Main game tile is horrible

CB7Tuner91

I feel like you can't judge a title of something until you finish the story. Cause it might make way more sense after some point in the story, but sounds weird or mysterious at first. 

I mean of course you CAN judge something right off the bat. But its a little to quick and rash. 

Edited by Profeelgood
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

The game tile is pretty uninspired, but the trophy images themselves are very nice. I’m more surprised that there’s less than 30 trophies for a title this big. 

Might be a case like the first Last of Us, they don't want your experience or gameplay to be dictated by the trophies?

I do agree that the trophies look nice though, whilst the main tile looks pretty dreadful. 

Part of me wants to rent this bc if a playthrough is 12-14 hours, that's no more than a week long plat even with hard mode thrown in. For $70 that's not a lot of bang for your buck. On the other hand I want to support it. But I'm not the type to be dropping $70 on a 25-30 hour plat vs just renting bc it's such a snack that'll be over so fast... ugh!

Edited by ChibsSoA

The eclipse mark is also the "o" in the game title. It doubles as a monogram. 

It's visceral, emotive, mysterious. 

Those all sound in line with the game. 

It takes a higher level approach to branding than the expected "protagonist on tile" design. 

Source; design director

Edited by Markemmanuel
  • Like 3

Can't say I've honestly ever given a shit about the main tile or the trophy art / names. I'm buying the game to play the game (and collect trophies), the tile/trophy art does not impact the game in any way. To each their own but I've never been looked back at my list and thought "Damn that small token art is outstanding". Instead I remember my experiences with the game.

To people who appreciate art and design, these tiles are pretty disappointing. And why wouldn't it be disappointing? Art is an integral part of marketing. The design is supposed to draw you to the product. It makes little sense to have an image that lacks a title and feels off in proportions. You can take the same image of the eclipse and make it look like professional design. I think all PS5 tiles should just be retail images of the cover art. But as mentioned before, those trophy images are really nice.

• Like 2

Always prefer a trophy tile to not include the title of the game in it. Would say having the title of a game in it is actually more lazy, as anyone can just paste that in there and be done lol. Though this one is a bit too much on the simple side too, but if thats all part of the games design, then it makes sense.

Edited by TheNarrator
  • Like 2