Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

2 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

@angelbless45

Did you restart the ps4 and then tried the glitch? Or just restarted the game?

If nothing worked then the only easy choice is to do the glitch on ps5 and then auto pop the hardest difficulty trophy on ps4.

I tried restarting the game and the ps4, neither option worked :(. I think that playing the PS5 version and then transferring the save data might be my only choice.

On 12/4/2022 at 0:04 AM, Smash41 said:

People complaining about people using glitches and exploits when they're on a website dedicated to trophy hunting never fails to make me laugh. As a gamer with limited time if something exists to cut down the number of playthroughs a platinum takes you better believe i'm going to use it.

Too many goofy goobers gate keep everything these days, it's wild lol. 
People always want to feel superior though...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Thank you very much mate. Yeah, I tried that and every possible combination I could think of for the last two hours lol. Powerpyx and several others confirmed that it works on version 1.06, but I'm not sure if they tested it on PS4 or if it only works on PS5 and Series X.

The truth is that I changed the difficulty to normal (my mistake) already into the game so I could finish it quickly and play the PS5 version as soon as possible. I don't know if I could deal with Maximum Security difficulty, the 1 min loading times per death and the game running at 15 fps with the teleporting enemies all over again on PS4 lol.

Yea i didnt know for sure, was just another way. Thats the problem isnt it, all these methods, but the finer details are missing. Although it will generally work for most, without the finer mechanics figured out behind the glitch, players auch as yourself may perform the glitch in a unknown manner that it doesnt work!!

If you can wait, I should have a minus 4 hour platinum guide out in a week or so xD. Maximum Survivor ain't so bad once you break the whole game to pieces ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If you can wait, I should have a minus 4 hour platinum guide out in a week or so xD. Maximum Survivor ain't so bad once you break the whole game to pieces ;)

Wouldn't it be better to wait until the NG+ launches in Feb before routing a trophy guide? I'm sure that option will streamline max difficulty it you intend to do it without glitches.

6 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

I tried restarting the game and the ps4, neither option worked :(. I think that playing the PS5 version and then transferring the save data might be my only choice.

Why glitch something thats not even hard at all. Why not just enjoy the game  and be happy that a new IP is out instead the same old franchise every year from other developers that never drops a new IP. I would rate maximum security a 4/10. 

It is a lot of checkpoints. Enough ammo and a good timing with the meelee, when you get it right it is prob a 3/10. 

Enemies wont even hit you if you time pistol and melee together.

Dont give me the crap you guys save a playthrough. You can play that diffculty straight away! Just to defend a glitch.

I am annoyed because the game is been out only 3 days. And ppl are cheating it with a glitch allready.

My advice. Dont like it! Scroll passed it.

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Wouldn't it be better to wait until the NG+ launches in Feb before routing a trophy guide? I'm sure that option will streamline max difficulty it you intend to do it without glitches.

Thing is that will be 2 playthroughs then, when its possible in 1.

Its honestly going to be easy enough with my strategies, only problem i guess will be coming to grps with the controls and the way the combat works.

I quite like the game though and actually would like harder trophies to cover, so I will likely cover it again when the NG+ drops. I wanna do Hadcore if there is a trophy for it. Then I may do a NG hardcore run, then a NG easy + NG+ hardcore run if possible and hardcore unlocks maximum trophy

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea i didnt know for sure, was just another way. Thats the problem isnt it, all these methods, but the finer details are missing. Although it will generally work for most, without the finer mechanics figured out behind the glitch, players auch as yourself may perform the glitch in a unknown manner that it doesnt work!!

If you can wait, I should have a minus 4 hour platinum guide out in a week or so xD. Maximum Survivor ain't so bad once you break the whole game to So pieces ;)

So, in the end, I restarted my game from where I had my manual save at Maximum Security and beat it. IMO, there are a lot of problems with the combat, movement, switching weapon mechanic, frame drops, loading times, among others, that make the game less enjoyable than it should be, which is a pity since I kinda liked it; however I do think that many of these will be addressed on the following patches since the devs are aware and are actively working on them.

Anyway, just to confirm for anybody that could use the info, at least in my case, the save exploit didn't work on PS4 at 1.06 by saving after the end boss. It might work if you have a manual save in a previous chapter though? ?

Ohh and I will definitely check your guide for my PS5 run mate :)!! Keep up the great work. 

• Like 2

I got the trophy just now; playing on PS4 patch 1.06.

Here's what I did:

Start Game on “Maximum Security” (highest difficulty)
After the game starts change it to Easy difficulty in game options
Play through it on easy until you defeated the endboss

Changed to Maximum Security and made a manual save

Quit game and then I loaded the AUTOSAVE made automatically after I defeated the final boss instead of my manual save

The dificulty was on Easy from before so I've changed it again to Maximum Security
Finish the story and it should unlock Maximum Security trophy

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, CodGodFlame said:

I constantly see people going back and forth over a game glitch at the end of the day use it or don't. play how you want to. if people don't like it don't use it it's as simple as that it's not like it's this super rare trophy that comes with bragging rights or anything. I hope everyone is having fun playing.

This needs pinned ? 

So true 

50 minutes ago, oIMyersIo said:

The gatekeeping by some people on a site dedicated to trophy hunting with glitches, exploits, workarounds, etc all commonplace is honestly astounding.

Definitely compensating for something.

I very rarely use glitches/exploits, but who actually takes time to care? We can all use our cheesy methods whenever the hell we want. If I play callisto, I'll probably use the exploit too, because it doesn't look amazing, but it looks good enough for a single playthrough 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I just want to know if this works on an unpatched disc version of the game. That way, the exploid will always be there when playing using a disc if you dont update your game.

You think the first patch introduced this exploit? Highly unlikely 

Exploits all the way but you choose how you want to play. That’s the great thing I like about the trophy hunting community is the sharing of tricks, secrets, and workarounds. It’s what makes most of us come together to problem solve and share best practices. Just let us have some fun helping each other out. Guides, videos and online forums are made for this kind of stuff! 

• Like 1

It is a matter of perspective - as I played on Maximum Security and can say that some areas were harder than others, most notably the beginning of the game, and some sections at the end. Once I was able to upgrade my melee to level 2 everything seemed a bit better, but again, some sections were an absolute pain-in-the-ass to do and it made me wonder if they tested the difficulty threshold. The game is not bad, but the combat is something to be desired as encountering multiple enemies is basically death unless you are a pro at dodging.