Tips?

Blackmist_FFXI

So I grabbed this game for 5$ and it is surprisingly fun.

But I'm wondering, as it seems like a Rouge light title hack an slash. That will need many runs. 

Is there a trick to clearing some of this.

Aside from getting good, and reading parry times, I've lost 5/7? Survivors in the same dungeon (1st dungeon the tree looking thing)

And is there a map or is this like dark souls you gotta remember where shit is.

Eh no map, unfortunately enough. You have to just try your best to find your way and remember!! 

Honestly dude, probably the biggest help to me is to find a character with the Evasive Master trait. It really opens up the timing for being able to parry properly! Some characters will randomly start with it if you're lucky (you can see what traits they have on the right before entering a dungeon), but if not, it is sometimes awarded from a boss for defeating them. If you aren't too far into the game yet, you could just keep restarting a new file until a char with it pops up.

Another big tip, if you are still playing your original file that you did the tutorial cave on, start over immediately!! The item they make you use in the tutorial cave will void the Keep It Simple trophy. Using an item in any fashion, such as trading with the Barrow Hag, putting an item in the well, etc. will all void that trophy. Just avoid items altogether in your initial run! It's also helpful to just stash your save to the cloud after every boss fight. That way you can get your lost character back if you want. 

@Fleks_Mhteam and I are almost finished with a trophy guide as a matter of fact! May be a week or so before we can submit it, so you can keep your eye out for that ?

We chose a very specific order for the bosses, but also keep in mind their stats are randomized each time! In case you wanna go our route, here it is:

1. Belenos
  2. Boadannu
  3. Krannus
  4. Osseus
  5. Carnoccus
  6. Lochlannarg
  7. Ogmios
  8. Methir-Shirraidh
  9. Breith-Dorcha
  10. Morrigan

I hope this helps bud. Feel free to ask tho if you had any other specific questions! 

• Like 2

Shit Man that's awesome Thanks!

I was starting on Osses iirc, lol. and that dungeon took ALL my guys Lol.
yeah I'm playing on the original save, but im down to two folk, :P guess ill make a new file and look for Evasion master. some of the characters ya get are just so clunky it feels but i guess it makes sense in a "washed ashore and near deaths door" Situation 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news: the trophy guide has been submitted today!! No clue what the guide queue looks like tho, so not sure how long til it gets published...

On 11/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Shit Man that's awesome Thanks!

I was starting on Osses iirc, lol. and that dungeon took ALL my guys Lol.
yeah I'm playing on the original save, but im down to two folk, :P guess ill make a new file and look for Evasion master. some of the characters ya get are just so clunky it feels but i guess it makes sense in a "washed ashore and near deaths door" Situation 

Yeah what we learned is the bigger, slower chars are trash!! They may hit harder, but the lack of mobility is a serious issue when going for some of those trophies ? Honestly IMO, the spear is the best weapon. The long range poke heavy attack is OP!! Although I believe my counterpart @Fleks_Mhteam preferred dual maces or dual axes. 

At least it doesn't take terribly long to play through them all again... I had to restart as well because I messed up stashing my save about halfway through ? It will totally be worth it to get Evasive Master!!

Good luck tho on your quest and feel free to hit me up if you need any help or have questions or whatever!! Glad to assist if I can ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Good news: the trophy guide has been submitted today!! No clue what the guide queue looks like tho, so not sure how long til it gets published...

Yeah what we learned is the bigger, slower chars are trash!! They may hit harder, but the lack of mobility is a serious issue when going for some of those trophies 1f605.png Honestly IMO, the spear is the best weapon. The long range poke heavy attack is OP!! Although I believe my counterpart @Fleks_Mhteam preferred dual maces or dual axes. 

At least it doesn't take terribly long to play through them all again... I had to restart as well because I messed up stashing my save about halfway through 1f605.png It will totally be worth it to get Evasive Master!!

Good luck tho on your quest and feel free to hit me up if you need any help or have questions or whatever!! Glad to assist if I can 1f601.png 

Totally yes, the spear was fun, decent damage with distance. Think I killed the most with that weapon.

Also learned that the more mobs you kill,  the weaker the main boss became 

But getting stuck on ledges and dying to 3foot drop damage,  whoops lol

• Like 1