Devil in Me Curator's cut not unlocked?

On 21-11-2022 at 9:02 AM, Graffin_G said:

I also pre-ordered this on Amazon AU, and it had the pre-order bonus of the Curator's Cut. Received it today. No code. Installed the game (both PS4 and PS5). No Curator's Cut. What the hell?

All of the other games in this series had a DLC code. I tried reaching out to Amazon and they're clueless. Ranging from there's no code, to giving me random 6-13 digit codes which don't resemble a valid PSN code and saying "try this".

Arrrrgh!

Edit:

Seems Amazon stiffed us and is playing dumb by saying there is no code that know of. Their only suggestion is to return it for a refund. Too late to get the pre-order code elsewhere. But, I did stumble across an eBay listing for one in Spain for The Devil In Me, and bought it. Surprise, surprise, it works. There is an actual 12 alphanumeric code that you can redeem on the PSN Store. Whatever retailer you bought it at should have given it to you, or printed it on the receipt. Normally, Amazon emails me bonus pre-order codes, but nothing this time. But yeah, there is a code that unlocks the Curator's Cut for The Devil In Me and it works for both PS4 and PS5 versions.

I guess that's the last time i'll be pre-ordering from Amazon if they can't make good on pre-order bonuses they're actually STILL advertising.

Yeah I don't know if I want to buy a pre-order code online. Sounds pretty shady, but I am glad it worked out for you. I am not gonna buy a pre-order code nor wait 6 months for curator's cut to drop. I am doing shared story with my sister cause we have a ps4 and ps5. It's actually pretty fun to play a story together and see everything connect. That's why I love playing curator's cut and I didn't know that it doesn't unlock on launch. One more photo op on Ps5 then just chapter select and pick up all curator stuff on ps4.

On 11/23/2022 at 2:13 AM, proud2bNs said:

You could also open a boosting session here. You don't have to know someone else who has the game. But yeah, I also dislike that a pre-order or shared story is necessary to get the plat.

Either way it's dumb. They should just sell it on PSN for a few bucks as an unlock if anything. In shared story, only one person can get certain pictures as Mark, and only whoever picks Marie in the beginning apparently gets to play as him later on when it's needed.  And it only counts for the person that takes the pics. That alone forces both people to sit there and do a good chunk of the game two more times, and if you don't want to waste time you have to hope your partner is willing to speedrun and not go for other trophies. Although I wonder if someone on here could theoretically pass a save around to help people get it? I think some pictures, 3 items (for handy) and two collectibles are in shared story if you don't have CC. Does anyone know how far you actually have to go to get all the Mark pictures in shared story? Do the collectibles/items (for handy) only go towards whichever player picks them up?

Edited by ChibsSoA

Hello!

I have had an ongoing issue with the preorder code from Amazon and it has all been resolved now.

I ordered through Amazon UK, received the physical copy of my PS4 edition and forgot for a day or two about the code as I was just excited to play the game.
I got in touch with Amazon and was passed around to 3 or 4 different people.
Eventually I was told that there was a limit of 10,000 preorder codes and that I had missed out and that it was mentioned in the game’s T’s and C’s.
I was too tired to question him on this, which is my bad.
I then got in touch with Bandai Namco EU and sent the screenshot of the Amazon guy mentioning this 10,000 code issue along with a screenshot of an email saying I’d preordered the game.
Bandai then sent me an apology and a code.

My next issue was getting Curator’s Cut to unlock.
I had downloaded it, it was showing on my PS4 that it was installed, yet it wasn’t showing.
After a few days and lots of help from Supermassive Games Community Manager, I then found out that to access Curator’s Cut you have to go to new game, choose your difficulty AND THEN you can pick Curator’s Cut.
I kept getting to the difficulty selection and not taking it further as I assumed there would be no other options after that.

I hope this helps anyone still having issues!

