The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Predictions for today:

France 3-0 Argentina

It`s now clear that this is going to be definitely France`s easiest final win in their football history. Argentina`s squad seems like a championship league team comparing to France`s squad. Unfortunately Messi is going to finish his last WC match probably not even having a goal chance. Today I feel lucky that I am not an Argentinian person to watch this final. I expect Giroud or Mbappe will definitely score minimum 2 goals today. And Rabiot will probably be MOTM at the end.

10 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

This has not been my favorite WC, but at least it was more engaging than 2018. The preliminaries were wild and everything was very surprising all the way up to the Quarter Finals.

I hate both teams equally for different reasons, but I hate Argentina a little more when it comes to soccer. Here’s to France getting a back to back WC win.

I feel exactly the same. 

Let’s go France. Let’s keep the World Cup in Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

I just hope we will get a good game. No soft penalties or something like that. 

Also interesting that PSG is owned by Qatar and 2 of their biggest players are in finals

lol well we got our soft penalty 5/7 games they got a penalty… 

1 minute ago, neospoon said:

And here we go let’s cheat ourselves to victory 

Yes. Everyone knows FIFA is corrupt as hell, and I have the feeling that everything goes Argentina’s way. That said. They deserve the 1-0.

5 minutes ago, Caquis_1 said:

If we ignored the penalty, Argentina deserve to be winning by a lot more.

France haven't done anything, 0 shots and some really doubtful starting IX lineup, if Benzema was able to play why not put him, even as a sub. 

Absolutely. They are by far the better team. France again with their defence play hoping for the counter. Deschamps has to go. 

Edit: I also don’t understand the substitutes at all, that’s even more counter football. Play some pressure football ffs.

Edited by Baker

1 minute ago, Caquis_1 said:

If we ignored the penalty, Argentina deserve to be winning by a lot more.

France haven't done anything, 0 shots and some really doubtful starting IX lineup, if Benzema was able to play why not put him, even as a sub. 

I mean at the end there's not going to be a lot of backlash, because there is the camel flu that hit some players. So Messi will finally get the cup and the French team will be heroes for playing in such complicated condition. Cheers.

And please, do not say a penalty is nothing. It's pretty normal that a team that is losing get a boost after a penalty, same here with no previous goals. So yes, a penalty counts. I know what you mean but still is a goal and works in the psyche of a team.