WARNING Can't Touch This Bug

BigBoyDonk

So just went for this trophy where you have to get 15 kills with a hammer without taking damage, and upon the in game counter telling me I had gotten the trophy, no trophy popped. For now i'm going to keep on going through with my play through and worry about this towards the end, but i'm just going to explain what I think may have caused this to help others from avoiding this.

First of all I began to get my kills at the lab, then i did a fast travel to the lighthouse where I finished it off (at least the in-game counter). What I suspect is that you are supposed to stay in the same area or at least Act location (so no loading screens) for the trophy counter to count opposed to the in game one. Of course this could have nothing to do with it and I may have just gotten unlucky. So if you are going for this trophy try to avoid doing what I did and hopefully you don't have this same issue as me :)

When I come back to this trophy at the end of my play through i'm going to try and do 15 again on the same character, and if that doesn't work I will try it again on a different character. Really hoping I am not soft locked out of it now if the in game trophy menu is the final say.

UPDATE: Did some good ol 2011 research and found a forum filled with people with the same issue. The common fix was to delete game data (NOT SAVE DATA) and then reinstall it upon game launch, and for some this set them back quite notably, but luckily for me since I wanted to instantly solve this issue before progressing more it didn't really set me back at all, and when I checked the trophy menu, sure enough cant touch this and the other trophy did not say unlocked and had their respective counters. What a relief. To test it, I unlocked both trophies again and they popped! Still unsure on what caused all of this, I still believe that maybe my fast travel with cant touch this may have bugged something out, otherwise the only thing I did between my game sessions was that today I turned my online Co-op to LAN. Anyway for anyone who has the same issues as me, delete game data (NOT SAVE DATA!!!) and you will be golden :)

• 1 month later...
The PS3 often has the problem that trophies are not unlocked.
I had the problem with Prototype. It was supposed to unlock 2 trophies but only unlocked one. The PS3 failed to unlock both. And since this trophy had to appear before another one, I've been recognized as a cheater here for ages?‍♂️