Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I didn't look at the guide for fear of spoilers but according to a Reddit comment from someone who read the guide, you can enable all accessibility settings on Maximum Security and still get the trophy. That's including settings like auto-dodge, melee assist, QTE auto-complete, and auto-aim. If that's true then this sounds like it could be a really easy platinum.

That stuff won't make a huge difference in difficulty. Auto aim might a little but often in games like this you get swarmed or rushed by enemies. It will be doable for most with or without this. Won't be "really easy" though. PP had it as a 6/10 dropping to a 4 if you memorize enemy placements from your first run

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I didn't look at the guide for fear of spoilers but according to a Reddit comment from someone who read the guide, you can enable all accessibility settings on Maximum Security and still get the trophy. That's including settings like auto-dodge, melee assist, QTE auto-complete, and auto-aim. If that's true then this sounds like it could be a really easy platinum.

Damn, hope so. At least QTE, hate that so much.

Huh so Maximum Security is = buff enemies. Nothing else. That's kind of weird I guess? And it's not exactly the kind of harder difficulty that I typically like. Instead of just buffing enemies I wish they also limited resources, saves, and potentially switched up enemy placements so that my Maximum Security playthrough will feel more different from my Normal playthrough. Actually I don't mind it when harder difficulties buff enemies, but in my opinion just buff their damage output to you, not their health bar. Making enemies tanks isn't really making things difficult in my opinion.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Okay so I’m playing on maximum security, I made a manual save, died, then it restarted me to an earlier checkpoint. So I clicked load game and the most recent save, it put me right back to where the checkpoint I was at. Is this intentional?? Or what. I’m irked if I can only use checkpoints and not save files. 

13 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Okay so I’m playing on maximum security, I made a manual save, died, then it restarted me to an earlier checkpoint. So I clicked load game and the most recent save, it put me right back to where the checkpoint I was at. Is this intentional?? Or what. I’m irked if I can only use checkpoints and not save files. 

Same on medium difficulty. I guess that goes for all difficulties. Manual save is useless.

Manual saves are used to go back to a previous checkpoint as the game only keeps so many autosaves at any given time. Manual saves are only useful if you miss something, it tells you how they work when you make one. I was a little disappointed but it would ruin the survival aspect if you could save and load on the fly like that.

Also why isn't the PS4 stack listed on psnp?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AtaraxicDream said:

Manual saves are used to go back to a previous checkpoint as the game only keeps so many autosaves at any given time. Manual saves are only useful if you miss something, it tells you how they work when you make one. I was a little disappointed but it would ruin the survival aspect if you could save and load on the fly like that.

Also why isn't the PS4 stack listed on psnp?

The PS4 version doesn't sync yet, which is why the list is AWOL. You have to contact the devs and remind them to upload it to the servers.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bhvinhadels said:

I reviewd the game in Brazil (https://psxbrasil.com.br/analise/the-callisto-protocol-review/) and dont know if the last patch fix this, but you can make a manual save in the last section after final boss for a glitch. After finish (easy ou normal), reload the save, change the difficult to Maximum Security when its loaded and finish again. The Trophy for hard will popup in the credits.

Woah.

Better play offline then lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhvinhadels said:

I reviewd the game in Brazil (https://psxbrasil.com.br/analise/the-callisto-protocol-review/) and dont know if the last patch fix this, but you can make a manual save in the last section after final boss for a glitch. After finish (easy ou normal), reload the save, change the difficult to Maximum Security when its loaded and finish again. The Trophy for hard will popup in the credits.

Damn, I need to now if that still works because Maximum is so bullshit with this clunky dodge system.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bhvinhadels said:

use the automatic dodge and QTE for Hard. Did half of the game before try the glitch reported.

Even with that i'm still getting hit by by things that should hit me and its... not fun at all. Gonna try the glitch, if not well, I'll wait for NG+ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bhvinhadels said:

Was this with the day one patch installed?

4 hours ago, Shinjiro120 said:

Even with that i'm still getting hit by by things that should hit me and its... not fun at all. Gonna try the glitch, if not well, I'll wait for NG+ 

I cannot express my utter disappointment with this game. The main gripe being the combat and how linear the game is. Holy shit the combat is TERRIBLE. It doesn’t help that I just came from GoW and evil west. This feels so clunky and is 2008. Also is the camera too close or is it just me? I feel like it needs to be backed up 3-4 feet. 

3 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

mate it's only 4 lines can you read the text you quote?

His review gave the game 85% and from what i've read this game is a broken mess without the day one patch installed, its barely playable. It's a valid question whether he installed it. There may have been further patches since the big 19gb one. I don't know I turned off automatic updates as soon as I read there may be a glitch ?

15 minutes ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

I've also avoided the patch at the possibility of that 1f605.png.

One thing to note, I've noticed at least one collectible in a Slightly different spot than in powerpyx's guide. (The one in Elias' cell. It's at the bottom of the stairs instead.) I'm only on chapter 4 though so we'll see if this continues to be a thing.

I was on latest patch and it was in the cell, is that where it was for Ppyx or where it should have been for you??

Ive noticed some loot doesnt always appear, kinda random. Its possible items have a possible few spawn locations within the vicinity, or just bugs of course

42 minutes ago, DarkSeraphim666 said:

That's correct. Pyx has it IN the cell. 1.0 version (non patched) has it at the bottom of the staircase right Near the cell.

Oh guess they moved it then, being in the cell makes more sense i guess.

If playing on a lower patch, a lot of stuff may be different, I hope you get no major bugs. I think most the early reviewers had the Day 1 patch before, it was ready to go i think when they got there early copies.