Sony Reportedly taking steps to ban Shovelware

diskdocx

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Me mate, I only know how fish and chips, and sushi. lol

I ate a burrito for the first time a few years ago, I had never eaten one before in my life.

Anyway, so Churros are basically a finger shaped donut dipped in chocolate, and Quesadillas, that is basically a Jenga Pizza?

basically churros are just a finger donut in powdered cinnamon sugar. dip is optional. i prefer icing glaze so its like a cinnamon bun (i know, its easier to eat a cinnamon bun but still lol). Unsure what a jenga pizza is. Google even failed me there, but its like a burrito, generally has beef, cheese, peppers, onion, salsa, and sour cream and sometimes other added stuff like beans, corn, etc. but flattened out lol.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

BTW, do you know what a Yorkshire pudding is?

LOVE Yorkshire pudding

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Am I allowed to post that Michael Jackson Thriller popcorn gif?

No you're not allowed because his music isn't in Sonic Origins

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Unsure what a jenga pizza is. Google even failed me there, but its like a burrito, generally has beef, cheese, peppers, onion, salsa, and sour cream and sometimes other added stuff like beans, corn, etc. but flattened out lol.

Sorry I was joking and/or trolling you. (Because of how that picture looked)

This is what "Jenga" is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenga

lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

So weird to see these things being defended, as if we're losing anything from them being booted off the store. They're barely games at all, some of the most cynical drek that's ever been produced in gaming, I just can't see a downside from them being gone.

There’s a few downsides (or potential downsides), depending on what definition of “gone” ends up happening. Most of them have already been mentioned. Potentially the one that has the most relevance or impact here is if the titles in question are delisted, then anyone who already dipped their toe in suddenly is sitting on veritable mountain of Platinums that are unassailable, with no means to “catch up.” (Note that, as I have said before, I suspect this would not have any real impact in the overall rankings, as even without those points, the leaders would likely remain the leaders, and at most I would expect to see a small shakeup in the ~3,000-~10,000 bracket, but only by a a handful of rankings. Someone more mathematically inclined than I can probably run the numbers.) The obvious counter to that is devaluing the trophies internally on PSNP, but again, I don’t really suspect that would make a difference.

The downside I fear happening, though, is if/when one of these developers decides to throw a tantrum when their title doesn’t pass muster and sanctions are levied. Because I can all too easily see them, profile picture changed to a sad cat, saying “Oh, Sony just won’t let me publish my totally awesome game because they have a problem with my <x>,” where <x> is liable to be a descriptor of their class, race, gender, sexuality, religion, mental state/illnesses/disorders, political stance or combination thereof. Any rational person would then proceed to laugh their ass off and move along, but it feels like it’s been proven time and time again that you can lie your ass off and if you hide behind the right shield, certain groups will take your ball and run with it, making a racket that people who are not educated in or part of the situation listen to and just believe, with detrimental effects up to and including legal action. Toss in a couple semi-convincing mockup screenshots of that “totally awesome” game (that never existed) and lawsuits are sure to follow… which are liable to be judged in the court of public opinion to the point where it doesn’t matter what happens in an actual court or what proof is provided later.

Call me paranoid if you like, call it slippery slope logic if you want. I don’t trust people, especially people who have shown themselves to be as opportunistic and shady as whoever is cranking out hundreds of Stroke the Jumping Buttplug Journey stacks.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

So weird to see these things being defended, as if we're losing anything from them being booted off the store. They're barely games at all, some of the most cynical drek that's ever been produced in gaming, I just can't see a downside from them being gone.

Easy to defend them.

Don't like the products, don't buy them. Crying about the games just shows you're too concerned about other people.

Only legit concern is the flooding over on the new games listings. That's easy enough to fix if Sony wanted to.

24 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Call me paranoid if you like, call it slippery slope logic if you want. I don’t trust people, especially people who have shown themselves to be as opportunistic and shady as whoever is cranking out hundreds of Stroke the Jumping Buttplug Journey stacks.

