to try this. ??‍♂️

Wow, no platinum ?. I'm actually kind of surprised that they would make it so, given their announcement that this would be the last Just Dance title we ever get. Such an odd way to end the franchise in terms of more entries, but at least they'll keep this one going for a while with new songs and what not.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 22/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Naomie_Len said:

Imagine that you are playing the game on Nintendo Switch or PC.

Not all companies care about PS Trophies, people still buy the game.

-

Are you a streamer? 

I don't need trophies.

That's fine. More power to you for playing the game your way. However, many people love trophy hunting because it encourages you to try new things and explore aspects of the game you may not do otherwise. Me personally, I'm addicted to that trophy dopamine so this is my drug.

That being said, having got the platinum on 3 previous Just dance games thus far I can say that these lists have always been a bit of a mixed bag. The trophies for getting all the mega stars is a fun challenge for the most part and something I don't think I would strive for without trophy incentive. However, the mojo and level grinds definitely get tedious after a while.

In the case of this list, it seems to just be pure tedium without much skill challenge at all. You only need to get three megas for this whole list if I'm not mistaken.

Given the lack of move / kinect controller support and a compelling trophy list, the switch version has to be considered the definitive version. So good call on your part for calling that out 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, grim_fendango said:

That's fine. More power to you for playing the game your way. However, many people love trophy hunting because it encourages you to try new things and explore aspects of the game you may not do otherwise. Me personally, I'm addicted to that trophy dopamine so this is my drug.

That being said, having got the platinum on 3 previous Just dance games thus far I can say that these lists have always been a bit of a mixed bag. The trophies for getting all the mega stars is a fun challenge for the most part and something I don't think I would strive for without trophy incentive. However, the mojo and level grinds definitely get tedious after a while.

In the case of this list, it seems to just be pure tedium without much skill challenge at all. You only need to get three megas for this whole list if I'm not mistaken.

Given the lack of move / kinect controller support and a compelling trophy list, the switch version has to be considered the definitive version. So good call on your part for calling that out 

Well, I'm a trophy hunter...but that's the way of life..companies need streamers to promote their games, not trophy hunters...they still don't care about us as part of the gaming community.

I closed my profile if I open it you will see that I am in the top 50 Just Dance Platinum.

Edited by Naomie_Len
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Naomie_Len said:

Well, I'm a trophy hunter...but that's the way of life..companies need streamers to promote their games, not trophy hunters...they still don't care about us as part of the gaming community.

I closed my profile if I open it you will see that I am in the top 50 Just Dance Platinum.

Hi sorry, my bad, I think I misunderstood the meaning from your previous post.

But you are right we aren't the primary target. That being said, a lot of new AAA releases end up being 3/10s with 50 hours and grindy lists. Having a good list can be a good way to promote a game but it's not the only way.

Also if you stream getting super / megastar of RADICAL helmet version with move or phone controller I will watch it. That song is gating me from the just dance 2017 plat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2023 at 3:18 PM, Naomie_Len said:

I remember you! C'mom, let us see that JD15 plat *_*  You also have JD 3 and 4, right? Didn't you have first achiever on some? Fastest? Guide author and everything! Nice seeing you around ?

I love free to play games but with Just Dance I refuse to go the free 2 songs route. First time I will not care about my score and I will probably be better than ever because of that! Trophies adds an extra tension and I love that this time it got ridiculously easy. Haha. Who needs a platinum anyways.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, GravityQueeen said:

I remember you! C'mom, let us see that JD15 plat *_*  You also have JD 3 and 4, right? Didn't you have first achiever on some? Fastest? Guide author and everything! Nice seeing you around 1f44d.png

I love free to play games but with Just Dance I refuse to go the free 2 songs route. First time I will not care about my score and I will probably be better than ever because of that! Trophies adds an extra tension and I love that this time it got ridiculously easy. Haha. Who needs a platinum anyways.

Who needs a platinum anyways? Yeah, those are powerful words. I recently started JD 2020 and JD14 knowing that I couldn't get the platinum. Because I like these games :)

You profile ain't to shabby either. BTW I recommend you get the Chinese version of JD15. It's still platable because that version has no online trophies.

