Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

6 minutes ago, darktore said:

I'm in chapter 4 and I didn't know about this glitch, if I switch to easy now does it work the same?

yes, powerpyx guide says to start on Maximum, drop to easy. After final boss swap to maximum again after manual saves. Trophy. if doesnt pop, exit game, reload. try again.

I didn't start on Max security though.

Edited by Infected Elite

56 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Can't wait for the permadeath Mode & ng+ dlc and people will complain how hard it is because they cheesed the game on easy difficulty ? I heard it isn't that hard on maximum difficulty tho.

Yeah me to. Hope hardcore is perma. Then this rattalaikai, 2mins easy plat ppl will start complaining how hard it is and how broken mess the game is, and ofc they complain about the combat because they suck at it with dodging! Cant wait for hardcore! Gosh i hope hardcore put it up to a 9/10 ;)  

Love the game and its combat! Allready a 10/10 for me :)

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ClapTrap27 said:

I feel like I'm loosing my mind on the final boss. Out of the 10 hours or so that I have played, I swear an hour of it has just been on this final boss.

This is what I’ve heard. That the boss on Maximum Security is absolute bullshit and super difficult. 

Idk how some of you are gloating how easy it is. The terrible camera angles, being attacked by 4 enemies at once. As someone who has beaten most dark souls games and other challenging combat games, I didn’t find MS easy. It was frustrating and not worth it. But as I’ve said it another post, there’s hard, then there’s bullshit. I deem Maximum Security the later lol

They may add the hardcore mode with a trophy but I don’t care to bother to hop on these games 3 months after launch just to get the 100% once they add those NG+/harder mode trophies. I find it a dumb trend and should just ship with the original game or don’t bother. Horizon, last of us part 2, days gone, so many others have done this.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Maximum Security isn't hard. It's the clunky camera lock ons and the inconsistently responsive dodges that make this game hard.

4 enemies at once? Lol enjoy getting whiplashed like you were in some sort of carousel at a carnival. 

Dodging while on an uneven surface (stairs, slope) or while your camera is somehow not centered enough to the enemy? Game will just throw away your dodge input like it never existed.

This game is fun to me, but it makes me wonder if they did enough playtesting on the combat for them to go 'Yep, those look fine.' lol

One of course wouldnt know without experimenting first, but a lot of the enemies have very specific spawn conditions so that you can spawn them all 1 by 1, prevent the spawn or kill them quickly before the next appears.

As an example, there is 1 passage in particular where 4 enemies can rush you and can mutate. Now you can spawn and kill all of these 1 by 1. Enemy #1 spawns as soon as you enter, #2 spawns when you move about a 3rd down the room, enemy #3 once the first 2 are dead and enemy #4 once you near the end of the room. If you ran straight into this room, you could potentially trigger 3 enemies at once, but if you know what you're doing, 1 at a time. I looked at other guides on this specific passage, and they say you will be facing 4 enemies at once!!

Another example is a outdoor encounter where tou can be fighting 6 - 11 enemies. I say this because 6 of the enemies are unavoidable, but 5 of them spawn from the ground in specific spots if you come within a few metres. Because of this, if you know the spots, you can change that encounter from a 11 enemy battle into a 6 enemy battle. Again, I suspect most guides say you will be fighting 10+ enemies at once here!

Another thing is you can use GRP to drop enemies of railings or even if there is nowhere to drop them, if you drop them somewhere which looks out of bounds, it can kill them instantly. A good example are the stalkers, if you know where they spawn from as sometimes they jump on you from a upper platform, You can quickly gran and release them and they die instantly as they are out of bounds!

The little critters die instantly if you grab and throw them 

On Chapter 6 Maximum Survivor and im finding quite simple so far if optimising routes. Takes a bit of skill with the combat of course, but almost every encounter so far has been easily controlled once the mechanics of the encounter has been figures out.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

One of course wouldnt know without experimenting first, but a lot of the enemies have very specific spawn conditions so that you can spawn them all 1 by 1, prevent the spawn or kill them quickly before the next appears.

