Control

I haven't played the PS4 version but if it is anything like the PS3 version it controls wonderfully. Of course I'm a fan of twin stick shooters, if you aren't I can see how the controls may be annoying compared to more traditional means. 

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

R1 to shoot keeps confusing me, I have to admit.

I didn't like it either, thankfully the developers allow us to change it so I'm using R2 to fire my weapon now and it feels much better. Go to the options, change it and see if you like it better. 

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

R1 to shoot keeps confusing me, I have to admit.

R1 to shoot is almost every 1st person shooter since dawn of time -

change O X triangle square etc to prev/next weapon/item so when you retreat with left stick, you can change to better item/weapon with right hand

• Like 1

Hey mate, I get what you mean; it feels quite awkward at the start. However, stick with it, and you'll find an extremely fun and satisfying game.

A bit of a tangent here, but to be honest, I don't really understand why people (not you mate) complain so much about different controls in games. Metro 2033, for example, had a very different control system and several new mechanics that people continually complained about. For me though, I say be happy to try something different for once. Not every game has to have the exact same "R1 shoot, L1 aim, X jump, O crouch/roll, Triangle change weapons, square reload".

Sorry about that rant haha, but yeah, enjoy the game mate!

Edit: This is not to say that there aren't some games out there with genuinely terrible control schemes (I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some), I'm talking more about those that just present something different

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

nothing wrong with it actually, hotline miami, lara croft and the guardian of light, dark mist, were all have the same style of controls.

there's also the ps1's apocalypse, when playing it with a dual shock controller the controls will be the same as these, which is called by some arcade style controls of the consoles.