The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Argentina much better today, Croatia fairly poor though. Messi outstanding and might get Golden Ball now regardless of final. Messi overtaking Batistuta is kinda shitty as Batistuta is my favorite striker of all time and would have loved him to keep that record, but it was inevitable with Messi's talent I guess. 

Edited by Glorious Fury

One more match?

1dbe2-1528032422-800.jpg

Strong defense, great midfield, attack looks "weak" on first sight but once the ball rolls Messi & Julian just play at their best. Julian with 4 goals while not even being an starter is unbelievable.

Fun fact: While Pele is widely considered the best player in WC history, Messi is just one goal away from him in the goalscorer table, sitting at 6th.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

I have (BOLD) Prediction

France V Argentina -Final

Morroco V Croatia-3rd/Third/IIIrd 

Play off

(Fact) Both teams played in group F &/and drawed/drew 0-0/Nil-Nil

Will France successfully defend title?

That’s the opposite of Bold, as that seems to be the most likely scenario.

Anyways, since today was a bust. Here’s hoping France chokes tomorrow.

Schedule for Tomorrow:
  1. France ?? vs. Morocco ?? (2pm EST | 11am PST)

My Predictions are:
  1. France ?? vs. Morocco ?? 0-1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, richardas_alex said:

Predictions for today:

Croatia 2-0 Argentina

Argentina will be out of luck today and Croatia will put on a show that this time they`ll finish the job in 90 minutes. They will score their first goal at the beginning of the match, then Argentina will do their best to tie but near the end of the match Croatia will score their 2nd goal and end Argentina`s hopes. It`s impossible for Messi this time to save his country.

this didn’t age well

Messi is the top scorer (with Mbappe) at 5 goals

Top assist (with Kane, Griezmann and Bruno Fernandes) at 3 assists

Most MOTM from each knockout game 

11 goals in WC total

Neymar was unfortunately knocked out in the quarter finals but at least he got his flowers. 

2 goals, equalised Pele's record with 77 international goals.  

Mbappe has 9 goals in 2 World cups. He could be the one to equalise if not break Klose's record with 16 goals in 5 and also might become France's all time goal scorer in the future.

I also gotta give it to Giroud. Definitely one of the most underrated strikers ever. He's won the world cup, serie a, ligue 1, ucl, uel, some community shield and fa cups.  

It looks like the PSG forwards are really having it. 

I see France going through Morocco, unless their guard's down. I thought Argentina was gonna go to extra time with Croatia, but that looked easy for them. The Netherlands game was far better. I wonder how Brazil got eliminated by this side of Croatia. 

Looking forward to the final on Sunday. Play-offs too, I guess. 

Predictions for today:

France 3-0 Morocco

Morocco had a great tournament, they`ve made history with reaching semi finals but unfortunately it`s over now for them today. They have no chance to beat France. If I were their coaches, I would`ve even focused on the 3rd place match right now. It`s going to be an exhibition match for France with Mbappe or Giroud probably trying to get hattricks.

Great tournament by Morocco, they deserved that match, played so well. The same with Croatia, they needed a top forward and a bit more of luck to win, but it was a tight match.

6 hours ago, richardas_alex said:

They have no chance to beat France. If I were their coaches, I would`ve even focused on the 3rd place match right now. It`s going to be an exhibition match for France with Mbappe or Giroud probably trying to get hattricks.

I swear some people just play Fifa and then pretend they are journalists or something.

• Like 2

I knew it

The opposition gave it all they got

This weekend its a tough one/1/I

10/Ten/X 

Both MBAPPE &/and MESSI

Also side note:Final Ref from England V France will referee that match/game

Lastly this journey/tournament had it thrills spills &/and unexpected turns

Edited by UNLEADED_BRONZE

Morocco totally deserved a goal in that one, a real shame they couldn't quite get there. 

I liked rooting for the underdog, now with the final ahead I'm not really sure who to root for. Think I'm backing France despite them knocking out both my country and lovable underdogs Morocco xD. I just really don't fancy seeing Argentina lift the cup in this one.

• Like 1