As an example, there is 1 passage in particular where 4 enemies can rush you and can mutate. Now you can spawn and kill all of these 1 by 1. Enemy #1 spawns as soon as you enter, #2 spawns when you move about a 3rd down the room, enemy #3 once the first 2 are dead and enemy #4 once you near the end of the room. If you ran straight into this room, you could potentially trigger 3 enemies at once, but if you know what you're doing, 1 at a time. I looked at other guides on this specific passage, and they say you will be facing 4 enemies at once!!

Another example is a outdoor encounter where tou can be fighting 6 - 11 enemies. I say this because 6 of the enemies are unavoidable, but 5 of them spawn from the ground in specific spots if you come within a few metres. Because of this, if you know the spots, you can change that encounter from a 11 enemy battle into a 6 enemy battle. Again, I suspect most guides say you will be fighting 10+ enemies at once here!

Another thing is you can use GRP to drop enemies of railings or even if there is nowhere to drop them, if you drop them somewhere which looks out of bounds, it can kill them instantly. A good example are the stalkers, if you know where they spawn from as sometimes they jump on you from a upper platform, You can quickly gran and release them and they die instantly as they are out of bounds!

The little critters die instantly if you grab and throw them 

On Chapter 6 Maximum Survivor and im finding quite simple so far if optimising routes. Takes a bit of skill with the combat of course, but almost every encounter so far has been easily controlled once the mechanics of the encounter has been figures out.

And that's cause you've spent the very little time it takes to learn the games mechanics and use them in your favor which seems like something most trophy hunters are incapable of doing these days. You're also constantly being given supplies, ammo and valuable ressources to give you all the best upgrades for your character. Started on maximum difficulty right away and while I really enjoyed my time with the game, I thought it was too easy in terms of survival for a survival horror game being played on max. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

The game isn't even particularly difficult yet some people sound like it would be impossible without the glitch lol

Fighting a single enemy is braindead easy even on the hardest difficulty, the melee system only goes to shit when you fight multiple enemies at once, since as mentioned before you will get slapped from behind during recovery animations a lot. Other than that... that glitch is pointless lol

Also I thought Max Sec might have been a good training for the permadeath/hardcore whatever the shit will be.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

And that's cause you've spent the very little time it takes to learn the games mechanics and use them in your favor which seems like something most trophy hunters are incapable of doing these days. You're also constantly being given supplies, ammo and valuable ressources to give you all the best upgrades for your character. Started on maximum difficulty right away and while I really enjoyed my time with the game, I thought it was too easy in terms of survival for a survival horror game being played on max. 

Yea it does lob resources at all, its very generous. Feel the only changes made for hard is modifying enemy stats.

Have you found any upgrades game changing??

I ask because ive found them all pretty lacklustre so far except for the Pistol/Stun Baton damage and the Stun Baton arm breaking. Those 2 help to eliminate enemies quickly before mutations when out of battery.

I spent an hour upgrading stuff to different levels, and testing each levels on enemies. I was most intrigued to figure out the GRP upgrade capabilities. I'll actually post the GRP recharge info as may be useful for some.

So the GRP doesnt recharge automatically gradually, it goes on like a cooldown since the last use and after a certain time has passed, it will instantly recharge to full.

Battery Upgrade Medium - Recharges in 120 secs.

Battery Upgrade Max - Recharges in 90 secs.

Spending 3000 just to recharge 30 secs quicker is useless as you still must wait 90 secs so is useless in battle. And between encounters is usually longer than that anyway so hardly needed, and along with the fact that a checkpoint reload gives you a full charge.

All the other upgrades were just as useless except for I guess the cheaper upgrades for bigger mags and stuff.

Im still 2 chapters to go so wondering if we get weapons where the upgrades have a bigger impact?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Yea it does lob resources at all, its very generous. Feel the only changes made for hard is modifying enemy stats.

