The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Glad Ronaldo is gone, amazing player in his prime but his giant ego remains. No player is bigger than the club, and has damaged his legacy with that interview (even worse that it was with that clown Piers Morgan). Ironic that the Glazers of all people have taken the headlines away from him being open to a sale. Obviously great news if we do sell as they've sucked the club dry over the years for personal financial gain, but the use of the term 'exploring strategic alternatives' leaves me a little skeptical. Really hope something comes of this announcement. 

Sorry for the slightly off-topic Ronaldo rant lol. Some good games again today, I want Japan to have a good showing as I love the Blue Samurai! 

Predictions:

Croatia 2 - Morocco 0 

Germany 2 - Japan 1

Spain 1 - Costa Rica 0

Belgium 2 - Canada 1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

I'm argentinian and I still don't understand what happened today. But winning the remaining two games it's enough to qualify as group leaders, so what happened today could be something even positive, so to speak, to find our form again. We had a 36 matches long undefeated streak, today's defeat cannot change all.

Under one condition and it's KSA should lose or draw the other matches and i don't expect them to win the other ones.

• Like 1

I wonder who came up with the uniforms. They’re pretty bad imho. Japan as blue and Germany as white is just off putting. I thought they’d go for a more traditional attire based on their flag or something.

Also, hearing the commentators refer to Japan as the land of the Samurais gets funnier each time it’s mentioned

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666