PSNP Interviews: JayDeLosDioses - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our next interviewee is none other than @JayDeLosDiosesLet's get some wheel-ly good questions coming in for this racing fan.

JayDeLosDioses.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until December 2nd, 2022. Jay has provided the community with a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions.

About Me

I'm Jay, a gamer in their mid-twenties from Stuttgart, Germany. There are three things I've done my entire life, or as long as I can remember:

• Gaming, that's the obvious one, isn't it? I've started on the old brick PS2 console my uncle gave me. My first games - Toy Story 2 and F1 2002. Nowadays I pretty much play anything in some capacity. I suck at platformers and pvp, but that's mostly due to my disability and I avoid Roguelike games, but I still enjoy them if the games are good. I'm a big fan of the SekiSoulsBorneRing games and The Witcher 3 (platted it three times). The only games I don`t play on console are Factorio and Civ VI, other than that, I'm a PS kid and that's probably not going to change.

• Formula 1, I've been watching F1 since the very early 2000s. I've learned the national anthem thanks to Schumi and his Ferrari wins. After that it went straight to Seb Vettel and Red Bull and I'm still a fan of both. But most importantly I'm a fan of racing. I don't really care who wins, if the race was boring it feels like I've wasted 90 minutes.

• Reading, that's a before bed thing since first grade. If I don't read before going to bed my sleep isn't good.My favorite books are the Miss Fortune Mysteries written by Jana DeLeon. The books are fun to read, have an interesting story and have the perfect chapter length to squeeze in on my way to work, during my lunch break and before bed. I've also read Lotr and Harry Potter ... maybe 10 times each, probably more.

A recent pickup for me is darts, been watching it here and there for a while and started playing for myself now. I'm terrible and I can't play longer than half an hour. But it's also fun, and I get better. It`s not as easy as it looks on TV, that's for sure.

Since I've mentioned my disability earlier, here's a short background on it:

Had it since birth, they miscalculated my birthday by ~3 weeks so I'd gotten too big and nearly ran out of oxygen. It started as this, but therapy got it closer to this. It will never be fully healed, unless I get surgery, but I've been scammed out of this twice, so that's probably a never ever. Feel free to ask more about it, I don`t mind talking about it. I just struggle with talking about it when no one asked anything, don't know why but it's always been that way.

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added to the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. What's your favourite animal?
  2. Do you also read nonfiction as well?
  3. How did these scams occur and what exactly did they promise?
  4. Of the 26 games we have in common, which one is your favorite?

5. What is the most annoying prejudice about people from Stuttgart, and why is it true?

6. If football is played with the foot, why isn't tennis called bat ball?

7. As you are an f1 fan what do you think about Vettel's retirement?

8. What books are you reading now?

9. Excited for the world cup?

10. Any games you were hyped for but ended up being a flop?

11. Thoughts on the GOTY nominees this year?

12. Ever thought about moving to Nintendo or Microsoft? Too similar to stock question #11

13. How bad is your disability?

14. From the SekiSoulsBorneRing canon, which gave you the most joy?

15. From the remaining 149 games you haven't completed or platinumed, which one will you never return to?

16. Do birds always look down on you?

17. As a fellow LOTR fan, I have some questions. ? I've felt the series has been sorely lacking in video game content. If there were to be a new game made, what era or character would you most like to be the focus?

18. Do you think you'll be buying the upcoming Gollum game?
  19. Assuming you've also watched the movies, are there any elements of the LOTR books you feel were neglected in the movies, and/or anything that was done better?
  20. What did you think of the Shadow of Mordor/War games, and what's your favourite LOTR video game if you've played any others?
  21. What is the tastiest German food that you'd recommend to foreigners?
  22. Is F1 2002 what originally got you into racing?
  23. Is there a sport or any other kind of activity you'd have liked to participate in if it wasn't for your disability?
  24. Do you think you'll ever pick up playing Trackmania Turbo again? It took me a long time to finish but it has to be one of my most rewarding experiences once I did. :) It's pretty amazing you've got so far in it since you mentioned how your disability limits you in some ways.
  25. Do you read audiobooks, or do you have to physically handle a book? Speaking of Trackmania Turbo, that game basically got me into audiobooks since I needed something more stimulating to listen to than music.
  26. How would you rank the Harry Potter books, and what was the most impactful moment you remember reading for the first time (maybe the most exciting or saddest)?
  27. Similar question for the HP series - are there any moments you felt were lacking or better in the films compared to the books, or maybe a particular scene you wished was in the films?
Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

as you are a f1 fan what do you think about Vettel's retirement?

what books are you reading now?

excited for the world cup?

any games where you were hyped for but ended up being a flop?

thoughts of the GOTY nominees this year?

ever thought about moving to Nintendo or Microsoft

how bad is your disability?

• Like 1

*bump*

• As a fellow LOTR fan, I have some questions. ? I've felt the series has been sorely lacking in video game content. If there were to be a new game made, what era or character would you most like to be the focus?
  • Do you think you'll be buying the upcoming Gollum game?
  • Assuming you've also watched the movies, are there any elements of the LOTR books you feel were neglected in the movies, and/or anything that was done better?
  • What did you think of the Shadow of Mordor/War games, and what's your favourite LOTR video game if you've played any others?
  • What is the tastiest German food that you'd recommend to foreigners?
  • Is F1 2002 what originally got you into racing?
  • Is there a sport or any other kind of activity you'd have liked to participate in if it wasn't for your disability?
  • Do you think you'll ever pick up playing Trackmania Turbo again? It took me a long time to finish but it has to be one of my most rewarding experiences once I did. :) It's pretty amazing you've got so far in it since you mentioned how your disability limits you in some ways.
  • Do you read audiobooks, or do you have to physically handle a book? Speaking of Trackmania Turbo, that game basically got me into audiobooks since I needed something more stimulating to listen to than music.
  • How would you rank the Harry Potter books, and what was the most impactful moment you remember reading for the first time (maybe the most exciting or saddest)?
  • Similar question for the HP series - are there any moments you felt were lacking or better in the films compared to the books, or maybe a particular scene you wished was in the films?