Edited by DigiDemii
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Either way it's dumb. They should just sell it on PSN for a few bucks as an unlock if anything. In shared story, only one person can get certain pictures as Mark, and only whoever picks Marie in the beginning apparently gets to play as him later on when it's needed.  And it only counts for the person that takes the pics. That alone forces both people to sit there and do a good chunk of the game two more times, and if you don't want to waste time you have to hope your partner is willing to speedrun and not go for other trophies. Although I wonder if someone on here could theoretically pass a save around to help people get it? I think some pictures, 3 items (for handy) and two collectibles are in shared story if you don't have CC. Does anyone know how far you actually have to go to get all the Mark pictures in shared story? Do the collectibles/items (for handy) only go towards whichever player picks them up?

No, the host will always play in theatrical cut even though they pick Jeff instead of Marie or vice versa. So if you want to get all pictures as Mark in curator's cut you have to play until the spa chapter. In the beginning when you play as Mark instead of Charlie and then in the spa chapter. For the items you only need the 2 jeff items (pocket watch and necklace). I don't really see a problem in doing this. But I do understand your rage doing this with someone random that also wants the trophies. If you're not the host then you are lucky, if you are the host it is honestly a waste of time.

19 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Yeah I think the person that picks up the item gets it.

Edited by ColeSteel_Earth

21 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

You should play until the spa chapter if you are in curator's cut. Because if you're not the host you play charlie in the cigarettes chapter and you miss out on the photos as mark in theatrical.
-If I were you I would just try and find someone that has chapter select available so you can just get the photos and collectibles in those chapters respectively.
Explanation:
-If you are the host just start a new game and choose Jeff twice for those items and that's it for the items in curator's cut. If you are the invited person, the host has to pick Marie twice. For this option to occur they/you need to start a NEW STORY.

-For the collectibles in curator's cut the host has to select the "noises" chapter and you can get the collectibles as Jamie there. If the other character (the one that isn't the host) collects those secrets they should count to yours as well in that playthrough if you are playing as Erin.

-Then lastly the photos, you can get the remaining photos by chapter select. YOU CANT BE THE HOST FOR THIS.

Opportunity: All photos of the crew, the lighthouse from a distance and the skinned animals in the house.
Spa chapter: The plaque of the Spa and all the construction worker dolls you can find. 
I think that's it for curator's cut, if you did those you can just finish everything solo.
I recommend following this guide for the photo's. I think the skinned animals in the house isn't in the guide but they should count (I think at least cause I haven't tried this out myself.)

I hope this helps.
Link to guide: 

https://www.pcinvasion.com/devil-in-me-crime-scene-photographer-achievement-guide/
This link is a text written guide for all photo's if that helps you more than a video. 

7 hours ago, ColeSteel_Earth said:

You should play until the spa chapter if you are in curator's cut. Because if you're not the host you play charlie in the cigarettes chapter and you miss out on the photos as mark in theatrical.
-If I were you I would just try and find someone that has chapter select available so you can just get the photos and collectibles in those chapters respectively.
Explanation:
-If you are the host just start a new game and choose Jeff twice for those items and that's it for the items in curator's cut. If you are the invited person, the host has to pick Marie twice. For this option to occur they/you need to start a NEW STORY.

-For the collectibles in curator's cut the host has to select the "noises" chapter and you can get the collectibles as Jamie there. If the other character (the one that isn't the host) collects those secrets they should count to yours as well in that playthrough if you are playing as Erin.

-Then lastly the photos, you can get the remaining photos by chapter select. YOU CANT BE THE HOST FOR THIS.

Opportunity: All photos of the crew, the lighthouse from a distance and the skinned animals in the house.
Spa chapter: The plaque of the Spa and all the construction worker dolls you can find. 
I think that's it for curator's cut, if you did those you can just finish everything solo.
I recommend following this guide for the photo's. I think the skinned animals in the house isn't in the guide but they should count (I think at least cause I haven't tried this out myself.)