Have you found any upgrades game changing??

I ask because ive found them all pretty lacklustre so far except for the Pistol/Stun Baton damage and the Stun Baton arm breaking. Those 2 help to eliminate enemies quickly before mutations when out of battery.

I spent an hour upgrading stuff to different levels, and testing each levels on enemies. I was most intrigued to figure out the GRP upgrade capabilities. I'll actually post the GRP recharge info as may be useful for some.

So the GRP doesnt recharge automatically gradually, it goes on like a cooldown since the last use and after a certain time has passed, it will instantly recharge to full.

Spending 3000 just to recharge 30 secs quicker is useless as you still must wait 90 secs so is useless in battle. And between encounters is usually longer than that anyway so hardly needed, and along with the fact that a checkpoint reload gives you a full charge.

All the other upgrades were just as useless except for I guess the cheaper upgrades for bigger mags and stuff.

Im still 2 chapters to go so wondering if we get weapons where the upgrades have a bigger impact?

Ya I felt the weapons were pretty meh compared to dead space weapons. Think there’s like 6 weapons in total for this game. ? And most of them suck. For maximum difficulty I felt the fully upgraded riot shotgun and fully upgraded for max damage on ur melee weapon the stun baton. and then for the end as much as u can upgrade the assault rifle is 100% needed for the final boss I found him to be the hardest part of the difficulty but the rifle is pretty good for that fight. And ya upgrading the telekinesis grip is useless in my opinion especially on maximum spend ur coin on ur weapons 

• Like 2

Anyone know if this works without no patches?   I’m still waiting for my copy cause Canada Post sucks and hasn’t picked mine up from Bestbuy and I’m afraid this might get patched before Monday or Tuesday the rate they been patching this game.  I would pick it up but every store near me is soldout. 

On 03/12/2022 at 11:52 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Can't wait for the permadeath Mode & ng+ dlc and people will complain how hard it is because they cheesed the game on easy difficulty ? I heard it isn't that hard on maximum difficulty tho.

its not hard on max so its a bit confusing seeing people cheese it. I thought I would get less ammo, health, items etc but nope. You get a million of these things on top of being able to upgrade your GRP, baton and guns easily it becomes easy very early on. The GRP is insane and I found you can just stun lock enemies.

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

The GRP upgrades are pretty useless imo. The only time the GRP upgrade sounds reasonable is during the end segment of Chapter 6. Since you'd be throwing off enemies outside the arena a lot. I found upgrading at least  the first two levels of GRP charge (the middle upgrade path) helped in terms of making sure that I have enough battery to deal with the 4 waves of enemies before the boss. Didn't really have a lot of GRP battery on my inventory during that bit so it definitely helped, plus at at that point I had like 9k credits so why not? Other than that, recharge and GRP damage is pointless. Who even uses GRP for damage and not just throwing enemies on environmental hazards and out of bounds? lol

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Who even uses GRP for damage and not just throwing enemies on environmental hazards and out of bounds? lol

You also throw enemies further. I upgraded the GRP fully to see it's effect. And the dmg when throwing someone into just a wall was pretty darn high. Usually died after 1 melee combo after that.

But in the end you are better of upgrading Baton or firearms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

its not hard on max so its a bit confusing seeing people cheese it. I thought I would get less ammo, health, items etc but nope. You get a million of these things on top of being able to upgrade your GRE, baton and guns easily it becomes easy very early on. The GRE is insane and I found you can just stun lock enemies.

Agrreee, the game is very easy. with checkpoints every 4min.

Edited by DividedByMankind

17 hours ago, Smash41 said:

People complaining about people using glitches and exploits when they're on a website dedicated to trophy hunting never fails to make me laugh. As a gamer with limited time if something exists to cut down the number of playthroughs a platinum takes you better believe i'm going to use it.

COPE - Vancouver Island Crisis Society

• Like 1