Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

9 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

The GRP upgrades are pretty useless imo. The only time the GRP upgrade sounds reasonable is during the end segment of Chapter 6. Since you'd be throwing off enemies outside the arena a lot. I found upgrading at least  the first two levels of GRP charge (the middle upgrade path) helped in terms of making sure that I have enough battery to deal with the 4 waves of enemies before the boss. Didn't really have a lot of GRP battery on my inventory during that bit so it definitely helped, plus at at that point I had like 9k credits so why not? Other than that, recharge and GRP damage is pointless. Who even uses GRP for damage and not just throwing enemies on environmental hazards and out of bounds? lol

Yea as @Quink666 said, although recharge is quite useless, the Velocity upgrades are useful because they let you throw further. I agree damage by throwing is useless, but the extra throw distance really helps. The amount of times I tried to throw an enemy and then just fell in front of me was a lot, Velocity totally changes that! 

I think the battery size maybe useful as well because they your battery will hopefully last long enough for each battle, but it also means that every Battery Pack you find recharges more. 

Im not sure if the costly max upgrades are neccessary, i need to test to see how bug the difference is between medium and max, but i think medium Velocity on the GRP needs to be a must-have purchase for every1 straight away.

EDIT:

Something weird and not so if intended or not for sequence breaking, but I somehow have an extra gate fuse!! Everytime I get to a fuse panel, I can actually slot a fuse before finding the intended one!! I think this is from the area where you get the Skunk Gun schematic, there are 2 fuses there iirc, and you can keep one of them if you backtrack a little to get it back. Think that was where, though could be a glitch i guess, but thought i would share in case anybody else has encountered it.

Edited by Optinooby

On 03.12.2022 at 3:04 PM, Smash41 said:

People complaining about people using glitches and exploits when they're on a website dedicated to trophy hunting never fails to make me laugh. As a gamer with limited time if something exists to cut down the number of playthroughs a platinum takes you better believe i'm going to use it.

If you have limited time and want to earn some plats you can always play some jumping sushi or other jumping games and get platinum in few minutes. 
I think the problem is that majority of players are casuals, and even if the game is not that hard, they will play it on easy difficulty anyway, because they are casuals, and in my opinion playing games on easy difficulty gives you almost the same experience as watching walkthrough on youtube, what fun you will get on easy difficulty? On easy difficulty u don’t need to think about anything, you can faceroll any fight. Easy difficulty is just for watching the story of the game, but if you want to watch just the story u can watch it on youtube, don’t waste your money lol.
I think its not about limited time, its about being casual and weak gamer, as i said, there is a lot of 2 minute platinum games if u have limited time, because anyway majority of people will not look at your platinum trophies, usually they look just on how much plats u have, so there is actually almost no difference to get platinum in jumping sushi or in callisto protocol.

Apologies for my bad english.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, b1Rt-N said:

If you have limited time and want to earn some plats you can always play some jumping sushi or other jumping games and get platinum in few minutes. 
I think the problem is that majority of players are casuals, and even if the game is not that hard, they will play it on easy difficulty anyway, because they are casuals, and in my opinion playing games on easy difficulty gives you almost the same experience as watching walkthrough on youtube, what fun you will get on easy difficulty? On easy difficulty u don’t need to think about anything, you can faceroll any fight. Easy difficulty is just for watching the story of the game, but if you want to watch just the story u can watch it on youtube, don’t waste your money lol.
I think its not about limited time, its about being casual and weak gamer, as i said, there is a lot of 2 minute platinum games if u have limited time, because anyway majority of people will not look at your platinum trophies, usually they look just on how much plats u have, so there is actually almost no difference to get platinum in jumping sushi or in callisto protocol.

Apologies for my bad english.

I'm not sure why you have to go to the extreme and mention shovelware when people are expressing concerns regarding their time available.

Time is many times times the single most important factor when deciding what is to be played, and not too surprisingly, very time consuming games are often postponed for that very reason alone.

How do I know? Because I do it all the time.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, MysticJedii said:

Ok Mr I have never used a glitch in my entire life

Me neither and there are many more of us luckily ? but while I was counting on a difficult trophy on my way to unlocking challenging platinum, unfortunately we have a glitch that will be used until the patch is released, if at all.... I even played God Of War Ragnarok (which doesn't have a requirement to play on a higher difficulty than the easiest) on a higher difficulty level, because as the writer above wrote, playing on an easy difficulty level is like watching YouTube... especially in a HORROR game !!!

2 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

One good thing from new glitches/exploits being discovered is that you can see the elitists get mad and attack people they don't even know, simply because said people decide how they play the games they paid for in a way that does not hurt anyone. As always, PSNP dramas are the best, keep it up!