I hope this helps.
Link to guide: 

https://www.pcinvasion.com/devil-in-me-crime-scene-photographer-achievement-guide/
This link is a text written guide for all photo's if that helps you more than a video. 

"If I were you I would just try and find someone that has chapter select available so you can just get the photos and collectibles in those chapters respectively"

easier said than done lol. Thanks for the tips. Anyone know if the trial of the game on psn lets you do co op? Maybe I can get a friend to download and speedrun quick enough to spa...

Haha yeah you are right I am sorry. I wanted to be as clear as possible. Good luck!

4 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

"If I were you I would just try and find someone that has chapter select available so you can just get the photos and collectibles in those chapters respectively"

easier said than done lol. Thanks for the tips. Anyone know if the trial of the game on psn lets you do co op? Maybe I can get a friend to download and speedrun quick enough to spa...

2 hours ago, SairenOne said:

PS5 says the CC is downloaded und installed but i dont have that option in the game :(

hit start on the game on dashboard and there should be an option to check installed add ons or something. Make sure it's checked off there

Edited by ChibsSoA

I read on a Swedish page that the curator's version will be released for "the masses" 3 months after the initial game launch. I feel this is a very bad move from Bandai, but I guess I have to suck it up and wait for my plat then. Bad move, this thing or idea. I totally missed out on the pre-order-curator's-only-thing.

52 minutes ago, Ken_sent_me said:

I read on a Swedish page that the curator's version will be released for "the masses" 3 months after the initial game launch. I feel this is a very bad move from Bandai, but I guess I have to suck it up and wait for my plat then. Bad move, this thing or idea. I totally missed out on the pre-order-curator's-only-thing.

You can still do plat in shared story, don't need curator's cut as long as you have a partner

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SairenOne said:

PS5 says the CC is downloaded und installed but i dont have that option in the game :(

Make sure you first do a full completion of the game, then select to start a new game, pick a difficulty and then you should be given the option for CC ?

I played through the game twice on theatrical and still no curator's cut :'D Yes, I pre-ordered the game and used the code, it says that the curator's cut is installed, but nothing. It doesnt matter what do I choose the theatrical version starts automatically everytime

I literally tried everything I could find in this topic so it is time to give up for now, I will try next year I guess

• 1 month later...

I pre-ordered the game through amazon.ca (Canada) and I did not get a pre-order curators cut code. 

I reached out to Amazon who in turn asked me to contact the publisher Bandai Namco. I found them at https://support.bandainamcoent.com/hc/en-us

I created a profile and submitted a ticket and provided proof of purchase and I'm happy to report that they emailed me a code for the curators cut. Platinum 191 forthcoming!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's still not working right. I'm looking at email where/when I pre-ordered, also looking at tv (PS5) where it says "curator's cut installed". Oh well i'll have to finish the game in a month or so when the curator's cut drops for us all. Who thinks of this shit... honestly!?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, darkyto330 said:

Oh, that whole story gets really annoying! The Currator's Cut is now available for everyone, so I've downloaded it. But still it does not appears as an option in the game menu ... really, really disappointing move from Bandai.

You have to first complete the Theatrical Cut playthrough of the game. Then, go to Play Alone, select New Story, pick a save slot and then pick difficulty and the option to choose between Theatrical cut and Curator's cut should be there.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, darkyto330 said:

Oh, that whole story gets really annoying! The Currator's Cut is now available for everyone, so I've downloaded it. But still it does not appears as an option in the game menu ... really, really disappointing move from Bandai.

You need to download it from the PS store and not by searching for update on the game through the playstation menu (option button + check for update available). I went on the PS store and found the curator's cut upgrade which I needed to "buy" (for free) again despite the fact I already downloaded it with the playstation menu. On the additional content of the game I have the curator's cut DLC installed twice. 

Like this it should now work. After creating a new game, you have to choose for difficulty and then for theatrical's cut or curator's cut.

Edited by Dwight_Venom