Devil in Me Curator's cut not unlocked?

So I played throught the main story on theatrical cut and I want to wrap up all collectibles and misc trophies by playing on curator's cut, but it doesn't give me an option to play it. 
I didn't pre-order the game and I am not sure if this is the reason why I can't play curator's cut or not? Does anyone else have this problem? Please let me know.

I have the same problem. I didnt get a pre order code but there was a Curators Cut downloading as I installed the game. I bought the game again yesterday Digital on the PS Store and it downloaded the Curators Cut but ITS THE WRONG Curators Cut. I bought a pre-order code from Ebay and it worked fine but it downloads the WRONG Curators Cut. The Curators Cut that downloads is the Man of Medan Curators Cut. I will contact Playstaion tomorrow.

Can someone that has the Curators Cut help me in a shared story on PS4 and possibly on PS5?

5 hours ago, ColeSteel_Earth said:

So I played throught the main story on theatrical cut and I want to wrap up all collectibles and misc trophies by playing on curator's cut, but it doesn't give me an option to play it. 
I didn't pre-order the game and I am not sure if this is the reason why I can't play curator's cut or not? Does anyone else have this problem? Please let me know.

They tend to release it for free after 6 months or so. If you didn't preorder.

2 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

I pre-ordered the retail version from Amazon, but didn't receive any code. Can someone who bought it on Amazon please confirm that they got a code? Or was it unlocked without any code?

Message Amazon suppourt asking where it is.

7 minutes ago, Snorof88 said:

I have the same problem. I didnt get a pre order code but there was a Curators Cut downloading as I installed the game. I bought the game again yesterday Digital on the PS Store and it downloaded the Curators Cut but ITS THE WRONG Curators Cut. I bought a pre-order code from Ebay and it worked fine but it downloads the WRONG Curators Cut. The Curators Cut that downloads is the Man of Medan Curators Cut. I will contact Playstaion tomorrow.

Can someone that has the Curators Cut help me in a shared story on PS4 and possibly on PS5?

Sounds like you got scammed or read it wrong, there's a different Curator's Cut code for each game, all of which are eventually released to everyone for free. I'd just wait and message the sell on ebay/check the listing see if you read it wrong, if they did message them or eBay.

I also pre-ordered this on Amazon AU, and it had the pre-order bonus of the Curator's Cut. Received it today. No code. Installed the game (both PS4 and PS5). No Curator's Cut. What the hell?

All of the other games in this series had a DLC code. I tried reaching out to Amazon and they're clueless. Ranging from there's no code, to giving me random 6-13 digit codes which don't resemble a valid PSN code and saying "try this".

Arrrrgh!

Edit:

Seems Amazon stiffed us and is playing dumb by saying there is no code that know of. Their only suggestion is to return it for a refund. Too late to get the pre-order code elsewhere. But, I did stumble across an eBay listing for one in Spain for The Devil In Me, and bought it. Surprise, surprise, it works. There is an actual 12 alphanumeric code that you can redeem on the PSN Store. Whatever retailer you bought it at should have given it to you, or printed it on the receipt. Normally, Amazon emails me bonus pre-order codes, but nothing this time. But yeah, there is a code that unlocks the Curator's Cut for The Devil In Me and it works for both PS4 and PS5 versions.

I guess that's the last time i'll be pre-ordering from Amazon if they can't make good on pre-order bonuses they're actually STILL advertising.

Edited by Graffin_G

Guys, check "Manage Game Content" in the game tile's options on your home screen. I feel so dumb right now :D

You don't need a code to install the Curator's Cut with a PS5 retail disc. 

Edit: But i still can't start a Curator's Cut playthrough from the game's menu for some reason...

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Guys, check "Manage Game Content" in the game tile's options on your home screen. I feel so dumb right now :D

Edit: But i still can't start a Curator's Cut playthrough from the game's menu for some reason...

I tried that there's no content there I had to email bandai I'm waiting to hear back

I still can't access the Curator's Cut. I tried to load different save files and played through the last chapter again, but the game always straight up starts another theatrical playthrough, no matter what. 

Guess I'll have to play through the entire game again with the DLC installed to unlock it. F*** this game.

14 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

That's because all of the other games Curator's Cut will appear there.

For example, one from House of Ashes, another for Man of Medan and another for Little Hope.

Even The Devil in Me version doesn't clearly state it's for The Devil in Me under Manage Game Content, it just says it shares the Curator's Cut with two other games.

I bought the code off eBay and redeemed it. I've attached the screenshot (with most of the transaction number and voucher code blanked out). It proves there is an actual code that needs to be entered. One that retailers should have provided you via email or printed on the receipt if you purchased from a physical store. It clearly has a PS4 and PS5 version of The Curator's Cut for The Devil in Me upon redeeming.

https://imgur.com/641p0TH

I have also reached out to Bandai with proof of purchase and to let them know that Amazon basically stiffed us by promoting a pre-order bonus (and still advertising it on the AU site), and then claim to know nothing about it.

If I get another code from Bandai, i'll share it with one of you guys.

32 minutes ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

I did not preorder and i dont have curator's cut, is that mean I cant plat it for now?

16 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Tying things needed for plat to curator's cut those that didn't pre-order can't get, with the only alternative being needing to know someone else that has the game... pretty, pretty lame

You could also open a boosting session here. You don't have to know someone else who has the game. But yeah, I also dislike that a pre-order or shared story is necessary to get the plat.

On 22/11/2022 at 2:29 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

If you preordered the game online or in store and did not get the code contact bandai at Europe: https://bnent.eu/TDP_Support

US: https://support.bandainamcoent.com/

They will ask to see receipt or email confirmation basically proof of pre order and purchase them they should generate you your code 

Ok, I got the DLC.

I contacted EU support, sending them a PDF of the invoice and they send me a valid PSN code and I'm playing Curator's cut now.

Thanks for the tip.

Luckily I have my sister to help with the curator cut collectibles, items and trophies. It is pretty shitty that you need the pre order for curator's cut though. House of ashes had every collectible available in theatrical cut (same as Little Hope I think..) so I don't really understand why you need curator's cut to get all other collectibles. There are only like 2 collectibles which makes even more shitty.

• Like 1

On 23-11-2022 at 8:13 AM, oswald41 said:

I have a question so I played the demo and the scene in the bathroom where she gets her throat cut it doesn't show blood or cut marks on her throat is it because it's the demo or what? 

No this game has a lot of visual glitches. Although it has bugs I still love this game a lot. Pretty weird that visual glitch got past testing.