Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

27 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Village Of Shadows difficulty is absolutely broken.

Inferno is ok, but when the final boss combo just one-shots you - well, fuck it, I had to dodge million times during the fight, is it a Dark Souls game or Resident Evil? lol :D

Yeah, all these difficulties just make no sense, more boring, than actually interesting

I'm not sure what you're really addressing here. In my opinion, the Dead Space games were more than forgiving, even on the highest difficulty, as you could take a few hits from even the most lethal enemies.

For a game of this type to be actually scary, you need to dread every step you take despite being heavily armed. As such, whatever you encounter needs to have a certain respect tied to it and while individually easy to deal with in theory, if left alone for even a second or two, might very well make short work of you.

One of my absolute best gaming experiences is in Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty playing blind. It was a blast and I'll never forget that ride until the day I die.

If The Callisto Protocol can topple that, the wait will be more than worth it. Sadly, the way I see it, most games on lower difficulties simply make you lose all respect for what you're encountering and with that, immersion and atmosphere goes out the window as well.

That's the very opposite of what I'm looking for when playing games such as this.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

I'm not sure what you're really addressing here. In my opinion, the Dead Space games were more than forgiving, even on the highest difficulty, as you could take a few hits from even the most lethal enemies.

I'm inclined to agree, although from memory the highest difficulty of DS1 and DS2 (Non-hard core mode) really did dramatically reduce the amount of ammo you could find in environment. However, since TCP has a higher emphasis melee that might not be such a problem.

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Nah, evil within wasnt hard. My personal score for evil within a max 5/10

Agreed, was probably a 6.5-7/10 for me, but I hated the camera control and couldn't get over it. Probably would have been a 5 otherwise.

Completely welcome a 9-10/10 experience for Callisto, bring the pain.

3x

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

Get the impression this may be tricky but pretty doable, or at least not save restricted.

I believe SnowNinjaRaccoon works with PowerPyx as one of the main writers, and they got the Platinum in 1 day 2 hours (the first on here). More importantly, looks like they did Max Security as their first run, as they got that trophy at the precise same time as complete the game on any difficulty.

I'm reading between the lines A LOT here as they're very skilled. However, being a guide maker, you would think they would blitz through the game first on an easier difficulty if the difficulty was becoming so hard that it significantly slowed progress on recording collectibles and/or missables. The fact they didn't indicates to me it wasn't so punishing that it prevented that.

Nothing concrete, at all, but my gut feeling is this will be a 6-7/10, not a 9-10/10. 

On 27/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

Im thinking its just a traditional hard mode where you have less ammo and enemies deal more damage.

Same. Permadeath is coming as post-launch content, so doubt it's that. Save conditions are possible, I suppose, but my gut feeling is that it's just a traditional hardest mode.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

I didn't look at the guide for fear of spoilers but according to a Reddit comment from someone who read the guide, you can enable all accessibility settings on Maximum Security and still get the trophy. That's including settings like auto-dodge, melee assist, QTE auto-complete, and auto-aim. If that's true then this sounds like it could be a really easy platinum.

Edited by SnakeSound222
  • Like 1