The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

48 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

C'mon you cannot say never when your press and some players always overstimate the rest of southamericans during qualifiers.

We.. don't? We actually understand their level because we keep playing against them. Mbappe overstimating south america when he plays qualifiers against San Marino & Macedonia is ridiculous lol.

There's a lot of good south american players that fullfil european teams but it seems they aren't "advanced" enough somehow?.

From the last 7 WCs, out of memory 4 of them had a south american MVP (Ronaldo, Forlan, Messi x2).

• Like 2

Today I tried to get a photo of Messi & the cup, but the streets were so collapsed they cancelled the tour! The players are literally in a helicopter right now lol.

Hopefully I can get a photo of the cup in the museum?

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

This was the worst World Cup ever since I've been watching World Cups, one national team favored by the referees by orders from Fifa president without a doubt. Why does always have to be with this national team? First a total robbery when they were hosts, then cheating, and now help from the refs awarding non-existant penalties.

I guess when a player moves a lot of money by marketing and image rights and especially when he is close to retirement, in the eyes of the fifa that player has to win the World Cup even if this means helping that national team in detriment of other teams that do their best only to be screwed by imcopetent referees awarding non-existant penalties (most likely following orders from the head of Fifa). What happened when an unbiased referee (that had faults too) wasn't like by the team which in the eyes of the fifa president has to be the winner of the whole thing? He was sent home.

Sure, that national team improved a lot from the 2018 tournament but that doesn't justify all the favors they gained from fifa. If they only had been awarded one penalty that was not a penalty, it would be ok, it could've been a mistake from the ref, but 3 (and some people say even 4)? Come on! The 2014 squad made it to the seventh match by their own merits and unfortunately for them they lost to the better team that day, we cannot say the same this time as half of the qualification to the seventh match has a "by orders from fifa" tag all over it.

I thought this kind of help and favors were part of the past, other national teams were favored back in the day too but this team was favored (to say the least) all the times they won the whole thing. I hope this trend stops and the actual teams that win the whole thing (and even make it to knockout stages) achieve that goal fair and square, by their own merits and especially without interferance from fifa or anyone.

Sorry if I piss someone off but I needed to take out all this from me. I hope the 2026 World Cup will be remembered not by controversies but by good matches.

24 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

This was the worst World Cup ever since I've been watching World Cups, one national team favored by the referees by orders from Fifa president without a doubt. Why does always have to be with this national team? First a total robbery when they were hosts, then cheating, and now help from the refs awarding non-existant penalties.

I guess when a player moves a lot of money by marketing and image rights and especially when he is close to retirement, in the eyes of the fifa that player has to win the World Cup even if this means helping that national team in detriment of other teams that do their best only to be screwed by imcopetent referees awarding non-existant penalties (most likely following orders from the head of Fifa). What happened when an unbiased referee (that had faults too) wasn't like by the team which in the eyes of the fifa president has to be the winner of the whole thing? He was sent home.

Sure, that national team improved a lot from the 2018 tournament but that doesn't justify all the favors they gained from fifa. If they only had been awarded one penalty that was not a penalty, it would be ok, it could've been a mistake from the ref, but 3 (and some people say even 4)? Come on! The 2014 squad made it to the seventh match by their own merits and unfortunately for them they lost to the better team that day, we cannot say the same this time as half of the qualification to the seventh match has a "by orders from fifa" tag all over it.

I thought this kind of help and favors were part of the past, other national teams were favored back in the day too but this team was favored (to say the least) all the times they won the whole thing. I hope this trend stops and the actual teams that win the whole thing (and even make it to knockout stages) achieve that goal fair and square, by their own merits and especially without interferance from fifa or anyone.

Sorry if I piss someone off but I needed to take out all this from me. I hope the 2026 World Cup will be remembered not by controversies but by good matches.

¿Te duele? Me encanta. Sigan llorando mientras nosotros seguimos ganando copas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

¿Te duele? Me encanta. Sigan llorando mientras nosotros seguimos ganando copas. 

This is what I'm talking about, someone who thinks football was invented yesterday.

I shouldn't reply but:

Swap that ganando for robando and that sentence will be grammatically and semantically correct.

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

This is what I'm talking about, someone who thinks football was invented yesterday.

I shouldn't reply but:

Swap that ganando for robando and that sentence will be grammatically and semantically correct.

Yo te hablo en español porque no necesito validación de otros: llorá tranquilo mientras festejamos. Me encanta verlos dolidos. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Yo te hablo en español porque no necesito validación de otros: llorá tranquilo mientras festejamos. Me encanta verlos dolidos. 

I like when there is justice in football and when the refereeing is unbiased which unfortunatelly still happens these days not only at the World Cup. I hope this changes in the future even if this happens in very smalls steps at the time.

Edited by Deceptrox

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

i'm sorry but France was biased in favour of them. it was pretty clear that the ref was biased towards France in the QF match against England. i don't believe Argentina had bias for them (i wasn't paying attention to the matches in the early stages tho, just the result so maybe they were)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

This was the worst World Cup ever since I've been watching World Cups, one national team favored by the referees by orders from Fifa president without a doubt. Why does always have to be with this national team? blah blah blah...

The only thing i'm sure is that Peru was kicked out of the world cup by a dancing goalkeeper ?

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

The only thing i'm sure is that Peru was kicked out of the world cup by a dancing goalkeeper 1f602.png

A well-deserved elimination with unbiased refereeing. Unfortunately I cannot say a well-deserved winner nor unbiased refereeing for a certain national team.

Edited by Deceptrox

3 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

MUCHAAAACHOOOOS

• Like 2