The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Sucks that Ecuador got eliminated, I think they were way too confident after their draw with Netherlands. Oh well, hopefull tomorrow Argentina wins. As for my predictions, I'm actually not sure, gonna put random scores for the teams I want to win. I discuss the results with my girlfriend and my father and we think this is how it will end:

Argentina 2 - 1 Poland

Saudi Arabia 1 - 1 Mexico

Denmark 2 - 0 Australia

France 3 - 0 Tunisia

• Like 1

As latin, it is a shame that our fellow country Ecuador gets eliminated from World Cup after doing tremendous exhibition of soccer, specially vs Netherlands. It is true that today's presentation was awfull, sometimes having two results in favor can make you lose in this kind of competition since you do not mind risking too much as your rival will do, which is what happened with Senegal. Senagal itself has nothing to loose, too much to win, so they went to the victory no matter what.

As for Qatar, it is surprising the poor football this country has as a host nation of a FIFA World Cup, 0 points and the worst presentation from a local team ever. I don't know how the hell they managed to win the Asian Cup.

Now, let's hope our other three southamerican teams succeed in the World Cup. WORLD CUP SHOULD RETURN TO SOUTH AMERICA. Let's go, no matter if it is the sixth title from Brazil, the third one from Argentina or the 5th one from Uruguay, I want the World Cup to return home. ARGENTINA - BRAZIL - URUGUAY ???

Edited by Pottercito_
  • Like 2

Schedule for Tomorrow:
  1. Tunisia ?? vs. France ?? (10am EST | 7am PST)
  2. Australia ??vs. Denmark ?? (10am EST | 7am PST)
  3. Poland ??vs. Argentina ?? (2pm EST | 11am PST)
  4. Saudi Arabia ??vs. Mexico ?? (2pm EST | 11am PST)

Set your alarms everyone, it’s gonna be brutal for those stateside.

Like last time I’m not really rooting for anyone this time around, but I might drop in to watch a few of the games if I’m around.

My Predictions are:
  1. Tunisia ?? vs. France ??0-2
  2. Australia ??vs. Denmark ??1-1
  3. Poland ??vs. Argentina ??2-2
  4. Saudi Arabia ??vs. Mexico ??2-0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadDexterous said:

England 3 - 0 Wales (Late comment).

What a performance. Could have thrown a Brazil kit on us at times. Get in lads !

My thoughts... Noticed Yoshimi Yamashita a couple of times at this World Cup. She is 1f525.png1f525.png1f44c.png I'd like to see her blowing the whistle but I think we'd see more Red Cards with all the players trying to give her their number. (Dad jokes alive and well). 

My public comment... The fourth official did a magnificent job.

My thoughts... Gareth Bale played as well as Saido Mane at this World Cup. Just wasn't there.

Didn't like his interview before the match "I've got nothing to prove".

Well I'm sorry Gareth but you do have something to prove. Prove why your still in the team, prove why you deserve your place everytime you set foot on the pitch. Or let that place go to someone who will give 110% for their country.

My public comment... Gareth Bale did not play his best at this World Cup.

My thoughts... Heard our commentator in one of the games say "The keeper came up clutch there". I was clueless. The keeper saved the ball with his face. So I googled it. If that's 'clutch' I'd rather sit in the backseat.

Also heard one say 'He's such a baller'. I though he'd missed the word foot. But no google told me that's another new one.

My public comment... These new words take some getting used too.

Had a random thought... Ronaldo V Messi could be the World Cup final. What a way that would be for them to sign off their international careers.

@zulqarmessi there you go bud, enjoy 1f44d.png

Portugal vs Argentina ?

Mouth-watering finale

• Like 1

Guess no one expected Australia to make it through or France to lose, guess that's why it's called the beautiful game. Now, hopefully, Argentina wins because I don't want any other south american team to get eliminated, even though both, Argentina and Uruguay have it difficult.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Really but looks like ball to Griezmann comes from Tunisia defenders header.

Yeah it does, but the rule states that if the defender clear the ball instead of passing to a teammate, then it's offside because with Griezmann onside France wouldn't recover the ball. 

If the defender pass the ball and Griezmann somehow is offside and recover the ball, then it's a legal goal.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeanoltt said:

Yeah it does, but the rule states that if the defender block the ball instead of passing to a teammate, then it's offside because with Griezmann onside France wouldn't recover the ball. 

If the defender pass the ball and Griezmann somehow is offside and recover the ball, then is a legal goal.

Gotcha

1 hour ago, Caquis_1 said:

Guess no one expected Australia to make it through or France to lose,

I did, Denmark National Team is too overrated, they didn't deserve to qualify to the round of 16 in the last World Cup performance-wise. In this World Cup they performaned just as bad or worse that the last World Cup so their elimination was not a surprise.

In a different qualifying team for the World Cup, e.g. the one with England, Poland, and Hungary they wouldn't have made it. I hope Hungary makes it for the mext WC.

France was already qualified, so no drama for a defeat in the last match.

Edited by Deceptrox

Embarrassing match from Poland, hopefully France makes at least 5 goals for them to learn what football is about

Edit: Props to Poland's keeper, the only player in their field, if it wasn't for him they would've been eliminated

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

Embarrassing match from Poland, hopefully France makes at least 5 goals for them to learn what football is about

Edit: Props to Poland's keeper, the only player in their field, if it wasn't for him they would've been eliminated

Yup. Such a joke. Advancing after three really bad matches. 

• Like 1