Question about trophies acquired offline on separate systems and the resync process

Long-Ryde

So, sorry if this is long-winded, I'm not sure how much detail I need or don't need but I'm just confused on what may happen in my specific situation.

Backstory:

I started Mafia 2 on my PS5 before it left PS+ Premium and got most of the trophies. I uploaded a save to the cloud, downloaded it to my PS4 (which also had Mafia 2 downloaded) but forgot to sync the trophies on my PS4 system before I left town. Now, I'm without internet, I can still play Mafia 2 and earn trophies, but according to my PS4 system I have the final story mission trophy, but none of the trophies for chapter 1-14.

Question:

If I earn the trophies on this PS4 that I didn't get on my PS5, will my platinum trophy still pop when I get internet again and it sync's up?

By the time I get internet, I won't have access to the game anymore, so I won't be able to boot it up and pop the platinum, which is what I'd assume you'd have to do, but unless I go through and get every trophy again, the platinum won't pop on my PS4 offline because I'm missing a handful of trophies that were acquired on my PS5.

If you've got all the trophies between both machines, when you eventually sync them, you'll be awarded the plat on Sony's side.  It won't "pop", you just wait a little while and sync trophies again and the plat will appear on your list.

It's happened to me a couple of times, as I have multiple PS3s and PS4s, and I sometimes start a game on one machine and finish on another.

• Like 1

Well, I did it, and I guess it wiped the first few trophies that I did popped offline...  I had the three story completion trophies as the very first ones that'd popped, but they're just gone now. I'm not sure what happened but I have screenshots from the trophies popping on my system and everything, they just don't say they're unlocked on my system anymore now that I sync'd the trophies. So that kind of sucks, but I guess no platinum for me lol

Super weird, if anyone could shed some light on my disappearing trophies I'd be grateful. Never had this happen before.

Edited by Long-Ryde