Sony Reportedly taking steps to ban Shovelware

diskdocx

Thats funny to see some people call these craps are "games", I dont want to argue on what people think they are "games" by their standard, everyone know how these "games" works. Most of the buyers buying these 2mins craps for trophies to keep or rush for rank only and thats all. Games with ez plat are more difference than shovelware.  Btw its too late to stop this, the leaderboard is now damged and meaningless.  its more like a pay to win board and see how much you have paid on these shits for ranking.  Anyway, good to see Sony finally do something, hope these dev wont get more money by selling these shits anymore and remove all of them from the store. I always buy indies day one and lots of them are digitals only.  I have stopped looking at what new games release on psn store for few months, feel so annoying to see these "games" flooding on the store for so long and no mood to browse any real games there I would like to buy.  

• Like 4

On 23/11/2022 at 2:07 AM, StygianWolf4 said:

I'm so glad I've been covering proper games for my guides lmao :awesome:

I mean after your first YouTube got banned, I guess you had to, no? Gotta branch out for your second attempt.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Data analytics shows that trophy hunting is not a niche hobby, by the way. If it was, publishers wouldn't placate their buyers with comically easy lists in the contemporary space. 

It's not the majority either. Maybe the publishers of non-spam games are just being lazy. I mean trophies are basically required by Sony and a lot of publishers just don't bother with making a "good" trophy list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majob said:

DuckTales was a case of expiring rights

And it can still be downloaded, it's just buried in bad PS3 designed menus. Most games removed for expiring rights, like that the ones for Voltron and Ugly Americans, are still there if you know how to PS3. Which is part of the distinction, the difference between straight up removed and delisted is more obvious as of the PS4. For the PS3 & Vita, it's all mixed layers of delisting and idiotic search functions.

Which brings me back to...

5 hours ago, The7thINFANTRY said:

Just curious, what were those six instances?

..I had a list at one point and don't seem to now (thank you kindly, Google Docs), and a general Google is failing me. I recall two or three were gameshows, like Wheel of Fortune, that were pulled in the days before trophies were required. I've got pictures in my head of the games I'm thinking of, but blanking on the names.

• Like 3

Will there be the possibilty That Sony Will delete these Games from our trophy Lists? I doubt its possible but can it be? Ungortunatly i played a few of them, and i would gladly removed Them from my list. If Not its also ok, but would welcome to have the chance to delete them. ( ZJ the Ball an those bowling Games, hate those trophy pictures so much !!!)

3 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

Will there be the possibilty That Sony Will delete these Games from our trophy Lists? I doubt its possible but can it be?

As the network currently is, it's not possible. You can hide your games, though, from the trophy list.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrShovelware said:

New wave of great shovelware games released.

Great to see them still releasing despite these "changes"

Imagine they are panicking and trying to publish as much as they can before they are cut-off. At least an end is in sight. Hopefully they can take all that money they earned and invest in developing actual games that meet Sony's new policies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrShovelware said:

New wave of great shovelware games released.

Great to see them still releasing despite these "changes"

Imagine thinking that a rumour would miraculously mean that these "games" would magically stop releasing on the store the instant we knew of this news.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

The "left wing nutcase" he is talking about is someone who called him out because he said all women were "bitches". But you know, that's a "stupid reason" to confront someone.

That left wing nutcase i think is me, and maybe someone else. AJ hates me, but i mean, it's cause he can't get one over on me. Women arent bitches. But i guess he thinks his mom must be a bitch then?

As far as these games go, one day they'll be eradicated. I honestly sometimes wish some super genius would hack PS Store and just delete these games for them. Ahead of schedule lol but we play the waiting game. Cant wait to see all those stupid kids getting $50 psn cards for xmas for 45 or so easy plat titles (ykno. tax)

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Imagine thinking that a rumour would miraculously mean that these "games" would magically stop releasing on the store the instant we knew of this news.

avengers-endgame-thanos-snap.jpg

if only...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, boorish_brute said:

that's only 50%

true, but, its a better start than sony has. was also more a play on snap and it disappears. Not how many would. 

I still stand by a full on BAN for playing these games. Rata is fine. But like, this food crap and vump lump etc. Nah. Delete the account. Start over lol

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

Well I really like pinball and just bought shovelware, It's soccer pinball and kind of fun. I can tell right away this is a super easy plat so I doubt I'll play it again. I mean ffs, if the game is ok you'd think the emphasis on challenging trophies would be stronger? It's not My Name is Mayo. I also have Back In 1995 from the HK store and I like it, but also reluctant to play it for the same reason.