The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

10 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

USA got the WC in 1994 and they had zero culture about "soccer" and I am sure some people could have found some dirt to say about america (slavery, gulf war, war in iraq, only country to nuke civilians, genocide of native americans, you know the usual stuff).

I think Qatar deserves its World Cup. I don't like the hypocrisy from the West.

USA had appeared in previous World Cups including Italia '90 and even finished third in 1930.

I disagree. Every host nation (aside from maybe the first two - Uruguay in 1930 and Italy in 1934) had appeared at previous tournaments. This is Qatar's first tournament and they're only here because they're hosts. I wouldn't mind if another African country like Ghana or Côte d'Ivoire hosted, but you shouldn't be able to just buy your first appearance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

This is the least excited I've ever been for a World Cup.

That was me with the Russia. After I saw how badly Germany was playing, I just stopped watching.

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

@Roronora_Zoro666

England 3 - 0 Iran ‘35 - ‘42 - ‘44

Thanks. Well check those out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadDexterous said:

What a match ! 6 - 2,  I'm happy with that.

Love Jack Grealish me ! Always glad to see him come on.

Great scoreline. Shame about that pen. Var not done great so far. No idea how that was a pen but maguires wernt. But never mind. 

Im a happy englishman right now

• Like 1

England were excellent today and hopefully we can keep it up throughout the tournament. Media is getting a little carried away though, I saw a quote earlier saying that Bellingham is 'Gerrard and Lampard' combined. Bellingham is quality and is arguably the most talented player in the world under 20, but that's a bit much lol. 

Netherlands crying out for a good forward watching this game so far, they look pretty toothless up top. Frenkie De Jong is such a player though (despite missing a good chance). Senegal looking solid too, so could go either way. 

• Like 1