Am I weirdo for not wanting remastered games in my list?

KakkerIakje

I just can't have games in my trophy list with a "remastered" subtitle. It's silly I know, but for example seeing Assassin's Creed III Remastered instead of just Assassins Creed III in my list just makes me cringe. I'll gladly play remastered versions of games as long as they don't have a "remastered" subtitle next to them, but otherwise I'll just grab the original version. Anyone else feel the same, or just me?
  • Like 1

You already have three "Remastered" plus one "Remake" and one "Definitive Edition" on your profile. I like that they are labelled differently personally. Makes it easy to tell them apart and it doesn't bother me one bit. If the best version of a great game was called "<Great Game>: Kick Me, I'm Stupid Edition" then that's the version I'd want to play. 

I can kind of understand not wanting games with weird subtitles but it doesn't really make sense. Then you care more about your profile than playing good video games.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 2

I'm not worried about it myself (JFTR I've got a few in my profile, all 3 Crysis remasters, MW 1 & 2 Campaign remastered), but I can't blame you... it's simply a personal preference.

Sometimes a remake can skip certain things that were nice about the original. The 2022 XIII remake (let's forget the 2020 train wreck) isn't bad, but there are little details it glosses over. I can see why some would rather play the original. A straight port of the original Unreal Engine 2 PC version to PS4/5 for $10 or less would be nice (maybe give it away as a bonus to everyone who bought the remake).

End of the day, it's your list - your opinion is the only one that should matter. If you don't want "Remastered" versions of games on there and don't like seeing them, then that's your call.

That being said, personally, yeah, I find it a bit weird that it seemingly bothers you that much but you do you.

Never known someone to think this. I've known quite a few people who don't like the idea of a stack on their list and whatnot but never a specific part of the title.

Thinking of little OCD things that bug me about game titles though... Series'... When you sort alphabetically but due to the nature of the games titling the series is totally out of order xD (sometimes that's even due to adding 'remastered' making it come alphabetically after the next games, like Modern Warfare Remastered)

Couple other random examples, the Jak series looks like:

Jak 3

Jak and Daxter

Jak II

So, the order is 3-1-2 lol

Crash used to be fine until 4, now the alphabetical order goes 1-2-4-3 because 3 is simply titled "Warped" rather than "3: Warped"

Meanwhile Spyro series ends up 2-3-1 thanks to "the Dragon" only being on the first xD

Those are just some off the top of my head, but I'm there's plenty of others.

It doesn't really bother me that much, but it's one of those little things that does just feel off.

• Like 1

Its the first time i hear something like this, but hey, its your profile.

Here is another cringy not so common idea, i think ps5 boxes should me all white, i mean, the logo and the console are white, and i understand people relate ps4 with blue color, but the blue and white color doesnt look that neat Imo

Something that really bugs me is when titles get shortened, which is typically a ps3 title thing. For example, I have Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus platinum. On PSNP it lists it exactly like that, but on the trophy list in playstation, it's just shortened to say "Sly 1." So, I don't think you're "weird," but certainly unique as I haven't heard anyone have a problem with that before. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...