Is it 100% Possible?

Harim_Abed

I've read that there's a trophy (Metaverse I guess) that you have to spend real money to buy an item, but I also read that it's possible to trade that item with someone that already got it. 

Is it really possible to trade that item and complete the 100% for free? 

Can someone help? 

*EDITED: Someone here says you need 500 credits to be abe to trade*

500 Credits Thread

EDITED 2: Here's a guy who posted a guide, saying you need 500 credits (5$) to be able to trade

500 Credits = 5$ for new players

Edited by Harim_Abed
Added links

31 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Which trophy are you referring to? You can do the 100% without additional purchases. You do need to trade items of course! 

They say the Halo toper and Ion Rocket Boost is not tradable... 

You got these items? 

In addition, I updated my post and they say that new players need 500 credits to be able to trade items, which worths 5$.

Edited by Harim_Abed

5 minutes ago, Harim_Abed said:

They say the Halo toper and Ion Rocket Boost is not tradable... 

You got these items? 

Those items are obtained naturally during playing matches, as they're part of the base game, but not unlocked until you randomly unlock them at the end of a match. However, you can also trade halos and basically anything else that can be traded. 

5 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Those items are obtained naturally during playing matches, as they're part of the base game, but not unlocked until you randomly unlock them at the end of a match. However, you can also trade halos and basically anything else that can be traded. 

Yeah I know, I was reading now, but you need 500 credits just to be able to trade ingame, and you know there's a trophy about trade items... 

So we can't scape to spend money.... 

3 minutes ago, muddybloke said:

Are all the DLC packs - trophy-wise - free now? I've got the original Rocket League but never did any of the DLC. Am tempted to dive back in.

All of the DLC packs have always been free. I did the 100% from 2016-2018 and never had to pay for any of the DLCs from what I remember. But yeah, all of the DLCs and micro-transactions are cosmetic. 

6 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

All of the DLC packs have always been free. I did the 100% from 2016-2018 and never had to pay for any of the DLCs from what I remember. But yeah, all of the DLCs and micro-transactions are cosmetic. 

Ah might be worth a go then - though its been a while! - hopefully it's still a bit luck based and everyone isn't insanely good.

35 minutes ago, muddybloke said:

Ah might be worth a go then - though its been a while! - hopefully it's still a bit luck based and everyone isn't insanely good.

Matchmaking is based on your level, so if you're low level online, then you'll be playing against mostly low level players 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 26/11/2022 at 5:15 PM, Zipp Storm said:

For anyone coming across this thread for information, this is wrong. There were 3 paid DLC packs that were all made free on December 4th, 2019.

Everything is free now, but the free player experience is hot garbage. If you bought all DLC before the switch to Free to Play and never booted the game, I recommend that you continue that way because you will have to pay 500 credits to be able to trade with another player for the Swap Meet trophy, so you gonna need to shell out even more money and the game isn't even that fun to get trophies on.

I've played over 200 matches and I've got nothing but blueprints so far. I'm locked out of the Metaverse trophy because I can't trade without spending (more!) money and I don't have neither the halo nor the boost required for it. Also never got a Painted or Certified item, the trophy guide on this website is completely outdated saying that you randomly get items every so many matches, but you really don't. You get items from opening crates that you get from challenges.

If even after reading this you are still decided to start playing the game from scratch (why are you like this?), look up online how long left there is to end the season and start playing on the final 15 days (this is when all seasonal challenges become available) and buy the premium pass. That way you get TONS of items from the paid track, extra 55% exp on every match and you also get over 500 credits back from the paid track (provided you play enough) to be able to trade. This is the most fun way to play this game. Don't expect to get any customization items as a free-to-play player, the system is very hostile against freeloaders.

If you fail to get some of the items required for the trophies even after dropping and leveling the Painted/Certified items, you can do the trick to download the game without patches and grind matches until you have all the unlockables for any trophies you are missing, then patch the game and disconnect from PSN and do those trophies offline in Exhibition. I don't know if going online risks wiping your unlocks, but better not risking it, I guess.

I might just make a separate thread about the new player experience for this game once I'm done with all trophies, we will see how that goes until the later half of the month.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 4:06 PM, TheYuriG said:

For anyone coming across this thread for information, this is wrong. There were 3 paid DLC packs that were all made free on December 4th, 2019.

Everything is free now, but the free player experience is hot garbage. If you bought all DLC before the switch to Free to Play and never booted the game, I recommend that you continue that way because you will have to pay 500 credits to be able to trade with another player for the Swap Meet trophy, so you gonna need to shell out even more money and the game isn't even that fun to get trophies on.

