Is this a little bit shit?

PotrikBerger

15 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Don't know this game so looked it up on Push Square. They agree with you but still gave it a 7

wHpBfHS.jpg

Lol, that’s funny how closely we both felt that little bit of shitness!

Coming straight from such a polished game as Ragnarok is no doubt affecting my feeling, but still, from what I’ve seen so far there isn’t enough here to warrant a £45 selling price. Didn’t have much expectations for it other than i thought it would be fun. So far it’s not really providing me that. Still, there is time for it to improve yet....

• Like 2

I like it alot. And its far more easier juggling multiple enemies and dodging attacks from behind than God of war is. The camera is too close in God of war, in this game I find it slightly better and more fluid with dodging all the projectiles and attacks from behind. 

Especially with the hardest difficulty where you die in two hits, it's a satisfying challenge. The chunky feel of the guns is nice, the art style and gore is darker which is good to see (Gow lost that with the new iterations, much more cartoony with brighter colours everywhere and less blood due to the family tone its taken) . Kinda got doom vibes with Gow 18 camera angle. 

Edited by A-D-I-L_99
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

It's exactly what I wanted it to be; a monster beat em up / shooter that is a bunch of fun and silly to play. I'm having a blast so far, 5 chapters in!

Agreed!

About to start chapter 14/16, really enjoying the game so far.

Definitely knew it was going to be a blast from just a few trailers before release

• Like 1

Got the plat a few days ago, and despite the combat getting mildly more interesting as the game continues, overall this was a let down for me and what I initially felt as this being a bit shit, I standby. The most disappointing thing is I just didn’t have any fun playing this.

I felt its main problem is that it has less depth than my morning bowel movements. Characters and story are ridiculously one dimensional, it’s cringy listening to the dialogue and slightly painful watching any of the cutscenes. It feels extremely dated in this area. The actual gameplay is repetitive and very basic and the devs idea of difficulty is just throwing more enemies on the screen. Once you’ve worked out how to crowd control effectively you’ve essentially cracked this game and every single encounter becomes a slight variation of the same boring fight. Only thing that changes is the combinations of the same repetitive enemies. Making for dull gameplay.

im not one for just bashing games. I was really looking forward to playing this but I feel it let me down in almost every area. I stand by my initial impression. I’d prepare whoever reads this that evil west is indeed a little bit shit and not to buy at full price.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01.01.2023 at 3:30 AM, ScintillaWolf said:

So I went back to Evil West over the last two days to wrap up the platinum with my Evil playthrough, and I must admit, whilst I stated earlier this month I enjoyed the game despite its flaws, I think the game is even better than I realised. For one, the story actually doesn't seem so nonsensical with a second playthrough, and with the added benefit of subtitles (yeah they weren't included in cutscenes upon release 1f602.png) I found myself paying attention more and being like oh okay that's not as stupid as I thought it was, although some of the dialogue still does remain laughable :giggle:

However, in playing new game plus with all my upgrades unlocked and Evil proving an enjoyable challenge, I found the game twice as fun as I did the first time round. So I'm no longer sitting on the fence or recommending a price drop... this game is awesome!

Thank you, now i'm gonna go and buy it

On 11/22/2022 at 6:47 PM, FawltyPowers said:

Don't know this game so looked it up on Push Square. They agree with you but still gave it a 7

wHpBfHS.jpg

I know I'm not adding anything to this thread but Reading the title of the forum and this really made me laugh ???

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed my normal difficulty play through on Co-Op. For the $40 I paid, I actually had a fair amount of fun. This fun was definitely increased by having a friend to play with and talk to during the play through, I wish more games did coop like this. As for the story, I did not like it at all and lost interest very quickly, my friend was into it a bit so we watched all the cutscenes but I wanted to start skipping lol. Gameplay is fun and rewarding for the genre, and not too difficult on the balanced difficulty. I will see what evil is like after a quick novice run to get all collectibles and money. I ran into a fair amount of glitches though, it felt like it could be a really solid game but it was in a beta state with all the graphical glitches (Enemies still standing after death, enemies getting stuck in the ground, explosion effects not dissapearing, etc. nothing too game breaking we only had 1 fight where the enemy was stuck in a spot we couldn’t get to to do the finishing move. Overall worth $30-$40 IMO especially if you have a partner who wants to run online coop 

On 31/12/2022 at 11:30 PM, ScintillaWolf said:

So I went back to Evil West over the last two days to wrap up the platinum with my Evil playthrough, and I must admit, whilst I stated earlier this month I enjoyed the game despite its flaws, I think the game is even better than I realised. For one, the story actually doesn't seem so nonsensical with a second playthrough, and with the added benefit of subtitles (yeah they weren't included in cutscenes upon release 1f602.png) I found myself paying attention more and being like oh okay that's not as stupid as I thought it was, although some of the dialogue still does remain laughable :giggle:

However, in playing new game plus with all my upgrades unlocked and Evil proving an enjoyable challenge, I found the game twice as fun as I did the first time round. So I'm no longer sitting on the fence or recommending a price drop... this game is awesome!

I'm an afficionados of difficulty, I'm always playing my games on the highest difficulty I can from the start (except if this difficulty is a one life only of course) and thats what I did with Evil West. It was such a huge punch in the face. 

At first i was enjoying it even though there was some unpolished things and all and the more I was playing, the more I became addicted lol. The Evil playthrought on first try, without having anything unlocked and discovering the game in this difficulty ... it was hell of a challenge, I was as proud as when I defeat some boss in sekiro sometimes lol ! 

The game is really well made, there's not too many ennemies to being impossible (thought the grand final is really REALLY hard !!!!!!) and most important, the variety of the ennemies is perfect too. You feel that the dev wanted to give a challenge without it being impossible. You have to choose which ennemy to kill first and use your skills with care or else you'll die. 

I've really enjoyed this game and the variety of the gameplay ? Thats crazy and once again in evil no ng+ you have to use EVERYTHING lol. 

On 22/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, Infected Elite said:

its an ode back to ps3 era corridor shooters. What'd you expect? groundbreaking gameplay? its simple. Some like it and some don't. 

Lol I was telling me it's look like old game like this ... I even thought of god hand lol ! I like these games, and it truly felt like one^^

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I struggled initially as the first level is very orange and I was thinking it wasn’t for me, but after that it was fine. 

I definitely found the evil playthrough to me a challenge and some rooms needed several attempts as did the boss fights. 

On the whole the game was fun, the story was fine and got the platinum. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...