The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

7 minutes ago, neospoon said:

For all I care they can put their national diving team on the field. That penalty dive was exactly the same he did against Spain 4 years ago…

What a joke really

That was a penalty. Say what you want. No touch on the ball all player. So clear penalty.

As i said they need Leao

Man, this match between Portugal and Ghana has me at the edge of my seat. Literally, i'm watching my breakfast in the kitchen and 3 seconds later, i'm running to watch the screen on my PC. And of course, the 3 surprises (until this moment): 1.- The defeat of Argentina with the arabs. 2.- The defeat of Germany with Japan 3.- The beating Costa Rica took from Spain.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

36 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Ronaldo stop diving ?

That’s the problem in this otherwise beautiful game.  So much flopping - and being rewarded for flopping.  In the field of play, it gives you an advantage.  In the box, it is too often-game deciding.  It’s a very subjective call.

And I’ll never understand why there us only one official in the field of play.  Way too much to follow/enforce.

Glad there were a flurry of goals so that the soft penalty wasn’t the deciding factor in the Portugal/Ghana tilt.  Actually now that Ghana scored again, it looks like a 1-score differential.

LOL - Portugal goalie at the end.  Nearly blew it!  If the Ghana player hadn’t slipped…

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

That’s the problem in this otherwise beautiful game.  So much flopping - and being rewarded for flopping.  In the field of play, it gives you an advantage.  In the box, it is too often-game deciding.  It’s a very subjective call.

And I’ll never understand why there us only one official in the field of play.  Way too much to follow/enforce.

Glad there were a flurry of goals so that the soft penalty wasn’t the deciding factor in the Portugal/Ghana tilt.  Actually now that Ghana scored again, it looks like a 1-score differential.

LOL - Portugal goalie at the end.  Nearly blew it!  If the Ghana player hadn’t slipped…

?, Ghana almost equalized

1 hour ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:
Imma change the predictions rule to be 5 hours before the very first game starts, as it seems fairer to everyone, it’s already updated on the front page.

Any predictions made prior to this post will still be allowed to count.

Also, no editing posts until after I jot the scores down. I will usually quote you guys, so keep that in mind if your prediction isn’t counted later.

Hey, I've been putting my predictions but I forgot to put the ones for some days but I got screenshots for them, as I'm sending them to my brother for his bet at his job (He doesn't follow football but still wanted to participate lol) Would they still count or I'm already screwed on those days? 

3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Omg what is goalie doing?? Nearly blew it all. 

I saw the Ghanian player on the goal line and I knew instantly what he was gonna try and do. I legit didn't think a keeper at the highest level would fall for it. ALWAYS look behind you before you set the ball down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Caquis_1 said:

Hey, I've been putting my predictions but I forgot to put the ones for some days but I got screenshots for them, as I'm sending them to my brother for his bet at his job (He doesn't follow football but still wanted to participate lol) Would they still count or I'm already screwed on those days? 

Already screwed, sorry. You can still make some for the ones to come, though. It is still very early in the World Cup.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

5 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Already screwed, sorry. You can still make some for the ones to come, though.

I was expecting that lol, that's ok then. Thanks for the reply.

I'm gonna go ahead and make my predictions for tomorrow.

Qatar 0 - 3 Senegal

Netherlands 2 - 2 Ecuador

Wales 2- 0 Iran

England 4 - 1 USA

Edited by Caquis_1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I saw the Ghanian player on the goal line and I knew instantly what he was gonna try and do. I legit didn't think a keeper at the highest level would fall for it. ALWAYS look behind you before you set the ball down.

I guess some comments are right. You need players that do anything for the country. Like Pepe is needed cause defence was crap. And Rui Patricio as goalie 

Will stick predictions in now incase I forget like this morning. Hopefully I can get one game right ?

Qatar 0 - Senegal 3

Netherlands 1 - Ecuador 1

Wales 1 - Iran 0

England 3 - USA 1

Brazil-Serbia is cagey at the moment. Vini Jr looks the danger man for Brazil. Hopefully Vlahovic/Kostic come on for Serbia, surprised they both aren't starting.