Server shutdown?

vKubabubaa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The game is on Ubi’s shutdown list. It has gone down before, and was offline for an extended period of time beginning in April last year following a massive Ubisoft server outage. So maybe the next time it goes down, it won’t come back. Who knows?

My advice, for what it’s worth: if you’ve started it, play it every day until you’re done. If you haven’t started it, don’t be upset if the game goes offline for good. You can attempt to play every day without synching trophies until the online is complete, but that will take careful management over a period of several months.

52 minutes ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

so im thinking about going back to clean up this stack but i dont know if i should.

Ok, update. You started the game in 2014…since you’re asking about it, you should be playing the game, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

After playing daily for months, today is the first day I couldn't connect. No rewards from yesterday, can't enter the challenge area, no friends list access. I'll have to try again later.

--

Tried again late tonight, working fine now. Got previous day's rewards and did the dailies.

Edited by chabala

4 hours ago, tranquilu said:

Yesterday I had this server problem, so I tried to enter at night and it worked like a charm.

The problem is. Today I woke up, level 11 popped at screen but no trophy :/

Now I'm gonna delete my save file and do all the campaign again :x

It's a known bug that the trophy for level 11 might not pop if you reach it with xp from an online challenge. For that reason it's best to keep one painting untouched until you know you have enough online points so the points from that painting will push you over to level 11.
Not sure if starting from scratch with the offline part, will still give you the online points from start or if they need to be earned again.

If you already knew, then it can be a warning for others :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kolm said:

It's a known bug that the trophy for level 11 might not pop if you reach it with xp from an online challenge. For that reason it's best to keep one painting untouched until you know you have enough online points so the points from that painting will push you over to level 11.
Not sure if starting from scratch with the offline part, will still give you the online points from start or if they need to be earned again.

If you already knew, then it can be a warning for others :) 

Known?

I've been looking at the forums for months and haven't stumbled over this once.

Is the bug common, and what precautions can we take?

I've been playing this for two months now, and I'm currently at 4750/6000 points with everything done in singleplayer - so I can't really save a painting for last. 

It would suck having to do things over again, as this is a massive and pointless grind.

36 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Known?

I've been looking at the forums for months and haven't stumbled over this once.

Is the bug common, and what precautions can we take?

I've been playing this for two months now, and I'm currently at 4750/6000 points with everything done in singleplayer - so I can't really save a painting for last. 

It would suck having to do things over again, as this is a massive and pointless grind.

No worries, I haven't read about this bug either, and trophy popped normally for me when getting to level 11 with challenge xp. Actually, risks of getting trophy glitches in this game on the PS4 version are very low, if non existent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, duncanmcleod said:

No worries, I haven't read about this bug either, and trophy popped normally for me when getting to level 11 with challenge xp. Actually, risks of getting trophy glitches in this game on the PS4 version are very low, if non existent.

Thanks, happy to hear!

Was getting a bit nervous over the previous post, as this game is such an unnecessary drag ?

21 hours ago, duncanmcleod said:

20 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Thanks, happy to hear!

Was getting a bit nervous over the previous post, as this game is such an unnecessary drag 1f605.png

It was a known bug near release in 2013-2014 but I don't know how good this was fixed by now. And not everyone experienced the bug, just some people had it happen.

The guide on here doesn't mention it but the guide on PST.org does: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/rayman-legends/guide/
For older games PST guides\forums often do a better job on the glitches.

Might be that it was only on PS3 but still... I like to not take my chances with such things and kept 1 painting untouched until I knew that I had enough online points that the offline points from that painting would push me over to level 11.

From the guide on PST.org:

Glitched Trophy Warning

Truly Awesome! is currently glitched for some due to Ubisoft's servers having issues meaning that you could hit the 6000 points required (see individual trophy description) but not get the trophy. To workaround this there are a couple of ways you can go. The easiest way is to leave a few single player levels in each world painting unplayed so that when you reach around 5900 points you can play these single player levels which will give you gold cups, and also Diamond cups for saving all the Teensies in those world paintings taking you over the 6000 mark and giving you the trophy. If you've already completed all single player levels then it's advised to backup your save on a USB, or using the cloud, when you're nearing 6000 points then continue the online challenges and if the trophy doesn't pop overwrite the save with the backup and try again until it does.

Edit: There's actually a topic about this glitch at the bottom of the first page of threads on this subforum.
They were able to fix it by deleting their local savefile and starting over. At a certain point the online points would be added and then afterwards they had to re-do the whole singleplayer until they reached level 11.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Fiercethetear said:

Not sure if I should start this considering one trophy supposedly takes 3 months and Ubisoft can close the servers at any moment of their liking. 

Go for it on ps4, last time when they announced server closure they gave like 2 months and prolonged it if im not mistaken. If you at least start gring you have huge chance.

Edited by WiktorM101

34 minutes ago, Fiercethetear said:

Not sure if I should start this considering one trophy supposedly takes 3 months and Ubisoft can close the servers at any moment of their liking. 

If you want to earn the Raymen Legends platinum without any need for online servers, hunt down the chinese vita copy.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1