I've played over 200 matches and I've got nothing but blueprints so far. I'm locked out of the Metaverse trophy because I can't trade without spending (more!) money and I don't have neither the halo nor the boost required for it. Also never got a Painted or Certified item, the trophy guide on this website is completely outdated saying that you randomly get items every so many matches, but you really don't. You get items from opening crates that you get from challenges.

If even after reading this you are still decided to start playing the game from scratch (why are you like this?), look up online how long left there is to end the season and start playing on the final 15 days (this is when all seasonal challenges become available) and buy the premium pass. That way you get TONS of items from the paid track, extra 55% exp on every match and you also get over 500 credits back from the paid track (provided you play enough) to be able to trade. This is the most fun way to play this game. Don't expect to get any customization items as a free-to-play player, the system is very hostile against freeloaders.

If you fail to get some of the items required for the trophies even after dropping and leveling the Painted/Certified items, you can do the trick to download the game without patches and grind matches until you have all the unlockables for any trophies you are missing, then patch the game and disconnect from PSN and do those trophies offline in Exhibition. I don't know if going online risks wiping your unlocks, but better not risking it, I guess.

I might just make a separate thread about the new player experience for this game once I'm done with all trophies, we will see how that goes until the later half of the month.

Indeed, there are few trophies you actually need to pay to get them:

* Swap Meet (Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction) : pay 500 credits to unlock the trade function.

* Metaverse (Equip the Ion Rocket Boost or the Halo Topper and win a match on Starbase ARC) : need luck or trade to get them.

* Don't Look Back (Use the Thermal, Burnout, or Nitrous Rocket Boost for a total of 10 minutes) : need luck or trade to get them.

Since I won't pay, I will probably never get those trophies.

From what I know, it seemed possible to trade the required items to unlock the trophy.

For certified and painted items, I got a few of them while I did tournament to gain points and redeem item.

Maybe it all changed after an update.

Good luck.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:10 AM, Harim_Abed said:

I've read that there's a trophy (Metaverse I guess) that you have to spend real money to buy an item, but I also read that it's possible to trade that item with someone that already got it. 

Is it really possible to trade that item and complete the 100% for free? 

Can someone help? 

*EDITED: Someone here says you need 500 credits to be abe to trade*

500 Credits Thread

EDITED 2: Here's a guy who posted a guide, saying you need 500 credits (5$) to be able to trade

500 Credits = 5$ for new players

i did the 100% and you need to spend 5$ to be able to trade and get the trophy. Other than that, all trophies can be done without spending money. The trophies for having a halo or any specific item can be a pain if you don't have it already, so having someone to trade it for you is the better choice if you don't have the items. Also there is a trophy that requires to have 150 items, if you trade the same items back and forth with your friend it will count, so you don't even have to farm 150 items, just trade what you have with your friend till the trophy pops.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you have the Playstation Stars points on your phone app, you can trade 625 points for 6 dollars i believe, which is the amount you need to unlock trades.

Edited by Axterix233
add more info

On 8/25/2023 at 5:48 PM, Axterix233 said:

i did the 100% and you need to spend 5$ to be able to trade and get the trophy. Other than that, all trophies can be done without spending money. The trophies for having a halo or any specific item can be a pain if you don't have it already, so having someone to trade it for you is the better choice if you don't have the items. Also there is a trophy that requires to have 150 items, if you trade the same items back and forth with your friend it will count, so you don't even have to farm 150 items, just trade what you have with your friend till the trophy pops.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you have the Playstation Stars points on your phone app, you can trade 625 points for 6 dollars i believe, which is the amount you need to unlock trades.

A little help pls ..

Well, in order to trade I know you must have 500 credits in the account, but does this credits have to be in your account during the trading process?

I mean, if I top-up my account with 500 credits, then buy any bundle from the item shop, and I have no credits left, will I be able to trade?

On 8/28/2023 at 7:18 PM, PeacefulGuy0 said:

A little help pls ..

Well, in order to trade I know you must have 500 credits in the account, but does this credits have to be in your account during the trading process?

I mean, if I top-up my account with 500 credits, then buy any bundle from the item shop, and I have no credits left, will I be able to trade?

Yes, you can trade freely after purchasing 500 credits. You just need to have purchased at least 500 credits at some point. Doesn't matter how many credits you subsequently have in your account after item shopping / trading 👍

Edited by pytknap
  • Like 1