Be that as it may, I honestly don't think glitching someone's hard earned trophies to be that honourable.

If you take some of the hardest games available to date, how would you feel if somebody would simply press some random buttons and be done with it?

The fact is, not everyone is capable of earning every single trophy they're aiming at, and getting any trophy well beyond said person's capabilities is basically an affront to the Sony Gods.

• Like 1

So after playing all through the game and getting the platinum, I will say that the game was "ok" really nothing special at all and more action then horror for sure. After reading the comments though, I am shocked overall with how people are reacting to how people are deciding to play this game. In my mind, if the developers left a "glitch" or way to get a trophy and they do not care enough to address it then its all fair game. Honestly, I am glad at this point I do not have to play the game another run as it really was nothing I want to dive back into again anytime soon. I am sure alot of people agree with me on this as well based on the comments.

Of course for the people who do decide to do a max run legit then all the power to you! 

1 hour ago, Mellenthin said:

Be that as it may, I honestly don't think glitching someone's hard earned trophies to be that honourable.

If you take some of the hardest games available to date, how would you feel if somebody would simply press some random buttons and be done with it?

The fact is, not everyone is capable of earning every single trophy they're aiming at, and getting any trophy well beyond said person's capabilities is basically an affront to the Sony Gods.

How does someone earning a trophy with a glitch is related with someone who didn't? Both used different methods, but they got the same trophy without any kind of "LEGIT" badge attached, and none got any money prize nor an IRL prize, it's just a pixel thing on their profile which look identical. There is no lost of value for the effort both put in regardless of who did more than the other, they both experienced the trophy the way they wanted within the boundaries of non-flaggable methods.

I do not care how people earn their trophies: I did Assetto Corsa before someone came out with some DS4 settings which seem to make a huge difference and I don't care, I did Persona 4 Arena without the pause because I wanted to challenge myself but I don't hold any grudge on those who paused it, instead I congratulate to them for platting it. I may finally put effort in finishing Crypt of the Necrodancer before a potential future patch that may make it exploitable yet I won't care of those who will take the easy way. My own experience is what matters for me, I don't have to account for anything to anyone.

To each their own experience. The only glitches I dislike are those in multiplayer modes that give an advantage, but for SP they won't hurt anybody.

Sony Gods? Sony itself allows shovelware to exist for easy plats, they couldn't care less about trophies.

Don't praise trophies that much, there are things millions of times harder than them in games.

The game related to this thread doesn't even look that hard, so it's quite weird to see people complaining for the related glitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

How does someone earning a trophy with a glitch is related with someone who didn't?

They both recieve the same trophy?

Both used different methods, but they got the same trophy without any kind of "LEGIT" badge attached, and none got any money prize nor an IRL prize, it's just a pixel thing on their profile which look identical.

People speak of pixels here and pixels there, yet they spend all their waking hours to unlock them nonetheless. Better make up your mind if they're worthless or not.

There is no lost of value for the effort both put in regardless of who did more than the other, they both experienced the trophy the way they wanted within the boundaries of non-flaggable methods.

Improvements can always be made. Oh how I yearn for when the slothful will be purged.

I do not care how people earn their trophies: I did Assetto Corsa before someone came out with some DS4 settings which seem to make a huge difference and I don't care, I did Persona 4 Arena without the pause because I wanted to challenge myself but I don't hold any grudge on those who paused it, instead I congratulate to them for platting it. I may finally put effort in finishing Crypt of the Necrodancer before a potential future patch that may make it exploitable yet I won't care of those who will take the easy way. My own experience is what matters for me, I don't have to account for anything to anyone.

To each their own experience. The only glitches I dislike are those in multiplayer modes that give an advantage, but for SP they won't hurt anybody.

This is perfectly fine, and I agree to some extent. Even so,  I guess I care more for the leaderboards than you will ever do and I can only assume that's why we are so different.

Sony Gods? Sony itself allows shovelware to exist for easy plats, they couldn't care less about trophies.

Sarcasm.

The game related to this thread doesn't even look that hard, so it's quite weird to see people complaining for the related glitch.

I posted in the general sense, first and foremost. Perhaps the fact that the game came to be a complete letdown difficulty wise got to me a little bit, not to mention it also being exploitative making it even more so.

I constantly see people going back and forth over a game glitch at the end of the day use it or don't. play how you want to. if people don't like it don't use it it's as simple as that it's not like it's this super rare trophy that comes with bragging rights or anything. I hope everyone is having fun playing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

They both recieve the same trophy?

People speak of pixels here and pixels there, yet they spend all their waking hours to unlock them nonetheless. Better make up your mind if they're worthless or not.

Improvements can always be made. Oh how I yearn for when the slothful will be purged.