TBH with JD23 I just grinded it out mostly with Let's Groove and Baby Shark. I feel kinda bad but I mostly play JD 23 with my family on the switch. So I will see all the new maps eventually. Still worth playing though when you have time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grim_fendango said:

Who needs a platinum anyways? Yeah, those are powerful words. I recently started JD 2020 and JD14 knowing that I couldn't get the platinum. Because I like these games :)

You profile ain't to shabby either. BTW I recommend you get the Chinese version of JD15. It's still platable because that version has no online trophies.

TBH with JD23 I just grinded it out mostly with Let's Groove and Baby Shark. I feel kinda bad but I mostly play JD 23 with my family on the switch. So I will see all the new maps eventually. Still worth playing though when you have time.

Thanks! I have JD 15 CN already. I had to 5 star everything twice because when I started the game, I had other JD saves on my ps4, this unlocked some avatars right away, I didn't realized it, and it caused "I want it all!" to not pop. I made my 125th plat milestone with it because I was locked on the NA version when Ubisoft shut it down.

Yesterday at Ubisoft Forward it was announced that 2024 version will launch on October 24th, I'm wondering what will happen to the game trophywise, if 24 will add a DLC set of trophies for the latest game, also wondering if the current JD23 trophies will become unobtainable, IDK, I'm becomind too scared and I think I need to get 23 as soon as possible. What do you think?

Nice profile as well, and I think it is very brave and healthy to add games which can be 100%ed, I will do it eventually as well, once I can't have a 100% account anymore.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Thanks! I have JD 15 CN already. I had to 5 star everything twice because when I started the game, I had other JD saves on my ps4, this unlocked some avatars right away, I didn't realized it, and it caused "I want it all!" to not pop. I made my 125th plat milestone with it because I was locked on the NA version when Ubisoft shut it down.

Yesterday at Ubisoft Forward it was announced that 2024 version will launch on October 24th, I'm wondering what will happen to the game trophywise, if 24 will add a DLC set of trophies for the latest game, also wondering if the current JD23 trophies will become unobtainable, IDK, I'm becomind too scared and I think I need to get 23 as soon as possible. What do you think?

Nice profile as well, and I think it is very brave and healthy to add games which can be 100%ed, I will do it eventually as well, once I can't have a 100% account anymore.

Ah totally missed that. When I searched for just dance on your profile it didn't show up. I guess that makes sense seeing as it it's spelled with Chinese characters.

I wouldn't worry too much about rushing to get JD23. In many ubisoft games these days the DLC does not include new trophies. Riders Republic is a good example of this. In the case of JD23 the trophy list is designed to be achievable even with songs rotating in and out of the game. As this is fully online. There are no disk songs anymore. In my case I did all the trophies using Just dance + songs and barely touched the new stuff. All it asked you to do is get 50 stars. 50 gold moves, and two mega stars. It doesn't care about the song.

4 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Also thanks for the advice on 2015CN. I will make sure I delete my other saves first to avoid issues with this. I just had a similar problem with JD20 where the gotchya machine trophy didn't pop. I decided to give up on that one sadly. I know I can get it by grinding it offline possible on a blank account but I'm so done.

Maybe it's time to go after the JD3 and JD4. Although you will need 4 first gen move controllers for that. The second gen ones only work with the PS4 / 5 ?

• Like 1

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this list becomes unattainable once 2024 drops. I do wish it had an actual challenge to the list instead of just playing 100 songs, essentially. 

I've only done 2021 and 2022 (just 8 levels until plat on that one), but those were fun and challenging to get. This one just doesn't ask you to do anything really hard. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 1:18 PM, Naomie_Len said:

Hi Naomie, I remember playing with you on the world dance floor. Fun times. Hope you are doing fine.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:54 AM, ThatDanteBlizzer said:

And some of it's trophies are very grindy.

Thoughts?

Well, it's a dance game. You play to enjoy dancing. Not to rush through it in a day just for trophies lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...