Yeah I agree. Well like I said, I either want absolutely nothing banning, or absolutely everything being banned and all the shite games up this point delisted.

Doing this like you say has the problem of being unfair in many ways.

Basically everyone in the lead will be uncatchable. I'm not saying it's a good idea to catch up with everyone else by buying more shit games, but if other people aren't also allowed to "shit their way up the ladder". A lot of the people up top want this shit to stop mainly so their lead is safe.

That also means the people already bought the shit will feel proud of their purchases. I also think there will be a ton of piracy and game sharing going on, where user others are gonna magically and somehow be getting all the games that got delisted.

Nobody at the top can be caught up, other than "if you can't beat them, join them", but if you can't join them there will be a huuge number of people asking for these games to have zero points, more than there is now.

And most cynically of all, I think the devs will spend their time making the basic minimum, and then just releasing Stage 3, Stage 4, like the Christian develop did.

And also everyone will just go back to medium/light spammy games.

POWG, Sushi Break, Ratalaika games.

People are addicted, stemming the tide is the only option, too many years have gone on for this to just suddenly be fixed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

According to this news, I wonder what games got removed already? Likely just a click bait article, but the rumour seems to be becoming more legit as time passes

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ps4-ps5-playstation-sony-store-games-banned-removed/

Also check it out!

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/search/stroke

A ton of the "The Stroke" series went on sale, developer panicking and trying to make a quick buck before all the games are removed? lol

I'd never actually bothered looking at these 'games' so I'm only now realising... £3.30 each?? 99p I kinda understand, well, not really but £3.30!! and these people are buying more than one version with a new animal every week.... Good grief its worse than I thought

• Like 1

Is there a second source for this yet?

Looks pretty weird to me that someone sent a meesage/screenshot anonymously to just one site and that site isn't exactly the dominant source of PlayStation news out there.

I wouldn't go dancing on ZJ the Ball's grave just yet until other publications start backing this up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Is there a second source for this yet?

Looks pretty weird to me that someone sent a meesage/screenshot anonymously to just one site and that site isn't exactly the dominant source of PlayStation news out there.

I wouldn't go dancing on ZJ the Ball's grave just yet until other publications start backing this up.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/331572-playstation-banning-shovelware-no-more-ezpz/?do=findComment&comment=6559032

No games that are already out or approved will be removed. Sony cannot enforce a new policy on previously approved titles. This will affect new submissions going forward. So those that are out will remain, and so will the most likely 100 additional games that are already approved, so early next year it will most likely slow.

15 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

No games that are already out or approved will be removed. Sony cannot enforce a new policy on previously approved titles. This will affect new submissions going forward. So those that are out will remain, and so will the most likely 100 additional games that are already approved, so early next year it will most likely slow.

Cyberpunk 2077 ?

29 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

100 additional games in just a few weeks? wtf

genuine question.. do u feel proud about your "work"? (I'm not referring to your ability to make easy cash out of practically non existent actual effort)

• Like 1

If any players are panicking or anxious because of the recent topic I found this spreadsheet last night on Reddit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gujCU1NONMXfXnQOs59Eb8cHeGhm4PIs2h9v0ask3Wg/edit#gid=0

I don't know if you want to finish up an incomplete collection or series before anything suddenly happens to the existing games like a delisting or something.  Or if you want to own a piece of Sony history?  If it happens it happens.  No need to have a panic attack or anxiety attack.  Take care.

Spreadsheet credit goes to this post:

26 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

Well that is irrelevant, what I said stands.

Yes, because you've totally read through the hundreds of pages of the PS Store Terms of Service between Sony and the publishers, so that you can now say with confidence that an approved game hereby benefits an absolute right to remain approved in the future, no matter what. I applaud such commitment. ?

Unless you can back it up somehow, I'm afraid your assertion is actually the most irrelevant one.

• Like 1