This is perfectly fine, and I agree to some extent. Even so,  I guess I care more for the leaderboards than you will ever do and I can only assume that's why we are so different.

Sarcasm.

I posted in the general sense, first and foremost. Perhaps the fact that the game came to be a complete letdown difficulty wise got to me a little bit, not to mention it also being exploitative making it even more so.

Yes, it's the same trophy. Try to check the profile of someone who used the glitch and who didn't. If from PC, open them in 2 separate windows and spot a difference, if from console, compare the trophy lists (i don't know if that can be done though) and find any difference. Will you find any apart from the timestamps?

Trophy hunting is supposed to be a hobby, it's meant for fun/kill the time and potentially to play and have fun with someone, as well as pacifically discuss about the trophies and the game itself. It's just a new way to play since trophies were introduced back in 2006/2007, before that people were gaming as well.

Of course you are free to take trophies more seriously, but as long as that does not implify any harassment to the other people, just like any choice in the life. Trophy hunt will always include usage of glitches and boost, gotta deal with that. And it is a good thing: imagine if those were not allowed, what kind of witch hunt this place would have been (with its very few members in such scenario). If PSNP ever falls, any website that wants to take its spot must inherit its rules to have any chance to be successful since almost all trophy hunters, as well as all from the top spots, have been trophy hunting within the boundaries of the current rules. While full of dramas, there are also good conversations on this website, all of which would be gone if there was a massive elitism to dictate the rules.

On 3/12/2022 at 6:03 AM, AaronNick said:

I can confirm it still works! I just managed to unlock it, I started on easy myself.

I did exactly what Harry94 said he did:

• Changed difficulty to maximum during the final cutscene
  • Let the cutscene play out and credits roll
  • Reset PS5 and reload the game
  • Hit continue and run to the end and the cutscene again
  • Trophy unlocked as soon as the credits rolled

It's not working for me. Any suggestion? I started on Maximum Security bur changed the difficulty later. Made a manual save after the final boss and tried both methods i) PowerPyx's )change difficulty there, beat the game, reboot, beat the game again); and ii) Changing difficulty at the final cutscene, closing game, etc.

Btw, trying on PS4 1.06 version :(  

Edited by angelbless45
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, angelbless45 said:

It's not working for me. Any suggestion? I started on Maximum Security bur changed the difficulty later. Made a manual save after the final boss and tried both methods i) PowerPyx's )change difficulty there, beat the game, reboot, beat the game again); and ii) Changing difficulty at the final cutscene, closing game, etc.

Btw, trying on PS4 1.06 version :(  

Hi mate.

Ive not used it myself, but seeing how the saves work in the game when i was playing about with difficulties earlier to test perfect dodging, I think you need to trigger a save after changing diffculty.

When you load a save, it loads in whatever that difficulty was, and the game seems to identify it as that, maybe how the glitch works, rather than the original difficulty. When loading the save, i think that save needs to be already set at maximum security, its why players are changing it, finishing and then reloading for it to work somehow.

Dont think seeing the credits is a requirement, just a by-product.

May not neccessary work, but could try:

1 - Load endgame save.

2 - Change to Maximum Security.

3 - Make a manual save.

4 - Load that manual save.

5 - Check it is on maximum security still.

6 - Complete the game.

If doesnt work, you could try closing game then load that manual and trying, if the glitch is somehow relates to the profile save when u boot the game up and it recognises the difficulty of the recent save.....

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hi mate.

Ive not used it myself, but seeing how the saves work in the game when i was playing about with difficulties earlier to test perfect dodging, I think you need to trigger a save after changing diffculty.

When you load a save, it loads in whatever that difficulty was, and the game seems to identify it as that, maybe how the glitch works, rather than the original difficulty. When loading the save, i think that save needs to be already set at maximum security, its why players are changing it, finishing and then reloading for it to work somehow.

Dont think seeing the credits is a requirement, just a by-product.

May not neccessary work, but could try:

1 - Load endgame save.

2 - Change to Maximum Security.

3 - Make a manual save.

4 - Load that manual save.

5 - Check it is on maximum security still.

6 - Complete the game.

If doesnt work, you could try closing game then load that manual and trying, if the glitch is somehow relates to the profile save when u boot the game up and it recognises the difficulty of the recent save.....

Thank you very much mate. Yeah, I tried that and every possible combination I could think of for the last two hours lol. Powerpyx and several others confirmed that it works on version 1.06, but I'm not sure if they tested it on PS4 or if it only works on PS5 and Series X.

The truth is that I changed the difficulty to normal (my mistake) already into the game so I could finish it quickly and play the PS5 version as soon as possible. I don't know if I could deal with Maximum Security difficulty, the 1 min loading times per death and the game running at 15 fps with the teleporting enemies all over again on PS4 lol.

• Like 1